Employee problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturalb78

Reaction score
I Have a therapist who has worked with us for 9 months and has still not built up a clientele she is fairly good at her treatments but has no personality and very quiet and so think this maybe the reason she's not built up a clientele ? I've tried to talk to her and explain she needs to interact more with clients but still no joy any advice would be really grateful Thankyou

Ask yourself if you have given her all the possible support you can, after all you must have see some potential in her to allow her to pass her probation period. Have you encouraged enough clients to use her?, have you done enough role play to show her how you expect your clients to be spoken to cared for?, have you set her goal and targets in her reviews?, does she know exactly what is required of her?. She now needs a meeting with you to discuss that you are not happy with her performance and to explain everything you are going to put in place, such as various customer focused and sales goals. Give her a daily or weekly meeting to clearly lay out the sales she has to meet that day and any other objectives you have set.

Give her a time span in which she has to meet all this, such as three months, then if she achieves non of the objectives set, begin a disciplinary procedure.

Sadly, I'd be looking at letting her go now after 9 months with no improvement.

Skills and technique can be taught but having a cheery personality is something you tend to be born with and is essential in salon work plus it's one of the biggest factors that keeps customers returning.

I have to agree. There are some things that can't be taught. I had a staff member like this. Practically very good but no conversation skills whatsoever. My latest member of staff is bright bubbly warm and chatty but knows when to shut up. When she started, her skills weren't the best but I could see her potential and she has become a massive asset. I'm afraid I probably would have let her go before now.

With my previous member of staff, clients reported back that their treatment was like pulling teeth - not the kind of feedback you want! She left on her own accord.

Good luck

Vic x

Thankyou for your advice girls think your right going to have to let her go which is the hardest part ! I'm not good at the whole confrontation thing [emoji51]

How old is your therapist?

Ah I thought maybe she was younger hence the quietness or lack of conversational skills. Well at 23 and in a job where people skills & customer service is needed it's a tough one if she isn't performing in this area and hasn't learnt or picked up how to - I'd look at putting her on review and explain it could mean her being let go if she doesn't improve as it can mean she isnt suitable for the job X

Latest posts

Back