EE geeks - anyone heard of using cling film?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
OK, so it's friday night and I'm in my jammies with a glass of vino and looking up eyelash extension videos on YouTube! Am I sad? Probably! Do other lashers understand? Ab-so-lutely!

Sooo, Anyways........ I've just watched this Japanese vid where the technician seems to put what looks like cling film on to isolate the bottom lashes! Purely for the purposes of research I have just tried it and it seems to be a stroke of genius! It is really flexible so you can fit it to the eye shape. It also sticks really well and peels of very easily. It's also so thin that you can't even feel it's there.

Have I stumbled on something fab or have I had too much wine?:eek:LOL

Anyone tried it or got any comments?...

Elaine x

Ooooh thanks for sharing, sounds very interesting.

Can you post the link? I'd love to watch it.

Lol @ watching youtube vids on EE's. I do it to :lol: Im lash obsessed

Now thats given me a good idea for tinting as well,,,,,sounds far better than the sheilds....hmmm

Elliebee thats brilliant, my only query would be that I usually swipe the false lash over the natural lash 3 times then dab off the excess on the eye pad, now if I was using clingfilm I wouldnt be able to get rid of the excess.

How on earth did you try it out, on one of the boys? I am giggling to myself at you with your glass of wine and clingfilm under your eyes :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Take care sweetie and pour a glass for me xx

Blinkin Gorgeous xxxxx

PS elliebee, I will def be trying it with my next "friendly" client hee hee, many be getting the clingfilm out myself.

Oh and I ab-so-lutely understand trawling through the Youtube EE vids - are you sure we werent seperated at birth!!!!! :hug:

Ha Claudia!
No, boys are away tonight - hence the vino and YouTube! LOL
I tried it on myself!

I don't "swipe" the excess on the pads, I do it on my Jade stone so that won't be a prob.

Like you, I have my "Friendly" clients who I will try it on. Think I'll use the gel pad too as it is a nice treatment for the client. However, my plan is to place it slightly lower down which may help those clients who don't react too well to having the gel near their eyes.

It would hopefully give them best of both worlds - gel pad for the lovely anti ageing treatment but the cling film to serve the practical purpose of holding the lower lashes out the way without the "ouch" factor of removing tape etc.

Watch this space....
xx

Hi Ladies

It's not essential to 'stick' down the bottom lashes ... as long as there is a barrier between the top and bottom lashes for application. Cling film does work but only if the client stays absolutely still and doesn't chat through the treatment!

Hope that helps!

Francesca

LASH by Francesca

I recently met another eyelash tech, who was getting her eyelashes done before actually deciding to do a course. Anyway, the lady who did her lashes was using cling film, she was so uncomfortable that she felt like someone was gauging her eyes out. The tech would put the cling film so high that it would be touching her eye constantly and she kept on moving it up every 15 minutes as it did not stay on well (she did not chat). So she was asking her to open eyes every 15 minutes and often when she would open eyes, the cling film would be stuck to her top lashes and she could not get it off easily. Also when she would work she would constantly poke her with tweezers as cling film does not provide a barrier where you can support tweezers. Anyway, she knew that they should not be done like that and looked for another tech. From what I heard from her I would not use cling film - it seems unprofessional.

Thanks Priory, that's really useful feedback.

Don't think I'll try it now but it was good to watch the video (and listen to the commentary)!

ok, just grabbed one of my kids and tried this: observations:

the cling film moves if she prattles on ........

so tried a light smear of petroleum jelly to the area below the lower lashes and that worked well.

also a bit of micropore either end workd a treat and helps to stretch the cling film.

oh i knew having all those kids would come in handy one day!!

"airdry before the operation!" I love her english! 20 minutes for the treatment???? She is fast! Thanks for posting the video I'll have to try this out! :hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back