Electrolysis training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautific

Reaction score
Hi, I am sorry if this is in the wrong place so mods please move if need be :confused:
I have my nvq level 2 in beauty therapy and have done additional shorter courses to add to my treatment list, however I have been asked if I do electrolysis lately by a fair number of clients but only seem to be able to do this as part of the nvq level 3?
Does anyone know if this is the case or can I pay a reasonable ammount to do it seperately?
The cost of level 3 part time is approx £700 where according to the sterex site they charge £1950 plus vat!!! surely this cannot be right?

Does anyone know if this is the case or can I pay a reasonable ammount to do it seperately?
The cost of level 3 part time is approx £700 where according to the sterex site they charge £1950 plus vat!!! surely this cannot be right?

Hi,

I did my Electrolysis Training separately at our local college along with the rest of the Level 3 students. Its was a 3 month course cost about £300.

Think majority of colleges offer this option.

Hope this helps

:lol:

I did the cibtac electrical and blend epilation course which would have been a year long but I was given accreditation because I'm a nurse. It cost me, in total, about 8k to get set up, taking into consideration the apilus machine, the council licences, the insurance, the training, the exams, and the lost revenue from taking a day out a week for 6 months.

The Sterex course will cost a lot more because it is private. It is worth finding out about the college course as over a year hopefully you will get to see lots of clients, which really is essential with this subject. However Sterex is a good private option for a fast track but plenty of outside practise will be required.:biggrin:

I agree entirely with Essentia, over the duration of a college course you will get to see lots of clients, which is absolutely essential to proficiency. I did mine over two years as part of my HND, having done a year previous on my ND, and it definitely took a year of regular electrolysis to get accuracy and speed. I was then lucky enough to have a pre-op transsexual as one of my first clients, which really helped to further hone my skills.

Latest posts

Back