Epilating Bikini Area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surmaya

Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me!

A few days ago i used my epilator on my bikini after a long time. I have used it on my bikini before but for a year or so I opted for shaving but got really bad ingrown hairs. I decided to use a trimmer instead. Recently, i missed the clean/ hair free feeling so used my elpilator again. This time tho, everywhere the epilator had been, became very red and sore. A day later, only the hair follicles were red (as if you had just epilated). It wasnt painful. Today i noticed that lots of small white puss spots had formed over the follicle. Over the course of the day the puss spots have formed/developed over the entire epilated areas.

I'm really worried as this has never happened before. I put some eurax cream over the areas. A friend said its good for minor skin irritations.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it is or even how to treat it?

Thanks x

hi there, sorry to hear about that, what did you do for aftercare, and what type of underwear did you put on afterwards?

Hi. :)

I used vaseline and put on cotton underwear a few mins afterward. I've done it before without problems. Do you think its got something to do with clogged pores?

yep most certainly, although vaseline acts as a barrier but in this case an anti-bacterial gel or lotion, similar to after wax lotion would have been better.

Oh right. Thanks for your advice. Do you know of any creams like that which I could pick up from a chemist? The area looks really ugly and red. I really hope that there won't be any scaring.

What do you think I should do about the white puss spots?

The thing with these epilators and electric shavers is that you probably didn't clean and sanitise the head that well as they're difficult to do, so you may have a little infection.

Latest posts

Back