Exfoliation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone recommend a really good body exfoliator to use before a tan as i am getting quite a lot of build up in-between ? I am using a body puff at the moment but it just doesn`t cut the mustard!!
The cheaper the better unless you swear by it!!!! :)

Thanks geeks x

i swear by exfoliating gloves...they are about £2 from sallys...asda...even tesco sell them...use with any body wash and if you find any dead/rough skin after that I'll eat my hat..:lol:....they are quick and easy too....just slip them on while in the bath or shower...lather up with your body wash and scrub away...xx

Ok thanks will get some and try!!

i swear by exfoliating gloves...they are about £2 from sallys...asda...even tesco sell them...use with any body wash and if you find any dead/rough skin after that I'll eat my hat..:lol:....they are quick and easy too....just slip them on while in the bath or shower...lather up with your body wash and scrub away...xx
Bagpuss is on the ball, these things are great, use a good rich body moisturiser afterwards, then tan the next day if possible. Another good exfoliator is the St Tropez one. I use it on dry skin then rinse it off in the shower.

Hey hun :green:

I use sisal mitts everyday to keep on top of dry skin and fake tan build up.

If I want to really purge my body of dead skin, I have an exfoliation hour (can you tell I'm really anal about this?!) once a week....

1. I make up a little concoction of diluted lemon juice (fresh) and pineapple juice (fresh) and slather all over my body. The fruit acids and bromelain act as natural chemical exfoliants.

2. I then slather olive oil all over my body and wait for 20 mins (eat some left over pineapple whilst your waiting!) for its softening effects to work.

3. Jump in the shower, wet a sisal mit (although, in this case, a nice scrubby flannel can work better in some areas) and scrub!

After this, you will be truly absolutely ex-fol-i-ated baby! :green: No stubborn fake tan can ever survive my exfoliation hour :lol:

Hey hun :green:

I use sisal mitts everyday to keep on top of dry skin and fake tan build up.

If I want to really purge my body of dead skin, I have an exfoliation hour (can you tell I'm really anal about this?!) once a week....

1. I make up a little concoction of diluted lemon juice (fresh) and pineapple juice (fresh) and slather all over my body. The fruit acids and bromelain act as natural chemical exfoliants.

2. I then slather olive oil all over my body and wait for 20 mins (eat some left over pineapple whilst your waiting!) for its softening effects to work.

3. Jump in the shower, wet a sisal mit (although, in this case, a nice scrubby flannel can work better in some areas) and scrub!

After this, you will be truly absolutely ex-fol-i-ated baby! :green: No stubborn fake tan can ever survive my exfoliation hour :lol:
That sounds fab i will give it a go as soon as i have an hour to myself!!
Thanks for your help and tips girls xx

i like to use Body Shop body scrub, £10 for a tub and it comes in loads of yummy fragrances, the exfoliation bits in it is community trade sugar so it helps sugar farmers in poor countries, everyones a winner!!! I use on dry skin (as in not wet) and wash it off in the shower.:)

I would go for the exfoliator that is manufactured by your tanning lotion/spray usually they are quite reasonably priced.

At the moment im using Ahavas scrubbing butter its not cheap about £16 but its heavenly :green:

i use these gloves, they are just fab

Latest posts

Back