Excess stock - what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with your excess stock?

• Let it gather dust in a cupboard

Votes: 75 49.7%
  • Ebay it

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • Geekbay it

Votes: 25 16.6%
  • Send it to a friend in the industry to use

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
I must confess that I am a cupboard hoarder. I always think 'oh that will help me if I want to practise' and I never use the stuff in the end!

Have been putting the odd thing or two on Geekbay and it has worked.

Personally, I detest ebay, I dont buy nor sell anything on it.

Ms.Matrix said:
HEEEEEEEY guys!!! If you ever have the need to get rid of excess supplies I'm your girl, as I sometimes can't afford to buy all the little products I would like to have....Comon guys!! I'll pay shipping!!:lol:

Snap, that goes for me too:hug:

I Have bought and sold a couple of bits on geekbay but i think most peeps forget to look there.

I know it clogs up the forums but i think if you could put whatever you want to dispose of in say chit chat, i think you'd get a MUCH better response.

Anyone else agree?

Amb xx

There used to be a forum specifically for stuff for sale etc. I think Geekbay is a great idea, however I don;t think it's utilised as effectively as it could be.

a. some of those ads are ancient, people just don't delete them and they don't seem to disappear like they do on Ebay once the time has expired.

b. People don't check on them. I do a mod clearout from time to time and the number of items where peeps have left queries and the seller hasn't bothered to get back to them is astounding.

c. People don't put a bidding option on them, and often not a price. If something has Best Offer on then I don't even bother with it. I like a bargain and I know that my Best Offer is prob not what they are thinking of ... but who knows maybe it is and the seller has lost the sale because I can't get into haggling.

d. Why are selling it?

I check it out every day to see what's new, but there is very little that takes my fancy. Second hand goods, even if unused, have a high depreciation. If I'm only going to save a couple of quid then I'd rather get it brand new from the distributor with all the back up guarantees.

well that's my thoughts anyway!

Sassy Hassy said:
There used to be a forum specifically for stuff for sale etc. I think Geekbay is a great idea, however I don;t think it's utilised as effectively as it could be.

a. some of those ads are ancient, people just don't delete them and they don't seem to disappear like they do on Ebay once the time has expired.

b. People don't check on them. I do a mod clearout from time to time and the number of items where peeps have left queries and the seller hasn't bothered to get back to them is astounding.

c. People don't put a bidding option on them, and often not a price. If something has Best Offer on then I don't even bother with it. I like a bargain and I know that my Best Offer is prob not what they are thinking of ... but who knows maybe it is and the seller has lost the sale because I can't get into haggling.

d. Why are selling it?

I check it out every day to see what's new, but there is very little that takes my fancy. Second hand goods, even if unused, have a high depreciation. If I'm only going to save a couple of quid then I'd rather get it brand new from the distributor with all the back up guarantees.

well that's my thoughts anyway!

i agree with everything that sassy has said about geekbay... especially the pricing bit... if they dont say a price for their products then it doesnt interest me....

say for example.. if i went shopping for a top.. i wouldnt buy it if it had a 'best offer' price tag on it....

its a shame that geekbay it not as successful as it could be.. cos as an idea it is very good... ideally i'll have more confident in buying from there than places like ebay...

i very rarely have excess stock

i have sold a few bits on ebay in the past but now i tend to pass it on to anyone within the industry

I have loads of art stuff. More than I'll ever need LOL
BUT I hang on to it, since I always end up using it. Just not as often as I like:irked:

I figure, it'll get used. :green:

I have
feathers
decals
glitters
coloured acrylic powder
bullion beads
Kit to make transfers
water release transfers
Crushed shells
Rhinestones
Pearl shapes
Foil leafing
Transfer foils (different from the one above)
Acrylic water based paints
mini google-eyes for art like reindeer faces lol

ummm probabaly other stuff I can't remember right now lol

I do use it all. Everything has been used at some point in the last 6mths, but again, not as often as I'd like.

i look on geekbay everyday but its all the same stuff and old post aswell.Im training at college doing mani/pedi/nailehancements/silkwraps/gel overlay/nail art so any geeks got things they need to get rid of give me a shout with a price plzzzzzzzzz xxxxx

I'm very careful about ordering stock and how much of it I use.
So really I don't have any excess stock.
Couldn't really vote on this one, Sorry!:)

Every time iv been on Geekbay and sent a bid or offer i never get a reply so its not a place i go very often as i see no point unless it changes.I used to buy off ebay but now im training i buy professional products.I normaly give the stuff i dont need to my daughter now,i have sold the odd stuff on ebay like soak off dishes,finger trainers,bottle tilters the usual stuff.good topic x

I don't have a bunch of stock as I just moved a couple years ago to another country .......and got rid of most things......however some stuff I don't want to use anymore as I'm interested in other products......but I don't want to throw my old stuff away.....so it's gathering dust ...till I get tired of it and I'll either bin it .....or find a tech who wants it .......:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back