ExCel...how was it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got there early hoping to beat the crowds - how naive of me - the queue was really long half an hour before the doors opened - ha ha!!

I rushed straight to the Nail Harmony stand with my shopping list and came out with everything I wanted bar the full set of magnetos and just had to buy 4 individual colours instead. Got my new LED lamp for £xxx instead of £xxx (VAT price) as I also had a Harmony T Shirt on which gave me yet another 10% discount. I think they were extremely generous with their discounts (unlike another I won't mention in case I upset anyone).

I've stocked up enough now to probably not have to buy anything more for quite a while - unless I'm tempted to add to my growing colour range again soon.

I made myself leave as soon as I'd finished at the stall but was tempted to go to CND to maybe buy some Solar Oil but when I saw the queue I quickly changed my mind.

I'd left by 10.50am and am quite pleased I didn't linger anymore as not only would it have bankrupted me but I now know the station may have been closed - that must have been horrendous for everyone and my heart goes out to them :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went yesterday and got there about 3 ish I think. Whilst queueing at S2 I really enjoyed watching the Shellac manicures. I was actually a little disappointed when the queue moved and I couldn't watch the screen anymore ;)

I saw Liza, then Mr and Mrs Geek. Everyone looked really pleased to be part of the stand and were really upbeat.

I'm still in Londres until tomorrow and so far I've had a lovely time, apart from enduring the Science museum today.

Got there just before 09.30, gates opened at 10.00, went straight to the Roo stand and bought a trolley and rucksack. They only had a display so was annoyed, they gonna send it to me. bought a hive wax kit which I had to carry around, bought a footsie bath too. I was hoping to be everything in the trolley! Didn't get any savings I don't think! As I got there early it was good to avoid the crowds. By noon onwards it was manic so left by 2pm, not seeing everything as was knackered, and couldn't face going today either!

I got there are 10:30am today, whizzed round to hello to a few geeks, completed my shopping list, and was out of there by 2:00pm.

It was getting pretty crowded by then too, not just in the exhibition halls, but the food and drink stands, the queues for the loo, waiting to collect my coat at the cloakroom etc.

A great day, but my feet were telling me "enough is enough", so at that point I headed for home :D

I must be hard core, went up yesterday afternoon and caught the last 3 1/2 hours, stayed in a hotel and went back in today!!
Spent a small fortune

New shellac colours plus few extra colours
Spent just under £400 on the EveTaylor stand.
Roo Tanzania Trolley
New Hive double digital wax heater
Pro impressions well less tips
Nouvatan Rapid 20%
New nail tools
Load of PR wax
Load of Lash Perfect products.
Couch cover and head bands
bits and bobs

FOR ME....... one of the new myscaras with the fibres :D

I fell in love with the new CACI Ultimate, I really really want one, anyone want to lend me £10k?????

Good day but felt I didnt get any really great deals apart from my Roo trolley which the lovely lady gave me a great discount even though it wasnt at the show and wasnt on discount because I wanted black. She also threw in a few of the inside bags with the dividers that hold polishes - thank you mrs roo!!!!

H x

Last edited:
I got there early hoping to beat the crowds - how naive of me - the queue was really long half an hour before the doors opened - ha ha!!

I rushed straight to the Nail Harmony stand with my shopping list and came out with everything I wanted bar the full set of magnetos and just had to buy 4 individual colours instead. Got my new LED lamp for £xxx instead of £xxx (VAT price) as I also had a Harmony T Shirt on which gave me yet another 10% discount. I think they were extremely generous with their discounts (unlike another I won't mention in case I upset anyone).

I've stocked up enough now to probably not have to buy anything more for quite a while - unless I'm tempted to add to my growing colour range again soon.

I made myself leave as soon as I'd finished at the stall but was tempted to go to CND to maybe buy some Solar Oil but when I saw the queue I quickly changed my mind.

I'd left by 10.50am and am quite pleased I didn't linger anymore as not only would it have bankrupted me but I now know the station may have been closed - that must have been horrendous for everyone and my heart goes out to them :sad:
I know, I can't believe they shut the station with no prior warning!! Me and another girl who had braved excel alone were nearly crying and there wasn't even anyone on duty at the station at all to ask for help. Everyone was asking the excel security staff and they obviously didn't have a clue. Was really angry we had no advance warning. Definitely ended my day on a sour note grrrr xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the DLR and they said they had closed Bank station due to a "suspect package" so we got diverted to Tower Hill and I had to get a Circle line train the Kings Cross. This was about 2.30pm but it wasn't much of a problem. Did they close more stations later on then? I could imagine that wouldn't be fun!!!

I didn't really buy much, got some fake bake lotions. I kept checking the S2 stand to see if the queue had gone down but it hadn't.. So I didn't get the new shellac colours :( does anyone know when they go on general sale?

I got there at like 12ish and left at 2ish.. It was soooooo busy!! I dont think I've ever really seen it that busy!! It's a good day out.. Long but good :)

I was on the DLR and they said they had closed Bank station due to a "suspect package" so we got diverted to Tower Hill and I had to get a Circle line train the Kings Cross. This was about 2.30pm but it wasn't much of a problem. Did they close more stations later on then? I could imagine that wouldn't be fun!!!

I didn't really buy much, got some fake bake lotions. I kept checking the S2 stand to see if the queue had gone down but it hadn't.. So I didn't get the new shellac colours :( does anyone know when they go on general sale?

I got there at like 12ish and left at 2ish.. It was soooooo busy!! I dont think I've ever really seen it that busy!! It's a good day out.. Long but good :)

According to S2's Facebook page, the Shellac colours go on sale tomorrow xx

I think they put them on at midnight tonight online. X

I think they put them on at midnight tonight online. X

cant wait to order new shellac colours! gutted i wasnt there but kinda relieved now reading all about the train situation. dont know what i would have done if the trains werent running. last year i had all the routes printed out so i knew exactly what train i was getting!

I know, I can't believe they shut the station with no prior warning!! Me and another girl who had braved excel alone were nearly crying and there wasn't even anyone on duty at the station at all to ask for help. Everyone was asking the excel security staff and they obviously didn't have a clue. Was really angry we had no advance warning. Definitely ended my day on a sour note grrrr xx

When was this? Which station closed?

I had to get the custom house station to canning town so i could make my way to waterloo and left at 3:45 on Sunday.

I wouldn't have had a clue what to do...especially when you're laden with purchases!

Glad you got home ok xx

I went today. I went straight to the Harmony stand and had to queue for about 20 minutes. Well worth it, got some Magnetos and bits plus the 18g lamp. I had the t shirt on so effectively 30% discount - fantastic.

Wanted a few OPI bits but the queues were too long. I got quite a few bits from NSI (VAT free and they are doing that plus no postage if you ring in an order before Wednesday this week). I got loads of matching polish for Gelicure VAT free on the Nubar stand.

I left S2 till last and didn't queue at all. Shame they don't take Solar Oil to the shows

Originally posted the below on chit-chat but didn't see this so here it is again!!

Just got back. Arrived at 10.30, not too busy so went straight to the S2 stand where there was no queue and got the new colours, then went to Nail Harmony and spent an absolute fortune, new 18G LED light, All 6 Magneto's and a load of colours!! It was really busy in their bit.

Had a good look round and just bought some of the Christian Eyebrow product to try out.

It was fairly busy but not too bad, lots of students today obviously, S2 had a big queue by the time we left and the Minx stand looked like a bit of a bun fight, so gave that a miss today.

All in all, a painless experience (apart from financially) and home by just after 2pm.

Just got to put all the new colours onto nail pops now!!! :cry:

Sorry to hear about the trains, must have been horrendous! :sad:

When was this? Which station closed?

I had to get the custom house station to canning town so i could make my way to waterloo and left at 3:45 on Sunday.

I wouldn't have had a clue what to do...especially when you're laden with purchases!

Glad you got home ok xx

Omg I had the route printed out too so I was flummoxed when I realised it was pointless. I went to the DLR at about 5.30pm and the whole station was roped off with a sign saying closure due to engineering works. The excel security staff were telling people to get a bus to canning town and then get a jubilee line somewhere but they obviously didn't know where the train station actually is at canning town so I could've got a bus (laden with shopping) and not had a friggin clue where I was. I phoned hubby and he had to drive up to excel (over an hour away) to come and rescue me and the other girl did the same. I think it's shocking they just closed it without warning us of engineering works. The traffic was horrendous too and I think it's coz it was the final of "got to dance" nearby. Actually while I waited over an hour for hubby I could've mosied on over and tried to leer at Ashley banjo lol xx

Also I felt there was not enough staff to ask questions to at the stand

I have to say we went today and I don't think S2 could have fitted any more staff in their area, they were also very helpful and althought extremely busy I did not feel rushed when asking my 201 questions, thank you Liza Smith:p

Wow...thanks for all your replies ladies :Love:

I went yesterday (Monday) and got there at 10.30am. It was my first time to Excel and I have to say after all the scare stories on SG about queues and loosing toes to wheelie cases out over excited orange girls etc I was pleasantly surprised - it was fairly civilised, lots of space to walk around, plenty of available staff at stands to ask questions etc, and I was gob smacked as the queue at S2 was only 5 minutes long! (granted it got a lot worse later on).

I got the full shellac kit with 22 colours plus the new 6. The lady that served was really helpful, she threw in a free pack of soft landings, and was very apologetic that they hadn't stocked solar oil at the show. I was rather smug wandering round with my shellac bags after having anticipated a two hour long queue!

I got everything on my list - some new tools, a new tunic, zoya polishes, some glitters, 3 Roo rolls, some brushes, Roo manicure wrap, and Roo we're even selling beauty cases for £30 down from £65!! This wasn't even on my list, but I love a bargain and so I treated myself! I got a snakeskin one, but soon realised I then had to lug the damn thing round with all of my bags! But I must have been stopped 6 times by girls asking me where I got it!

By 2pm it had got a bit manic with people pushing etc, and I agree with an above post, the food hall was a bit crazy - as I left my seat from having a sandwich and a drink a huge fight ensued between a girl and a couple with a baby over my seat! Madness!

I wanted to talk to some of the exhibitors at the holistic end re massage oils, natural facial brands etc but by 2.20pm I was shattered and heavily laden down so I made a head for home. But had a great day!

So sorry for those that found the station closed when they went to leave - that would have totally fried my brain and resulted in melt down on the platform! Hope you all got home ok xxx

I too went yesterday brought the footsie spa, and the new dadi oil! At Harmony i purchased june bride, champagne, exhale and glamour queen to add to my collection. Also a tio, cleanse and harmony soak off. I brought some kooky's as well, nail pillow and manicure bowls.

Did anyone go for the dadi oil? And did anyone do celeb spotting?x

I went straight to S2 too, but only waited about 30 mins. I was a bit disappointed thar they didn't have any discounts other than the deals. Even if they'd knocked a couple of quid off each bottle of Shellac, I'd have been happy!

...but if something is flying off the shelves why discount it? S2 do great deals at the shows I have been to so I think they do their bit for all of us :cool:

Latest posts

Back