extending nail bed on nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I have a client who is getting married on saturday.she made an appointment
with me 4 weeks ago and said that another salon had said no way they are too short! yes they were short but have done nails thet short before so
told her she is not to bite them any shorter and would see her 4 weeks.
client came in today nearly in tears today begging me to do the nails today
instead of thursday because she is so stressed she can't stop biting them! I looked and omg :eek: they are non existant. will i be able to apply pink l&p to
make an extended nail bed and then sculpt or am i putting the client at risk
of over expossure? there is no way i would get a tip on there. sure i have read
on here that somebody has done this but can't find it. can't fit her in until
thursday anyway so i have time to check this out. sorry it's long plese help!

Hi Michelle, do you just do tips or sculpt to? just I think it would be easier to sculpt than tip. You can extend the nail bed first, then fit a form. There will be a thread on this I'll see if I can find it for you. x

sculpting not my strong point but think i need to sculpt for this client but need a bit of free edge to fit the form but worried about applying the product
to extend the nail bed her nails are really thin too! client has really gone too town on them with her teeth! bless her! wedding nerves.

blinkin found it lol but know I see you have beaten me to it Karen lol
Dont much like Tammy Taylors tutorial, but depends who you trained with I suppose! Just be careful when filing them Michelle if there really thin. HTH x

what mix are you going to use to extend the nail bed hunnio?

i would sculpt them (just make sure your form fits).......if your forms arent fitting up against the nail them give then a wee tailor and cut them to fit up nicely against the nail

extend the bed out first then build your tip as norm and then add your pink :D

if you need a chat give me a call at the salon or on my mobile im free after 4 tomorrow

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back