Engagement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine was a tad un-romantic!!!

Having been going out with my boyfriend for 3 weeks, we were at his cousins house in Beckton. I went into the kitchen during the evening to get another glass of vino and he followed me in - pinned me up the freezer and said " I'm going to marry you you know!"
I said, "Well, you got to ask me first!"
So, he got down on one knee there and then in the kitchen and proposed!:lol:
I said yes of course - that was in the April, we got engaged on my birthday in the June. I chose the ring from the best jeweller in town - an 18ct oval emerald and diamond cluster ring, which is very pretty. It cost him £1000 back then. I never tire of looking at it.
We married a year to the day we met. We have now been happily married 18 1/2 years & have 2 kids, one 14 & one 13.

Wow, another great story. He obviously knew you were going to be his forever. The ring sounds lush too! You may think its un-romantic but you wont ever forget it x

I got engaged 4 weeks ago and we are in the same position as you ~ we have just bought our house so don't have a lot of spare money. Apparently my fiance had the ring all made up months ago. He got the diamond from his nan's engagement ring and had the band made up for me from his local jewellers. he got the size from my nans engagement ring.

Anyway, we went to Marbella for a long weekend. He kept saying to me "we must go to a really nice restaurant when we are away" so on the Friday we went to a really nice restaurant ~ no proposal though! At that point I gave up thinking it would be that weekend ~ I've been waiting 7 years already but still had no idea he was going to ask me that weekend!! So the next day, we went to the beach, I went for a paddle in the sea, came back, laid on my front and started to read my book. He then asked if I would like some suncream on my back to which I replied "once I've dried off" so he told me that when I'm ready to sit on the end of his bed. (I tried waiting to see if he would come and rub it in my back whilst I was laying there but no such luck!) So I sit on the end of his bed after a couple of minutes and he starts to rub the suncream in slowly and in small little circles. Now normally he would be slapping the stuff on, not wanting to be putting it on in the first place. So I turn round and ask what he's doing but he tells me "nothing" all innocently. Again, he carries on rubbing the cream in all slowly in small little circles by which time I think he's gone a bit mad so I turn around again, asking "What are you doing??" again, he said "nothing" all innocently so I turn back round and in front of me is this beautiful solitare diamond ring!!!! Me being me said "Whats that???" and he said "What do you think? Will you marry me?" I couldn't believe it! BUT the first thing I said was "But you haven't got down on one knee!" so he did and I said "Of course I will!"

I'm still on cloud 9!! I can't believe we are getting married ~ I love him to bits! xx

I got engaged 4 weeks ago and we are in the same position as you ~ we have just bought our house so don't have a lot of spare money. Apparently my fiance had the ring all made up months ago. He got the diamond from his nan's engagement ring and had the band made up for me from his local jewellers. he got the size from my nans engagement ring.

Anyway, we went to Marbella for a long weekend. He kept saying to me "we must go to a really nice restaurant when we are away" so on the Friday we went to a really nice restaurant ~ no proposal though! At that point I gave up thinking it would be that weekend ~ I've been waiting 7 years already but still had no idea he was going to ask me that weekend!! So the next day, we went to the beach, I went for a paddle in the sea, came back, laid on my front and started to read my book. He then asked if I would like some suncream on my back to which I replied "once I've dried off" so he told me that when I'm ready to sit on the end of his bed. (I tried waiting to see if he would come and rub it in my back whilst I was laying there but no such luck!) So I sit on the end of his bed after a couple of minutes and he starts to rub the suncream in slowly and in small little circles. Now normally he would be slapping the stuff on, not wanting to be putting it on in the first place. So I turn round and ask what he's doing but he tells me "nothing" all innocently. Again, he carries on rubbing the cream in all slowly in small little circles by which time I think he's gone a bit mad so I turn around again, asking "What are you doing??" again, he said "nothing" all innocently so I turn back round and in front of me is this beautiful solitare diamond ring!!!! Me being me said "Whats that???" and he said "What do you think? Will you marry me?" I couldn't believe it! BUT the first thing I said was "But you haven't got down on one knee!" so he did and I said "Of course I will!"

I'm still on cloud 9!! I can't believe we are getting married ~ I love him to bits! xx

Ohh bless what a lovely proposal! :green:

Thank you ~ I've got a good one I must say! xx

Aaah yeah that's a really sweet one. Was worth the wait in the end then hun! x

I'm a bit late, but congratulations!

With your budget, maybe it'd be worth considering going for a Swarovski crystal rather than a diamond? They're beautiful and strong and crystal clear no matter what "grade," etc. Also, you don't have to worry about the ethics with which they were procured, as you might with diamond. It's just another option I'd thought I'd mention; no judgment calls here, as I have diamonds on my hands and ears everyday... Although I wish I'd have known about that stuff when I got engaged. :green:

I met my husband when I was studying in London for a semester. I'd stayed past my visa to be with him and was worried about being barred from re-entry nd deportation and all that... We were in bed and I mentioned it and he said, "Don't worry about that. I'd marry you before they deported you." I thought about it and asked a day or two later, as we were getting ready for bed, if he was serious, cuz I'd say yes. Then he asked me to marry him. Not very romantic, but it still felt nice. :green: We got married eight months after we met and it's been lovelyyyy. Hard at times, but I wouldn't change it for anything!

It sounds romantic to me, sometimes it's the simpler things that make it special.

I have been informed he is popping out this weekend so who knows :lol:

My man proposed to me 1 year after we first started dating on my birthday, the day started with him making me breakfast in bed and giving me the most massive bouquet of flowers and my birthday presents, then we just chilled for the day watching films etc and in the evening he took me out for the most romantic meal in a little italian on the seafront here, then we walked back to the car and he asked me to look in the boot where a huge bouquet of red roses were and he then drove me to canary wharf along the thames with all the lights from the buildings reflecting on the water and I knew something was wrong as he was so so quiet and kept going to say something and then not this went on for about an hour lol. He eventually got down on one knee and presented me with the most beautiful engagment ring, I said yes of course and haven't looked back since, to mark the anniversary of him proposing this year on my birthday he presented me with a stunning diamond eternity ring which has inscribed on the inside never ending love of course i cried again lol.

Just to let you all know, He Proposed!!

Sunday evening on the seafront, strolling along and he stopped got down on one knee and produced a beautiful ring. I was so suprised I couldn't speak at first but eventually managed a yes and now I'm mega smiley!!
:green::green::green::green:

Just to let you all know, He Proposed!!

Sunday evening on the seafront, strolling along and he stopped got down on one knee and produced a beautiful ring. I was so suprised I couldn't speak at first but eventually managed a yes and now I'm mega smiley!!
:green::green::green::green:

Fantastic hun!
Many congratulations:hug::lol:

Congratulations!! :hug:

Am I the only one who wants to know what the ring is like now? :lol:

No you're not the only one! We want pictures!!

Congratulations, Dollbird, enjoy the feeling. Long may it last! :hug:

DONT DO IT !!!!!

Only joking...how romantic ...huge congrats xx

Thanks Girls, the ring is whie gold with a diamond cluster in the middle then diamonds down the side. Ultra Sparkly! :green: I will get some pictures when I can. Thanks for all your kind words xx

6119425.jpg

This is my sparkler geeks, sorry it took a while xx

I'm sure some more Geeks can point me in the sparkly direction, what about changing the subject a bit and telling me:

Where you got yours from?
Did you pick it or was it picked by your other half?
Any funny stories with proposals?

My partner only spent about £250 on my ring, he got it from Ernest Jones. Its not the biggest thing, but if i had something big on my finger it would look abit funny on me. i love what i have, i feel its not about how much it costs or how big it is, its from the person who you love and its a sign of there love for you. I didnt pick mine, he did and was worried that i wouldnt like it, but i did. i proposed to him, but he wouldnt accept the ring i got for him until he had got me one, so when he did he the asked me.

Ring looks Gorg hun, and congratulations. have you set the date yet? xx

Thanks very much, I am a very lucky girl!

We are hoping to marry next August, it's all very new to me so right now we are just gathering info on places to get married.

Luv your ring

Latest posts

Back