Extension client complaining of thinning, I can't see it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a lady who I removed her pre bonded extensions a few days ago after 3 months of wear and 2 maintenance checks, the whole time the hair was lovely, and was growing well with no signs of tension or any problems whatsoever.

She had fine to normal hair before fitting, and after removal she still had fine to normal hair, the scalp was in lovely condition, the hair was growing well and showed no signs at all of damage or traction.

She has messaged me today saying her hair is much thinner than before, I have said to her that often people feel its thinner as they have been used to wearing so much extra with extensions, but she is quite adament. I'm not really sure what to do, she's not asking for anything, just telling me, but I feel like poo now!! I've never had anyone complain of thinning as I'm SO careful in my application, removal and my insistence on maintenence.

Can someone reassure me please?!

Thankyou! x

Like you said it probably just feels thinner, I wouldn't worry about it :lol:

thanks Sasha, working alone I sometimes need to sound off on here to check I've done things properly and not missed something obvious!! x

My friends the same when I removes hers she messages every ten mins saying how bald she feels but she always waits a few weeks before having them re done so can't feel that bald,lol

Don't worry it too much. In a week she will feel normal and realise it is how it was.
You could suggest a few extensions just to add bulk and not length? Xoxo

she's due a new set in again in a fortnight but is now saying she thinks she will have clip ins instead, which is fine by me but seems a shame when I can't see what's wrong!! xxx

If you can't see evidence of hair loss its definitely what others have said. I always warn my clients that they will think their hair is thinner after removal. I even had a client lady last week telling me her hair was thinner.....get this, she'd had two maintenance checks in 3 months, had only lost 2 extensions, I hadn't even removed them at this point! I asked her where is her hair thinner? She couldn't answer. I really do think some clients like to say something negative to their hairdresser x

If you can't see evidence of hair loss its definitely what others have said. I always warn my clients that they will think their hair is thinner after removal. I even had a client lady last week telling me her hair was thinner.....get this, she'd had two maintenance checks in 3 months, had only lost 2 extensions, I hadn't even removed them at this point! I asked her where is her hair thinner? She couldn't answer. I really do think some clients like to say something negative to their hairdresser x

i completely agree with this

thanks guys just needed reassurance! Having a nightmare week, think I'll have to take a major hit and replace another set of extensions that has turned into a total mess after only 3 weeks! (see new thread!!) I can't afford this just now :( xx

Latest posts

Back