Engagement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

My boyfriend has asked me to look around and see if I can find a ring :green:
He want's me to show him some ideas. I wondered if you girls had any good recommendations or website links as I really wanted something a bit different.
We only have a £250 max budget so going to hopefully find something special.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice xx

Thanks very much, it's not a massive budget but we are new into our home so learning to deal with bills too ;)

I'm sure some more Geeks can point me in the sparkly direction, what about changing the subject a bit and telling me:

Where you got yours from?
Did you pick it or was it picked by your other half?
Any funny stories with proposals?

Hmmmm well i was truly spoiled!

My hubby got a bonus just after we decided to get married and shelled out £5000 on my diamond ring. I will wear it every second of every day till the day i die! It's the most expensive thing i own, The saying 'fur coat and no knickers' comes to mind :lol:.

I was too impatient to wait for him to plan a fancy ring giving thing so i got it in a brewers fayre car park and made him look away so he wouldn't see if i hated it!

Why not get a ring with a white sapphire (they look like diamonds except a cool blue tinge) It will be cheaper than a diamond ring but still a gem stone. I was just in Sri Lanka and there was lovely ones all under £100 never mind £250.

xxx

Wow you were spoiled :lol: Something to keep forever! I'm happy that he is considering the thought so the ring is just a bonus, I have seen some pretty ones for under £200 I just hope he see's them too.
I like to hear about peoples proposals, makes you feel all goey :lol:

Try H Samuel they are not to expensive and have a wide range of engagement rings, I was also lucky my husband earns a good salary and he forked out quite a fortune for my engagement ring, but then all my jewellry he has bought me is, I am just a very lucky person to have him want to spend so much on me.:) Hope you find something special.

Also argos do a range of engagement rings that are also not to expensive

Thanks I was hoping to avoid Argos and Samuals just because I wanted something a little different. I might look around the boutique places and little shops. I had a look on the Ernest Jones website and they have some reasonable pretty little rings on there.

How did he propose? :)

I kept dropping hints about the type of ring I wanted but it just fell on deaf ears as my hubs wanted to be romantic and surprise me. (Wrong move - I hate surprises) Well, he planned a romantic weekend away in the cotswolds - I knew that it was going to happen as I'd been snooping and seen in his cheque book stub that he'd written out a cheque to our friend(a jeweller). I was quite nervous as I thought he'd have no idea about what I'd really like! When we arrived at the hotel my hubs managed to reverse the car over his weekend bag! Not a good start - the ring was in the bag! I didn't know that at the time though!

Well we had a lovely romantic meal and went back to our room and he'd arranged a bottle of pink champagne - my favourite. He kept mooching around and was all nervous, when he finally got round to popping the question he burst into tears and was trying to shove this ring onto the wrong hand - bless him!

The ring was worse than expected, lovely princess cut diamond solitaire, (could have been a cluster after the car incident!) but not my taste of setting, but he did say straight away that our friend could change the setting if I didn't like it - thank God.

9 years, 2 kids and 4 settings later I still don't like it and am saving up to have it changed again! I haven't worn it for years.

I'm just hoping he doesn't try to surprise me with an eternity ring on our 10th Anniversary! lol

Have you thought about getting a secong hand ring - you get more for your money that way.

Good luck and make sure you're completely happy with the one you choose (ring and man!!)

Jayne x

Why not make your own? Could work out cheaper....

Ask everyone you know to give you an old gold jewellery the don't want and have it melted down and made as unique as you like....

That's a great story Jayne, made me chuckle and bless your husband for getting teary :lol:
I think sometimes there is such a build up that things like that happen but at least you will never forget it.
My bf is def up to something but no amount of snooping is helpin me out :lol:

Why not make your own? Could work out cheaper....

Ask everyone you know to give you an old gold jewellery the don't want and have it melted down and made as unique as you like....

Hadn't considered that, although I'm not sure he will want to as he wants it a suprise really bless him :)
That's a fab idea tho, might consider that later on x

Well first off hun, early congrats, you got your man..:hug::hug:
My Bob apparently bought my engagement ring for my birthday last year,July, he also bought me a gorgeous set of diamond earrings, when I opened the earring I said how lovely they were and how worried I was cause I thought they were a ring and we both laughed. September 2st is his birthday, we were in Lanzarote, first time abroad for me in 20 odd years, I had got him his prezzie and cards which I brought from home, as we were going out for the evening all dolled up for the night, he sat me down looked me in the eye, and said from day one I knew what I wanted and I don't want to scare you but I want you to wear this. The dozy bugger gave me my beautiful ring, made me cry mascara running and everything..then took me for a romantic meal in the harbor, were going back on the 1st Sept for his b/day n our anniversary.
The ring was from Samuel's part of a unique collection apparently, I daren t ask the price x
It doesn't matter the cost its what it means and the feeling behind it, but take your time in choosing you will be wearing it an awfully long time darling ...xxxxxx:hug:

What about QVC? They have some lovely jewellery.

Congrats doll :hug:

There was no romance behind mine i dont think...well cant remember it if there were. I was the one who suggested that we should get married (we were still very young then) and i chose my ring from Samuals for £90...we didnt get married until 5 years after and that was only because he joined the army so we had to for me & kids to go too. I dont think we would be married now if it were'nt for that reason, still together but not married.....in my personal opinion (yet i love him too bits and couldnt be without him ever) but i got better things to spend my money on pmsl x

Well he not actually asked yet but will keep you informed hehe :green:

Try Compton and woodhouse Compton and Woodhouse they have some gorgeous rings, my fiance got my engagement ring from there and my diamond eternity ring they have a great selection for all budgets.

xx

Thanks to you all for your help :) I have shown him lots of ideas thanks to you girls so now it's pretty much down to him.

Would still love to hear about some proposals, makes my day at work seem less glum :lol:

Latest posts

Back