Extensions for Frankie look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to do a consultation this week for a last that's had her hair cut short, I've not seen her yet but I'm getting the feeling its short. I always turn away to short hair but she's saying she just wants a Frankie look. Now I'd never put extensions through the top, but would anyone to achieve the look?

I have a client enquiring about having extensions, she has short hair too and wants it to shoulder length. What extension method will you be using to create your look if u don't mind me asking?

If I agree to do it, I'll use Prebonded method and maybe split the bonds. Am undecided at the mo tho.

Last edited:
If u agree so do it, I'll use Prebonded method and maybe split the bonds. Am undecided at the mo tho.

Depending how short it is, just spilt them.
Can you get her to send you a photo of her hair?x x

Thanks Sarah I'm going to see her, won't do anything without seeing her.

And thank you for helping out on that other thread xx

Thanks Sarah I'm going to see her, won't do anything without seeing her.

And thank you for helping out on that other thread xx

Oh don't mention it... So frustrating!xx

yes frankie has it really heavy on one side so youd need the extensions to give it the volume! my friend went to an afro carrebean salon and got a weave put in to achive this look... it looked dreadful :Scared: lol

Thankfully this lady already knew a weave wouldn't do the job, I managed to pop in and see her and have decided to go with splitting the bonds, hopefully two of us suggesting that can't be wrong. I did explain to her that it goes against all I've been taught be was willing to have a go and see what the results will be. I'm not charging her much tbh anyway. Her hair is only 4" long on the top. Will let you know how it turns out x

Hello! Use half bonds and literally fill out the side in rows to achieve the frankie look, we do this quote often in the Belle salon looks amazing once styled x

Ive only ever done this on myself with a weft (not weave) and my advice is to start at the back, half way across the head working forwards so you can get the graduation and it blends easily going from short to long. Hth xx

Hello! Use half bonds and literally fill out the side in rows to achieve the frankie look, we do this quote often in the Belle salon looks amazing once styled x

Cool that's good to know, I feel her hair is to short at the back so I will only do the top and some of the sides, to blend in as much as poss, thank u x

Ive only ever done this on myself with a weft (not weave) and my advice is to start at the back, half way across the head working forwards so you can get the graduation and it blends easily going from short to long. Hth xx

Thank you, back is to short to put any in, well I wouldn't be happy fitting them there, but I'll see how it goes.

I'll post a pic if it looks good, if it doesn't I'm off lol!

Thank you, back is to short to put any in, well I wouldn't be happy fitting them there, but I'll see how it goes.

I'll post a pic if it looks good, if it doesn't I'm off lol!

Good luck & let us know how you get on :) xx

Well I did it! Quite pleased with the results. I felt her hair was to short to go to far back. I cut to bonds down to minuscule and split them, they were undetectable. Only downside she coloured her hair and it was slightly different then at consultation! I fitted #99j and a few #4. Looked at bit to red, but #33 was to wishy washy, I'm hoping the red will wash out a bit. I did point this out but its me being a perfectionist I think, don't like leaving any room for complaint! Let me know what you think. All reviews good or bad welcome as that's how we learn x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135543.450381.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135543.450381.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 341
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135551.683770.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135551.683770.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 344
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135561.027478.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135561.027478.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 346
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135575.985767.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360135575.985767.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 318
From what you had to work with I think you've done a great job! :) xx

This is so strange Fuzion... I was thinking about this post last night and was going to ask how you got on!
I think you've done a really good job.
Was your client really pleased?! X x

That's looks really nice :)) xx

Wow, from what you had to start with to that it looks really good!!

Yes she was really pleased, her hubby thought she looked stupid but that's men! Sorry guys. Her friend was there watching and wants hers done now, for length tho and has proper length hair to deal with lol! The friend kept saying how good she thought the colour match was, think its just me wanting if perfect. I fitted 14" there was more on the floor than in her head by the time I'd blended in reckon that took almost as long as fitting lol! Thank you all x

Someone has asked me to do this :0 I've just set up and this is my first client... Please help

Latest posts

Back