Emigration - Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittensgotclaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have been thinking obout emigrating to Australia, i was wondering if anyone else has done this or emigrated else where i'd love to hear about it, how long did it initally take from the moment you decided to go to when you stepped of the plane?
Thanks guys, :hug:
Jo.xxx

Hey Jo, whaddaya mean bogging off to Oz!

We have thought about going to New Zealand, I looked at it earleir this year.
My friends have just emmigrated to the USA (Texas) it took them around 5/6 months in all. Her hubby worked for a company who needed him to go there & as he already had the job offer, I guess it was a little easier for them.
Have you checked this site out?
Emigrating To Australia

You'd stand more chance than us, as we are old crinklies!

It's a big move though hun!

Hey Jo, whaddaya mean bogging off to Oz!

We have thought about going to New Zealand, I looked at it earleir this year.
My friends have just emmigrated to the USA (Texas) it took them around 5/6 months in all. Her hubby worked for a company who needed him to go there & as he already had the job offer, I guess it was a little easier for them.
Have you checked this site out?
Emigrating To Australia

You'd stand more chance than us, as we are old crinklies! Thanks for the link by the way, your a star!!

It's a big move though hun!

Old crinklies!!! lol No your not!!!
Yes we wanna move to Oz we are gonna be saving and hopefully in the nxt 2 yrs be able to move, we are keeping our options open though as Canada looks lovely too!!

Last edited:
I just wanted to that the kids and I emigrated (ie. went through the whole process for permanent residency) to NZ last year. From application to the day we landed was two months. (DH was already a NZ permanent resident). The people at immigration NZ were fab and nice (after living in the US and going through the process to get DH his green card....I was floored, absolutely different process and attitude).

Check that link you received and I think you'll find that it isn't the hassle you think it might be (LOL)

Why not NZ? :-( NZ rocks!

Peace
Nancy

I just wanted to that the kids and I emigrated (ie. went through the whole process for permanent residency) to NZ last year. From application to the day we landed was two months. (DH was already a NZ permanent resident). The people at immigration NZ were fab and nice (after living in the US and going through the process to get DH his green card....I was floored, absolutely different process and attitude).

Check that link you received and I think you'll find that it isn't the hassle you think it might be (LOL)

Why not NZ? :-( NZ rocks!

Peace
Nancy

I dunno, NZ looks lovely but there is not much work there for what my partner does, Oz and Canada are the best options so far,
That was quick then i hope we can get through the process quickly, it'l be so much easier then
:hug:

Latest posts

Back