ExCel...how was it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect Pinkys

Reaction score
So lovely Geeks...how was the show?

What did you...

See :eek:
Love :Love:
Buy :!:
Learn :cool:

I couldn't go so please enlighten me :D

It was MANIC!!! Omg the pushing, shoving and people running over everyone with their suitcase trolleys lol There were some good deals to be had but I thought S2 was really stingy not cutting the vat and the queues were ridiculous (out of the door at one point) so I gave up with them but did stock up elsewhere on essentials like lint free wipes, tips etc and bought oodles of sparkly glitters.
Disaster coming home though coz they shut the train station!!! Omg everyone was going mad and I had to make an SOS to hubby to pick me up coz I was completely stranded without the train! Came home battered bruised and slightly delirious (prob from seeing David van day there lol) but will prob do it all over again next year hehe xxxxxx

Omg madness!! It was my first year so don't know what I expected really! I was there at 10am when the shutters went up and headed straight for S2 and instantly their queue was 45 mins long!! I did manage to get the new shellac colours (which included free tropix) but agree, would have been nice if they too had gone vat free. Although my best buy was the ten pack of minx for the price of seven - wish I had bought more now!! It was an amazing day though and will definitely be going back next year! xx

Omg madness!! It was my first year so don't know what I expected really! I was there at 10am when the shutters went up and headed straight for S2 and instantly their queue was 45 mins long!! I did manage to get the new shellac colours (which included free tropix) but agree, would have been nice if they too had gone vat free. Although my best buy was the ten pack of minx for the price of seven - wish I had bought more now!! It was an amazing day though and will definitely be going back next year! xx

I went straight to S2 too, but only waited about 30 mins. I was a bit disappointed thar they didn't have any discounts other than the deals. Even if they'd knocked a couple of quid off each bottle of Shellac, I'd have been happy!

I was number 53 at Nail Harmony, got my Candy Land Gelish with 30% off and got some Callus Peel too.

Gave up on S2 as there was such a long queue and I only wanted to get some hand lotion. Am not very patient and decided I would pay the delivery charge!

It was too busy for me, not to keen on rude, orange girls with scary black brows standing 5 abreast blocking my view on everything! It makes it difficult to get anywhere near any stands, didn't get to speak to a few suppliers I wanted to as so busy!

Oh come on ladies- I hardly feel S2 were being stingy or mean by not absorbing the cost of VAT for us or cutting prices- even if other companies did.

I imagine there's an enormous cost for them to even be at the show in the first place.

The fact that queues were round the block waiting for products speaks for itself really- VAT or no VAT :)

Oh come on ladies- I hardly feel S2 were being stingy or mean by not absorbing the cost of VAT for us or cutting prices- even if other companies did.

I imagine there's an enormous cost for them to even be at the show in the first place.

The fact that queues were round the block waiting for products speaks for itself really- VAT or no VAT :)

Yes, you're quite right. It's not their fault they have the best products available. It's the basics of economics "supply and demand"....I just like a bargain!!! :p

I would think the main reason people go to trade shows like Excel is to get the discounts ? I understand that there are considerable cost for the companies but the amount of existing customers buying and signing up new customers must surly go along way to their outlay ? To be honest I expected all the big brand stands to be vat free.

I to was very disappointed with s2 this year, I was hoping to buy the 6 new colours in a kit this year so I have a spare lamp but they only offered the 22 colour deal which quite upset me after driving 2 and half hours to get there! Also I felt there was not enough staff to ask questions to at the stand

I was there yesterday and timed it just right, we only queued for 5 mins at the S2 stand but when we turned around the queue was virtually out the door! But even if we had got there later and had to queue I would have done. They are a fab company selling fab products, the fact we all want to go there first and get the new shellac colours alone would determine that it was going to be a busy one. When you are that popular, of course there is going to be queues! They even had 4 extra tills this year but even if they had 50 tills, it would still be busy because their products are so popular.

Like I said last year, queues and crowds of people are inevitable at these shows. If you don't want to queue or endure a little push and shove then don't go and order it all online instead! :wink2:

I do agree with what your saying that everyone has to tighten there belts this year. They could have done a little something? I went this morning and I only waited 5 minutes at S2 :)

Wish they had tools to buy too not just colours etc. I have to say though I thought they were extremely helpful.

Planky, I think I saw you. As you walked away with your purchases, did you run back to give the lady in the grey dress a hug??

Planky, I think I saw you. As you walked away with your purchases, did you run back to give the lady in the grey dress a hug??

Lol, yes, that was me :D And that was the gorgeous Mrs Geek I was a huggin :wink2:

I found it insane, though it was amazing. I invested in some of the Electropop range by china glaze, and some OPI polishes. we didnt stay long, and left before 1pm as it was getting more and more crowded.

I thought it was great, yes it was busy but that's expected and part of the experience. I stocked up on files and buffers, got some great glitter powders, nail art brush kit, a Roo box and roll, callus peel, caught up with the girls at Bio Sculpture and lots of great zoya polishes. Had an amazing stilleto done(now I can't pick my son up!) and my hubby got roped in by tan solutions to get sprayed and drew quite a crowd!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330963854.110400.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330963854.110400.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 350
Lol, yes, that was me :D And that was the gorgeous Mrs Geek I was a huggin :wink2:

Oops!! :o

Dear Mrs Geek, please accept my sincere apologies for my ignorance!! :hug:

I found it insane, though it was amazing. I invested in some of the Electropop range by china glaze, and some OPI polishes. we didnt stay long, and left before 1pm as it was getting more and more crowded.

Good for you! I left at 5:30 and nearly died by then!

I thought it was great, yes it was busy but that's expected and part of the experience. I stocked up on files and buffers, got some great glitter powders, nail art brush kit, a Roo box and roll, callus peel, caught up with the girls at Bio Sculpture and lots of great zoya polishes. Had an amazing stilleto done(now I can't pick my son up!) and my hubby got roped in by tan solutions to get sprayed and drew quite a crowd!

Sorry but I have to say it- Yep your hubby appears to have "it" to attract a crowd ;) good choice missy ;) x

What a day. I went to get some more OPI Gelcolor. Bit disappointed that they didn't have single colours just kits.

I was moaning about it to my daughter when a tall lady in a White suit asked if I was ok. Luckily I can moan but be polite. Anyway she apologised and explained about how quickly they were selling out and that if I ordered the individual colours at the desk they could prioritise my order. She was very helpful.

Little did I know she was THE LENA WHITE. !!!:o

Really nice lady tho. Xx

Latest posts

Back