Enhancements on Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd love to do a drag queen as i have a taste for the flamboyant styles !

DITTO, would love to do a fullset on a drag queen, from what I've seen, they really look after themselves so you know they will take pride in the work you do.

Hi Geeks

Have'nt posted for quite a while now as I'm busy setting up my new salon.

I recently did a full set of sculptured acrylics on a man who had very short nails (he is a nail picker). He works in the tourist industry and wanted his hands to look nice and neat as he meets a lot of people.

I made sure that they looked very natural - zone 1 in natural powder and soft pink for zones 2 and 3. I finished them off quite short and buffed to a soft not high gloss so that no one would guess that they were not his own!

He was very pleased that they looked so real.

I do have regular male clients who have pedicures and manicures as well.

Eva

I have done several men that are guitar players. I also had one regular client when i first started out that was in the process of undergoing a sex change operation.

Hello Amanda,

I made and I keep making enhancements on men, who are guitar players. They usually ask for only three nails or only one thumb.
i had one lovely man who was a folk singer and guitarist. he loved them but unfortunately the looks he was given by salon clients whilst he was having them done, made him decide after 3 visits not to return..and i didnt blame him, i wouldnt return either.

I do nails on a drag queen he has them very long and very bling.
I also do nails on another man a nail bitter he only has his done once a year when he goes on his hols he has short natural look both are great clients and a lot of fun.

Dawnie x

Okay, I was doing really well until I got to this point...what are 'pentacles' and what is a 'mediator'

I suppose, the sound is really important so the tip has to be perfect 'fit for the purpose'

Hello,

Pentacles are symbols like that one.

A mediator is a tool guitarists use to pick the strings. The thumbnail I was asked to sculpt has that shape with a base that was wider than the natural nail, giving an arrow look.

Guitarists really want nails for the purpose, they don't really care about how they look like.

Guitar-shops are selling "hardening kits" with fiberglass and resin. At least 4 layers of fiberglass are required, and the manual tells they have to be applied only onto the tip. The end result is an odd nail with a very thick tip, but the sound it produces is probably ok.

Attachments

• mediator.jpg
    mediator.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 180px-Pentacle.svg.png
    180px-Pentacle.svg.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 23
I have a booking from my 1st male client for next week.
I'm looking forward to it
:D

I have a booking from my 1st male client for next week.
I'm looking forward to it
:D

What does he want doing? I mean, is he a nail biter. drag queen etc...

What does he want doing? I mean, is he a nail biter. drag queen etc...
He wants a full set of L&P as he lives part of his life as a woman.

I have only ever done two men,nno on my brother in law,and a full set on Lee when i first started out.I did them very short,and forgot to tell him i had no product remover :wink2: he had to go working away with them on,and he didn't speak to me for two days lmao !

I do a few cross dressers. They have a variety of nails, pink and white or natural. I have regulars and I have the odd client just wanting a one off set for a night out.
I went into this as a way of bringing more clients in and I thoroughly enjoy it. They`re a joy to have as clients

hiya, i found this thread quite interesting as it has never actually crossed my mind about men getting a set of enhancements! i dont currently do enhancements myself but when i do ill let you know if i get any male customers! x

I do a few cross dressers. They have a variety of nails, pink and white or natural. I have regulars and I have the odd client just wanting a one off set for a night out.
I went into this as a way of bringing more clients in and I thoroughly enjoy it. They`re a joy to have as clients

debs, did you actively market yourself to these clients, in a particular place or publication. or was it word of mouth and recomendation.

debs, did you actively market yourself to these clients, in a particular place or publication. or was it word of mouth and recomendation.

That's a good question.

There was a thread started last week by someone who was in the process of having a gender change (I hope I've termed it correctly). They mentioned the prejudice they'd experienced in the past from nail techs and was looking for somewhere less 'judgmental'

There is obviously a market, but one that's obviously not for all nail techs to branch into.

I do Nails for males and females...gender don't come into it for me.... guitarre players, cross dressers, gender reassignemt, Nailbiters you name, a hand is a hand with nails, so I don't realy question the reason why, I just give them the best of my skills....and they have been the best and sweetest clients any Technician could wish for...It is part of my job to make them feel relaxed and comfortable, just as I would do for a nervous female client....
All my male clients come either through word of mouth or my website.....and I love em all xxxx

A thought just crossed my mind.

Have any of you geeks ever done a full set of nail enhancements on a man (paying customer)?

If so, what were the circumstances:

• Was it for a special event,
  • Was he a drag queen
  • Did he have badly damaged nails
Any repeat male customers?
I do some female impersonator and the occasional fiber repair

I would just love to do a set on a drag queen and i bet he would look after them better than a lot of the female clients do :hug:

I wanted to practise on my hubby when I was still learning at college but he wouldn't let me!!!! :irked: Hehe, I told him I wouldn't paint them it will just loook like he had long nails! But he still said no!

I wanted to practice on my partner but he says no, although I have almost persuaded him to let me practice a pedicure on him!

The guitar player nail is a great idea, I'd like to eventually learn this as I have a few friends who play and could do this for them. Does anyone have any pictures of what the finished nail should look like?

Latest posts

Back