Efiles..pros and cons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
Hi all I am booked on mt efile training next week with julia moran at cnd+manchester and can not wait.

MY question is what did you all find the best thing about an efile than trad file,,how did it change your technique? if it did, did it bring your time down? did it help with certain clients?

I am assuming it will help me rebalance my own nails better haha, also I would think I wont use it for new sets only for rebalances, but not for finishing?? am I right,,will it save me money,,will I still buy my beloved hot shots?? ohhhh loadsa questions:lol: I am so excited xx

There are certain jobs for which I would never go back to using a traditional file.

The first is debulking for a French Rebalance.
The second is if I have to remove any lifting at the sidewalls of the nails -- it is superb for this -- nothing worse than using a hand file to remove lifting from the sidewall area!

I don't think there are any cons to using an efile if you know how to use it.

I am definately going to get the efile from s2... I wanted it anyway, but even more so now it looks like I may have carpal tunnel syndrome... ( Yet to be confirmed by the doc though )
I have already had to cancel clients as my hands just won't work... so achey, like by tonight I probably wont be able to type !

I am imagining the efile would help tonnes with this, As my hands don't ache as much if I have been doing shellac or Gelish or polish applications, but after a rebalance omg do they ache, but like all night long !

The other day after a pretty busy day at work, I almost had to pull over as driving home was proving difficult.

Do you all find it helped ease any technician aches and pains you were getting using an efile compared to a hand file ?

My mind is already made up that I want one, I think I may have to do the next course though.
Let me know how you get On Katie... you are gunna LOVE it though, I can imagine your head busting with excitement and questions lol
Gutted I can't do this one with you :cry:

Just phoned Julia and now have a figure in my head to work towards for the next course ... The Emmsy Efile plight is ON ..... LOL.

Last edited:
I think efiles create more RSI, carpel tunnel etc.

With a handfile you have more freedom of movement, whereas with an efile your movement is more restricted (therefore more repetitive)

Latest posts

Back