Enhancements and the nail plate/layers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Spa

Reaction score
HI

I ran into someone this weekend that was talking about acrylic nails, the removal of, etc..

She had told me the last time she had her acrylic nails removed the tech removed them with acetone nail polish remover, but she noticed that there were layers of th actual nail plate removed. I have never seen this so I could not tell her if the nail plate was damaged or if the nail (an appendage of the skin-waste) would grow back? I know it grows back but if it would grow back with flaws or damage....?

Have any of you used Acetone Polish remover, did it work succesfully?

What do you use to clean your brushed the same??? Or what product can you suggest?

When removing the gel or acrylic nails, whats removal procedure do you take and what products...

Education is knowledge and power, something NO ONE can take away for you!!!!

Thank you in advance for your time~

I have used the nail polish remover method when i ran out of product remover on a mobile call and not expecting to soak off(taught me to never get caught out).

I have never heard of it taking of the layers of the nail plate, unless they were scraping them off with a sharp implement to help with the removel. Personally i wrap mine in coton wool and product remover wrap in tinfoil and leave to soak off while dealing with the other nails, i ocasionally will use a birchwood stick to see if all the product is ready to come off and if not wrap them back up.

As to my brush i use Retention + so always clean my brush in this monomer then lay in paper in my brush box.

HTH

scattyfox said:
I have used the nail polish remover method when i ran out of product remover on a mobile call and not expecting to soak off(taught me to never get caught out).

I have never heard of it taking of the layers of the nail plate, unless they were scraping them off with a sharp implement to help with the removel. Personally i wrap mine in coton wool and product remover wrap in tinfoil and leave to soak off while dealing with the other nails, i ocasionally will use a birchwood stick to see if all the product is ready to come off and if not wrap them back up.
Scattyfox how long does it take to soak off with the tin foil method?

Louisa x

Mobile Spa said:
HI

What do you use to clean your brushed the same??? Or what product can you suggest?

Hi mobilespa............I dont know what products you are using.........but Creative Nail Design brushes should never be cleaned with acetone or acetone polish remover, or any kind of brush cleaner for that matter......Cnd brushes should only ever be in the CND monomer that the tech uses with that particular brush.
I am sure other companies advise the same.......Which system and companies products do you use, there is no information on your profile?

It takes 15/20 min with L&P and 10 min for fibreglass, normally get on with the other nails removing cuticle etc while they a e soaking, so saves me a bit of time really.

HTH

izzidoll said:
Mobile Spa said:
HI

Hi mobilespa............I dont know what products you are using.........but Creative Nail Design brushes should never be cleaned with acetone or acetone polish remover, or any kind of brush cleaner for that matter......Cnd brushes should only ever be in the CND monomer that the tech uses with that particular brush.
I am sure other companies advise the same.......Which system and companies products do you use, there is no information on your profile?

Mobile Spa has already posted a thread asking how to clean your brush and Ruth answered........ I think this is another case of someone offering to do people's nails without ANY training :rolleyes:

plaoh said:
izzidoll said:
Mobile Spa has already posted a thread asking how to clean your brush and Ruth answered........ I think this is another case of someone offering to do people's nails without ANY training :rolleyes:
I am sorry to advise you but you are wrong! I want to know how many techs are using this method as I have never heard of this until now.
I have been in the aesthetics business/lisensed for 14 years and in the business much longer. And you?? Let me advise you there is more than 1 way to take acrylic out of brushes......... and I thought it would be good to post. Have a great day!

Hi Mobile Spa

Don't get offended by the replies! Your questions do seem to be a little unusual for an experienced nail technician. With no info in your profile it could be difficult to understand why you are asking the questions.

A solvent is the way to remove artificial nails that can be soaked off. Acetone is the fastest and most efficient although there are many products that use a mixture of ingredients.

Out of interest, what do you mean by 'an appendage of the skin-waste' when referring to a nail?

Latest posts

Back