Essential Nails - kinda peed off ! any comments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e_lucy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am doing the L&P essential nails course. To cut a long story short I called them to get some more nail trainer tips, some buffers and some files. it came to £35 !!! I only received the kit about 3 weeks ago and I dont think they provide you with half enough buffers, files and tips in the first place. The course cost £397, and they promise that you will never spend anymore than £25 on the small amount of extras you may need - has this happened to anybody else. On a previous post about this one lovely geek said they had sent her more trainer tips for free - whereas I had to pay £15 ... they only give you a 9% discount on the brochure price which I think is pretty rotton. You cant complete their course without the materials you need ...

any ideas or tips - similar experiences ?

You don't need to use their tips, any tips will work - same goes for the buffers and files, they tell you in the book what grit each file they use is. Why not look for cheaper ones at your wholesalers or on ebay! You really must be going some to need new tips and buffers after three weeks - took me that long to open the box :D

I know they send you more practice nails free, but I don't know about tips.

Also, if it actually says you will not spend over £25 on extras for the course, then perhaps you should explain your experience to them and complain direct to them.

I suppose it all depends on how much you practice???? Sounds like you have been busy practicing LOL

As far as files go, well that all depends on how much filing of th eproduct you are doing ie: the lumpier and thicker the enhancement the more filing you will do!!!!!! not saying that this is what you are doing.......shall i dig a hole lol

Maybe shop around for files etc, look at other suppliers!

Keep positive and keep practicing!

Amanda x

I do practise a lot - but as they say practice makes perfect :o

You see they did not offer to send me the practice nails free - maybe i should call them back and explain that ? I have got some tips from ebay that are fab if im honest, i just like the essential buffers and files because its what Gina uses on the video (im not that anal honest... )

Humph .... I dont know ! Im glad someone else has said they provide free training nails tho ... if 2 people say it, it must be right ! :) xx

e_lucy said:
I do practise a lot - but as they say practice makes perfect :o

You see they did not offer to send me the practice nails free - maybe i should call them back and explain that ? I have got some tips from ebay that are fab if im honest, i just like the essential buffers and files because its what Gina uses on the video (im not that anal honest... )

Humph .... I dont know ! Im glad someone else has said they provide free training nails tho ... if 2 people say it, it must be right ! :) xx

Give them a ring.......you wont get if you dont ask!!!!!

Yeah practice does deffo make perfect.......

Amanda x

e_lucy said:
Hi Everyone.

I am doing the L&P essential nails course. To cut a long story short I called them to get some more nail trainer tips, some buffers and some files. it came to £35 !!! I only received the kit about 3 weeks ago and I dont think they provide you with half enough buffers, files and tips in the first place. The course cost £397, and they promise that you will never spend anymore than £25 on the small amount of extras you may need - has this happened to anybody else. On a previous post about this one lovely geek said they had sent her more trainer tips for free - whereas I had to pay £15 ... they only give you a 9% discount on the brochure price which I think is pretty rotton. You cant complete their course without the materials you need ...

Hiya i am doing the gel nails course and i too have found this-i started a month or so ago and i'm on my 2nd replacement box of nail trainer nails and tips-the other members said u should get upto 3 extra packs included in teh course costs but apparently they have changed that recently so u have to pay but at a student rate.
I was horrified when i phoned on monday to order more(the last time i mentioned someone told me on the nail geek u get some free so they gave in and said they wouldn't charge me this time) and they said the pack of nail trainer nails cost £15!!!!!i couldn't believe it!!!But luckily it was a different lady on teh phone and i told her again that someone mentioned it should be free-she confirmed that they changed it after xmas but said she wouldn't charge me this time.
So maybe if u mention the nail geek and all the members that have said they r included in the cost-u may get away with it-or they may change the rules?Its a bit harsh having to pay so much extra.And i tried using cheaper tips and they r just not the same-and i don't wanna lose out on marks because of it so i've just had to bite the bullet.
Hope u get some joy!

I think we are getting mixed up between nail trainer nails (which I know Essential Nails will give you extra packets of for free) and nail tips (which I don't know about).

In the original post you said you needed more tips. If you asked them for tips instead of trainer nails (the pink bit) then maybe they didn't understand what you wanted.

To be honest, i dis this course years ago and i got one pack of tips, one pack of nails for the hand and about 5 files, they never said that the kit would last while i was training and that i could get free tips??????? Unless this is something that has chenged over the last few years??????????

Amanda

I have had both nail trainer tips and nail tips for no charge. But that was before Xmas, so not sure if they have changed it, but like I said, I have got both free. I think it was 3 lots you could get, enough to complete the course I think.

If they have changed the rules since Xmas then I assume that both Carend and e_Lucy both bought their kits after that. Surely they cannot change the rules for anyone that bought the kit before then.

When I did a course with them last year, I thought their tips were awful and used my own.

hi there

I agree with jess124, when i did my course i got about 3 lots of nail trainer tips and nail tips free of charge but u dont get files and buffers for free. This should still be the same but I would ring them and check.

Just to clarify (if ive confuzzled anyone) it was nail trainer tips I asked for (the pink ones) and i was charged £15. Which is 9% off the brochure price. I brought the course after xmas. Maybe they have changed the rules, its a shame because its turning out to be a more expensive route than i expected. I will call and ask anyway, because the amount i get through the trainer tips i will probably need more before i submit my work.

Luc x

glynis said:
If they have changed the rules since Xmas then I assume that both Carend and e_Lucy both bought their kits after that. Surely they cannot change the rules for anyone that bought the kit before then.

When I did a course with them last year, I thought their tips were awful and used my own.

Oh ... I just saw this post .... I also think their tips are awful (as in extensions) I think they are way too thick and discolour in patches. I brought some on ebay - as they recomment 100% virgin plastic and they are miles better. Easier to blend and dont discolour - lets just hope i still pass! :green:

well , i never had any problems with their tips, they are abs virgin tips, maybe they seem a bit thicker, as you are still learning to blend etc,
how do you mean they discoloured?????????

e_lucy said:
Oh ... I just saw this post .... I also think their tips are awful (as in extensions) I think they are way too thick and discolour in patches. I brought some on ebay - as they recomment 100% virgin plastic and they are miles better. Easier to blend and dont discolour - lets just hope i still pass! :green:

Hi,which tips are u using then?and which ebayer did u get them from.
I haven't had any problems with these ones so far apart from the price now!!!
I'm telling the truth honest-at least 2 of the different ladies said they'd recently changed it so u have to pay extra-theres sposed to b details in the pack apparently and i did remember reading something about being able to purchase supplies at a reduced student price-but didn't imagine they'd b that expensive so if u can get good quality tips off ebay maybe i'll get some too.
Shame they don't sell the nail trainer nails in seperate sizes coz i have loads of all of them except the no 13 where i kept getting air bubbles at the beginning and practiced loads to get it right.
But if u do mention that u know that other students were getting them free they may just give them to u......worth a go?.....

e_lucy said:
Hi Everyone.

At the rate you are going it would have been just as cheap and better doing a CND foundation course, as this could end up costing you just as much as that would have....and you dont learn to do white powder french enhancements (P&W) with the EN L&P course!!!

Grrr ... CarenD ... the number 13 nail ... the BAIN of my life ! hee hee !

Thanks for all your comments, I will PM anyone that has asked about the seller i use on ebay. They really are excellent ... she also sells excellent french tips and coloured nail art tips. Ive had a set of the white tips on for 3 weeks now with no discolouration (yellowing) lifting or chipping ! They are nice and strong, no blending and very comfortable. This may be however because myself and my family (on whom i have been practising) have very small nails and fingers, so for the average customer you may find the tips on the small size ... even the 0 and 1.

Hi,

Can you also PM me and let me know who your seller is.

Thanks alot.

e_lucy said:
Hi Everyone.

I found this on the FQA section on the EN website:

Q: What do I do if I run out of any of the products in the course/kit?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: Within your course you will receive tools and enough product to complete the course work required.
But if you would like to purchase anything from our product range you are very welcome, call one of our advisors on 01 440 820 999 or browse our shop at www.essentialnails.com/prodtype.asp
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and order on-line.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You will have received 100 refit nails and extension tips in your course. To complete your course you will need another 300 of each. We supply these to you at no extra cost. As you use up each pack, please phone us on 01440 820 999 and request the extra nails and tips are sent to you.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

So if you purchased the Couse from EN then there should be 300 of each be made available to FOC.....So give them a call, they are a nice bunch and I am sure it will be sorted out for you in no time
HTH
[/FONT][/FONT]

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I found this on the FQA section on the EN website:

So if you purchased the Couse from EN then there should be 300 of each be made available to FOC.....So give them a call, they are a nice bunch and I am sure it will be sorted out for you in no time
HTH[/b][/font][/font]

Wow Ruth thanks for that!!!That is excellent news.
So even if like the ladies said to me they have changed it so u have to pay extra-they can't technically charge u for them unless they edit their website. They are just hoping on the fact that people don't know where they stand?
Thats good news.I will quote this to them when i need my 3rd pack!!!lol
Ur a star!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back