Entity demo day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
Travelled up to Sydney today for an Entity demo day.Must say I was most impressed with the distributor Christine and Viv Simmons our educator.They put on a fab day very organised and educational(and the best part was it was all free!).We got a break down of the line then demos of the Nudite powders and then we got to have a play with the products ourselves.It seems like a very interesting line that I might have to try out but the highlight of my day was seeing Carl(nailzoo) again:green: he was very kind and donated himself as a model and ended up with a very glam tip with overlay:lol:.When I got home my other half asked was it worth the seven hours worth of travel? and I must say yes it was!

Yep, a very good day, the Entity team seem like very nice guys, no pressure, no hard sell.
The product is quite impressive.
Watched the DVD I was given (excellent stuff), scratched myself to bits with my demo nail (needless to say, it's now been shortened):) . I also used one of the sculpture forms we were given ..... gawd they stick well and hold their shape (i'll be buying some of these). The whole day/product has given me food for thought.
I think i'm gonna have to get some Nudite powders to play with.

Your keen going all the way to Sydney for a demo day. Glad it was worth it. Are the Entity forms the ones you can use 2 ways?

Are the Entity forms the ones you can use 2 ways?

I haven't used that one yet, they have 2 types of forms, those 2 way ones look like a very clever idea

I think I might have to have a try of the 2 way ones. Seem like a really good idea.

i'm using entity full time now since doing their very impressive studio training with tom tom and alisha last year in america.

i met the australian distributor when i was there she was a very nice lady.

i love the entity products.

Hello,

I work with entity and I really love it, all the products are of excellent quality, I am really curious and I wonder how it comes? but it seems that in the Uk they do not really know their products, in the Us it's a big thing and on european mainland it's becomming massive.
But when i'm here at the forum, not alot of people speak about entity, and about young nails too.
I really find it a bit weird ( not being disrespectfull, but really wonder why and how????)

The products are so innovative, the forms stick to your fingers like mad ( so once they stick they dont move, untill you remove them, the pencil is to die for and the l&p is just plane good.
Now I don't want to tell you here that this is the best product ever( cause I think everybody has to find that out for themselfs and it's a very personal choice)
If I could give you guy's one tip, than it would be this, if you have the chance to try their products than dont hesitate you will be in for some serious shock, cause they really are exceptionell
Likewise for young nails, for me it's the biggest competition for entity

From a business point of view, I have to say I was let down by the lasting capabilities of Entity products. They just do not last as long as the products I use. I used the product for several months on myself and was frankly disappointed and didn't find anything special about the liquid and powder. Great marketing though.

I have also never had any problems with any of the forms I have ever used sticking, which includes many many different types of forms from many different manufacturers. I didn't know anyone had problems with forms sticking to the client's finger :eek: .

From a business point of view, I have to say I was let down by the lasting capabilities of Entity products. They just do not last as long as the products I use. I used the product for several months on myself and was frankly disappointed and didn't find anything special about the liquid and powder. Great marketing though.

I have also never had any problems with any of the forms I have ever used sticking, which includes many many different types of forms from many different manufacturers. I didn't know anyone had problems with forms sticking to the client's finger :eek: .

I am very sorry to hear about your dissapointment in their products, cause i use them all the time, and I dont have any problems with their lasting capabilities, on the other hand did I try several forms and half of them don't really stick, and yes i will try to answer that one before you, it's all about applying them correctly! true!!, but when your form has a better adhesive it its all the easier, and surely I am not the only one worldwide talking about the good quality of all their products.
And yes I think it's a pitty that on a forum created for nail technicians, their
is not alot of conversation about it, that when you look at forums in the us and mainland europe everybody is speaking about Entity and Young nails.
And yes they have probably some great marketeers, but honest is that their only quality and for the rest they are crap???

I am very sorry to hear about your dissapointment in their products, cause i use them all the time, and I dont have any problems with their lasting capabilities, on the other hand did I try several forms and half of them don't really stick, and yes i will try to answer that one before you, it's all about applying them correctly! true!!, but when your form has a better adhesive it its all the easier, and surely I am not the only one worldwide talking about the good quality of all their products.
And yes I think it's a pitty that on a forum created for nail technicians, their
is not alot of conversation about it, that when you look at forums in the us and mainland europe everybody is speaking about Entity and Young nails.
And yes they have probably some great marketeers, but honest is that their only quality and for the rest they are crap???

I would much rather you posted in a mature and responsible way and DID NOT put words into my mouth. No one but you has mentioned crap.

I simply said I was disappointed to find there was really nothing special about the product .. nothing innovative or different to similar products. The product did not stand up to the lasting qualities of the product I use. Not what I am used to. Nothing new there to make me want to change. Nice packaging though.

I am entitled to my opinion and I gave the products a very good try and had thorough knowledge of the product from Tom B himself who is also a personal friend.

I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else and my opinion is just that. Thank you.

I have to agree, being from the US myself, I do find it a little odd that only a couple of product lines are talked about on this forum. I have tried Creative, and Entity, and YoungNails, and my biggest complaint about Creative is that it seems too "picky" with ratios. If your mix ratio is off at all, then you are in trouble. That was the difference I did like with Entity and Youngnails, and even Vicki Peters. They aren't as ratio-sensitive as Creative seems to be. Plus YoungNails has some AWESOME art acrylic and glitter kits. That's just my humble, newbie nail tech opinion, though. :D

I have to agree, being from the US myself, I do find it a little odd that only a couple of product lines are talked about on this forum. I have tried Creative, and Entity, and YoungNails, and my biggest complaint about Creative is that it seems too "picky" with ratios. If your mix ratio is off at all, then you are in trouble. That was the difference I did like with Entity and Youngnails, and even Vicki Peters. They aren't as ratio-sensitive as Creative seems to be. Plus YoungNails has some AWESOME art acrylic and glitter kits. That's just my humble, newbie nail tech opinion, though. :D

You know, what you say really isn't true. Many many products are talked about and discussed on the site and if you have a good look you will see that. It just is incorrect to say that only 1 or 2 product lines are mentioned by trechnicians. How in your very first post can you make such an uninformed comment.

Every industry has a market share leader. If the enthusiasm on the site relfects the market, then that is hardly surprising is it.

Hi Tamar
I think you wil find that on this forum a large majority of nail techs are English and in England we have our own popular established product companies, maybe the company's that you use have just not made it big over here yet or maybe people have tried them and just prefer something else.

Hello all,

I wasn't able to respond earlier cause I had some trouble connecting to the net.
I just was wondering why people on this forum don't talk much about Entity or Young nails for that matter?
I understand that alot of techs use creative here, and i'm sure it is an excellent product, but likewise for the ones mentioned above.

It seems to me that when you speak here about entity or even Tom H you get alot of negative responses, about the product, about his nails, not ever a single compliment about their quality , I am entitled to have my own opinion to, and really don't have the time to to put words in anybody's mouth, but just standing up for what I believe in.
Cause I really believe in the importancy of a forum like this, but it shouldn't only be about one brand, we should be able to speak about the differences in brand and about their pro and cons!

I've met the two Tom's a while ago, and these two guy's are really great people, they don"t have a any poshness in their body's, I had some great times with Tom H, he stands for what he believes, and I am truely sorry, but I really feel like defending them here.

So I guess case closed and over to something new!

Hello all,

I wasn't able to respond earlier cause I had some trouble connecting to the net.
I just was wondering why people on this forum don't talk much about Entity or Young nails for that matter?
I understand that alot of techs use creative here, and i'm sure it is an excellent product, but likewise for the ones mentioned above.

It seems to me that when you speak here about entity or even Tom H you get alot of negative responses, about the product, about his nails, not ever a single compliment about their quality , I am entitled to have my own opinion to, and really don't have the time to to put words in anybody's mouth, but just standing up for what I believe in.
Cause I really believe in the importancy of a forum like this, but it shouldn't only be about one brand, we should be able to speak about the differences in brand and about their pro and cons!

I've met the two Tom's a while ago, and these two guy's are really great people, they don"t have a any poshness in their body's, I had some great times with Tom H, he stands for what he believes, and I am truely sorry, but I really feel like defending them here.

So I guess case closed and over to something new!

I don't think Tom H needs any defending from you .. his record speaks for itself. As for putting words in my mouth .. you certainly did, and I never used the word crap about anyones products, you did.

AS I SAID ... the discussion on the forums merely reflects the market. People do not talk much about the products you mention because not so many use them which I think is fairly obvious. To those who do, why should they have to defend their choice to you or me or anyone else?

I have known Tom H for 20 years and Tom B is a personal friend and I agree they are great guys. Which really has nothing to do with what this discussion was about in the first place.

I'm so glad you love your product. When you have as good a knowledge of other brands, perhaps you will love them too.

I don't think Tom H needs any defending from you .. his record speaks for itself. As for putting words in my mouth .. you certainly did, and I never used the word crap about anyones products, you did.

AS I SAID ... the discussion on the forums merely reflects the market. People do not talk much about the products you mention because not so many use them which I think is fairly obvious. To those who do, why should they have to defend their choice to you or me or anyone else?

I have known Tom H for 20 years and Tom B is a personal friend and I agree they are great guys. Which really has nothing to do with what this discussion was about in the first place.

I'm so glad you love your product. When you have as good a knowledge of other brands, perhaps you will love them too.

such a pitty .........!

the easiest was to discuss a product is to post about it (or even start your own thread), Creative is the most talked about product in here because many of the peeps have been trained with it, use it and appreciate the effort Creative put into their education/R&D, besides that, they all have a common bond and can relate to each others issues (as they all took a similar path and speak the lingo, it's like belonging to a family).

Many, many products are discussed in here (all you have to do to validate this is type a brand name into the search feature and heaps of posts will come up).

Entity is quite a new product (nothing happens overnight), no matter how much hype. Product is a relationship and trust issue, relationships with a good foundation are hard to break....... I can imagine some just don't like the "Entity Look" (maybe they should start doing more salon/natural looking nails) rather than the comp/super refined NSS look and they could capture a better market. They tend to talk/promote/push competition nails, competition nails, competition nails. I work in a salon and comp nails only interest me a few days of the year.

My bread & butter is creating street wear nails for mainly ordinary everyday women that still do the washing up, still change nappies, still cook and heaven forbid (still do housework) and MANY of them prefer their nails not to be so obviously fake (if you think the Entity promo look looks real you have lost touch with what looks real and what looks fake).

In all reality 99% of my clients would not go for the look Entity is promoting. Maybe Entity will change their approach (it's early days yet), but the look they are promoting at the moment almost "alienates" many with less than perfect nailbeds/slender fingers and stunning hands.

the easiest was to discuss a product is to post about it (or even start your own thread), Creative is the most talked about product in here because many of the peeps have been trained with it, use it and appreciate the effort Creative put into their education/R&D, besides that, they all have a common bond and can relate to each others issues (as they all took a similar path and speak the lingo, it's like belonging to a family).

Many, many products are discussed in here (all you have to do to validate this is type a brand name into the search feature and heaps of posts will come up).

Entity is quite a new product (nothing happens overnight), no matter how much hype. Product is a relationship and trust issue, relationships with a good foundation are hard to break....... I can imagine some just don't like the "Entity Look" (maybe they should start doing more salon/natural looking nails) rather than the comp/super refined NSS look and they could capture a better market. They tend to talk/promote/push competition nails, competition nails, competition nails. I work in a salon and comp nails only interest me a few days of the year.

My bread & butter is creating street wear nails for mainly ordinary everyday women that still do the washing up, still change nappies, still cook and heaven forbid (still do housework) and MANY of them prefer their nails not to be so obviously fake (if you think the Entity promo look looks real you have lost touch with what looks real and what looks fake).

In all reality 99% of my clients would not go for the look Entity is promoting. Maybe Entity will change their approach (it's early days yet), but the look they are promoting at the moment almost "alienates" many with less than perfect nailbeds/slender fingers and stunning hands.

how i miss the rep system...you so deserve one for this Carl...great post and so true.

i think alot of people look at pics of "comp" style nails and "ohh think why don't my nails look like that"....THEY SHOULDNT...not if they are for everyday ladies.

What do you know Carl ??? .. You've only been in the business for over 20 years and made a living out of it not just a cute little hobby!!
You can know it all in less than a year nowadays didn't you know?
I only wish when I started I'd had some of the greats giving me advice on a website like this ... at least I had the humility to listen and learn from my mentors. I STILL do as a matter of fact.

What do you know Carl ??? .. You've only been in the business for over 20 years and made a living out of it not just a cute little hobby!!
You can know it all in less than a year nowadays didn't you know?
I only wish when I started I'd had some of the greats giving me advice on a website like this ... at least I had the humility to listen and learn from my mentors. I STILL do as a matter of fact.

Yes they promote the comp look, but I don't do them at my salon, I am a chiropodist and years ago I used gel, I switched to l&p last year.
It's not just a hobby, i have a good business, people keep booking and coming back.
I make very natural nails, but i don't see what that specific look has to do with the quality of the product?u can make them look whatever you want.
I am a very natural person, and I like the comp look on a comp not in everyday life.and yes I am amazed how Tom H builds a nail, so to alot of other great technicians, even when you look at Tom B, his nails are alot more natural than Tom H are, so same product, same company different styles!
And I am surely not experienced, but I have a mad passion for nails and I am very sure it will get me where I want to be in the future.
And oh I listen and learn, I go all over europe to learn, and i'm sure I will just keep learning my entire live

Latest posts

Back