Enhancements cause weak nails......NOT!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
Now then, now then :lol: before you shoot me:lol: I read this on a link which Emmsybabe provided!

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/49180-nail-anatomy-diagrams-plus-more.html

MissNailPro

From what it says the info (some of it at least ) can be credited to Doug Schoon.

So when your client starts ranting that you have damaged their nails the answer is there for you in black and white - well red and white actually :lol:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]A nail’s strength and thickness is determined by the matrix. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]When the nails are SAFELY covered by artificial product, they are preserved and protected. Enhancement products do NOT damage the natural nail- it is the process of "preparing the natural nail" (many times called PREP), for enhancement application that IF performed incorrectly will damage the natural nail. To properly prepare a natural nail for enhancement application all is required is a light buffing of the surface- with a 240 grit buffer to remove the shine. The surface shine of the natural nail is caused by moisture and oil. Buffing the surface lightly removes the surface shine- and does not damage the nail plate or weaken the nail. When artificial product is removed, the nail bed may appear 'weaker' but it is actually more flexible- as the moisture/oil content of the nail plate may be higher than normal (as a result of the enhancement coating). Within a few hours, the moisture/oil balance will become normal and the nail will regain it's original condition. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]If your nails have been damaged (over filed / buffed), it is caused by your nail professional! - NOT the enhancement product. It will take three to six months for the damage to grow out.[/FONT]

ooooh snuggs you scared me then when i saw my name :Scared:

Think i`ll print this off for any future disagreements!!!! xx

ooooh snuggs you scared me then when i saw my name :Scared:
Sorry Emmsy :hug: :lol: couldn't take all the credit though, when you provided the link in the first place :hug:

Think i`ll print this off for any future disagreements!!!! xx
This is what I thought - sometimes you feel flumoxed by people when they say "it's the enhancement/nail tech" so it is good to know that there is a reason why they may appear weaker!

this is a brill thread well done hun x

perhaps we should forward that to sian reeves and the production crew at This morning ! lmao

And lets not forget the damage that the clients themselves cause by biting / picking the enhancement off and previous visits to the nss

OOH Debbie I am making a poster of this :) XXOO

I'd print this off myself but I've run out of ink!!!!!!!!!:irked:

On my priority list next to my price lists!
Thanks, matey!

lol yes when i first saw my name , i thought OMG what have i done wrong lol :green:

Now im feeling all chuffed and swotty :green:
thankyou snuggles lol ,
oh and i think i will get this printed off too ,
and staple it to my flyers when i get them done lol

Being a bit cheeky here - just bumping this up :lol:

Latest posts

Back