Eve Taylor brush stinks-literally!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink flower

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was just wondering if any Eve Taylor users out there have/use the facial cleansing brush? I really like it i think the concept of it is great and it feels lovely on the skin, but it absolutely stinks!!
Its an overpowering rubber/plasticky smell. Ive only used it once on a client she commented on what a strange smell it was so i havent wanted to use it since which is a shame.
Is it normal do they just stay like this? The smell of it actually makes me feel sick. I appreciate its made out of rubber but surely it shouldnt smell that strongly? Ive washed it and washed it and it just wont go?
Does anyone else have a stinky facial brush?! :lol: xx

The facial cleansing brush is a great product, my clients love them!! It retails well too. It does smell to start with when its brand new but it soon disappears with regular use so I wouldn't worry about using it on your clients. hth x

I've not had a problem with smell, the couple I've had turned out to be a little harder than was I thought would be though.

i have to say mine absolutly STINKs like horse breath...or something!
used it a couple of times and people commented so i left it in a cup for two days with essential oils and a carrier oil and i have to say, its about 85% better already. im sure the rest will fade out. maybe it was just a bad stinky batch.

Hey Gurkhas. Just received mine today. It definitely has a scent but not too bad.

I wanted to ask, how do you cleanse your client with it? I would usually use 2 hands so was thinking 2 brushes might be handy. Alternatively just use the one and work as advised from décolletage upwards and circular.

But would 2 brushes on either side if the face be better? What's your professional routine with it on a client?

Thanks xxx

Oh my! I just realised my predictive text changed girlies to Gurkhas! Ha! Silly iPhone! X

Oh my! I just realised my predictive text changed girlies to Gurkhas! Ha! Silly iPhone! X

Gurkhas! Predictive text can cause some right arguments with people! Ive known it to come up with some right words instead!

Anyway, back to the brush!

You can do it either/or!

As I have a bit of OCD... everything has to be symetrical (crazy I know)
So I use 2 brushes. I do my superficial cleanse manually and then my deep cleanse manually, followed by the same routine but with the brushes.

But I know some people just choose to use 1 brush! Just make it your own!

Latest posts

Back