Enhancements on Children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSINAILS

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Would I put enchancements on a child hell noooooooo I think they grow up so quickly that they want to try everything that use adults do but I still think 16 should be the minium age .

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/36288-dilemma-nails-under-16s.html

I posted a thread along the same lines a while back... the poll results showed that the majority (64%) wouldn't do enhancements on children of 13 yrs and under.

As a business owner you have to think that they're going to go somewhere to get their nails done so why not come to you?

However, it all comes down to personal ethics IMO and I'm still erring on the side of "NO, I wouldn't".

Hi,
NO to nails on a child. I would do them on 14 - 15 year old if for a wedding or similar, BUT only with parents signature.
Some of the Prom Girlies are only 15 years , so again for them I would ask for parents consent.
Tanning again if under 16 then parents consent would be needed. But again I would not be happy spraying anyone under 14 years.
They have all their lives to be grown up, let kids be kids.
x :hug: x

My partners step sister who is 14 kept on and on at me for ages to do her nails. At first I told her if she stopped biting them I would think about it. She stopped biting them and they grew so nicely so I offered her a french polish, this wasn't good enough and because I refused to put enhancements on her she went to an NSS. Well, I wish I did them now cuz her nails are a complete mess.
Posted via Mobile Device

She stopped biting them and they grew so nicely so I offered her a french polish, this wasn't good enough and because I refused to put enhancements on her she went to an NSS. Well, I wish I did them now cuz her nails are a complete mess.Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent point! :)

I first had my nails done professionally at the age of 16. Previous to this I owed a Rio gel nails system and had tried every acrylic or stick on kit availiable from the high street. Knowing what I do now about nails it horrifies me thinking what damage I could have caused to my natural nails.

I agree that the age limit should be around the 14 mark, and then only with parent consent, but I would rather a 14 yr old came to me and had a set done that wouldn't cause her agony like a at home kit could.

Kelly x

I would do enhancements on a child provided that her parent/guardian signed a waiver.

I would also outline, in writing, do's and don'ts, aftercare - and have parent/guardian sign. If the parents want it I will supply it - but I will cover my butt first!

My partners step sister who is 14 kept on and on at me for ages to do her nails. At first I told her if she stopped biting them I would think about it. She stopped biting them and they grew so nicely so I offered her a french polish, this wasn't good enough and because I refused to put enhancements on her she went to an NSS. Well, I wish I did them now cuz her nails are a complete mess.
Posted via Mobile Device

this is a problem isnt it - when these kids want their nails doing they want them doing now, and it seems that they dont care how or where they get them done.

never mind flower, you wernt to know she would go to the local NSS, maybe next time she asks you, you will do them, to save her nails being trashed again.

we live and learn flower :hug:

This is dreadful! In Ireland, children make their first Holy Communion in Primary 4 so they are 7/8 - they do confirmation at 11. None of the little girls in our school had spray tans, manicures or make-up and they looked lovely - and like CHILDREN!

I was looking at nsurance companies the other day and noticed that with one company, the policy said that nail enhancements should not be applied to children under 14 without parental consent - scary!:eek:

Thanks for all your feedback guys! As usual, it looks like there is no simple answer. Does anyone have a parental consent or waiver form that they could share with the group? That might be helpful.

Latest posts

Back