Extensions shedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charjem

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Really disappointed after a client got in touch roughly 1 week after getting micro loop extensions fitted to say they were shedding loads. I got her to send a photo from the back and it has thinned a fair bit.
I've never had this problem with this particular supplier, and I'm not entirely sure what to do. I'm going back round with extra hair to remove thinned ones and thicken it out again. I'm now worried about this happening again.
It frustrates me no end that I have to take time out to go back and visit clients (who live 20miles plus from me) because of the supplier!
Has anyone any experience with this problem?
Thanks!

Which supplier did you use? What was the hair exactly?

You're doing the right thing and going back to the client to assess. Don't forget to take pictures and ask open ended questions as to their aftercare routine. Basically, get them to do the talking. Re-iterate the aftercare to them.

Was it their first time with extensions?

It was my budget range with hair planet. I don't use them a lot, mainly for their wefts, but have never had any problems, I've used them for 2 years or so as budget.

This is her first set of extensions. She sent me a photo of the shedding after she had brushed it, and it was more than normal.

To be fair, it has totally put me off using HP as my budget range as it's not really cost effective when you're having to make sever trips back to fix problems!

A little off topic but I received 0.8g hair from HP and a lot of strands were more like 0.5g or less! I've used them a few times but haven't been reading good things recently :S

I know, it's not good at all. Some of the strands I couldn't even get a section of hair through :( so disappointed.

I've not tried this brand before.

Im guessing its a "budget" brand?

Well, it's not exactly cheap, I think prices are on par roughly with SJK

But yes, I use them as my budget range.

I've not tried this brand before.

Im guessing its a "budget" brand?

I wouldn't bother trying if I were you, I ordered Russian 1g hair from them, colour was meant to be 99j but was more like 4b but as it was only going in my hair I just coloured my hair to match them. Had it have been for a client I wouldn't have been impressed :( also the hair was gorgeous for about 3 weeks, after which the ends matted so badly I had to cut them to above my shoulders. Not good :( xx

The only thing I'll be using them for is their wefts. They're lovely and are like double drawn. But won't be using anything else from them again.

aqava2ug.jpg

That's literally within a week or so, they've thinned so much!

aqava2ug.jpg

That's literally within a week or so, they've thinned so much!

Omg that is quite substantial!
I've no suggestions other than what's been said above but good luck resolving it x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I've no suggestions other than what's been said above but good luck resolving it x

I know! Crazy! Thanks hun x

Hi i had my microloop extensions done and think the hair was from there not sure but the shedding when I was getting them done and still now is unbelivable its ament to be aaa indian but its not its also got black hairs going through the blonde I have taken them out today and currently putting them back in after a good soak in conditioner there also apparently 1g I dont think so :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Which extensions were these? X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek

I wouldn't bother trying if I were you, I ordered Russian 1g hair from them, colour was meant to be 99j but was more like 4b but as it was only going in my hair I just coloured my hair to match them. Had it have been for a client I wouldn't have been impressed :( also the hair was gorgeous for about 3 weeks, after which the ends matted so badly I had to cut them to above my shoulders. Not good :( xx

Thanks for saving me the trial.

The problem is, we will never really know if hair is of Russian origin as stated by OP. Good quality hair wouldn't do this.

But if the OP hasn't had a problem with this hair n the past, maybe its just a bad batch. X

Thanks for saving me the trial.

The problem is, we will never really know if hair is of Russian origin as stated by OP. Good quality hair wouldn't do this.

But if the OP hasn't had a problem with this hair n the past, maybe its just a bad batch. X

It was just their Indian remy range, 0.8g micro loops. This is my first experience of shedding with hair planet. I've sent them an email with the photo, we'll see what they say. However, we all know how suppliers stand when it comes to aftercare etc, it's a lost cause! All you can do is just not give them business anymore.

I got a delivery today from them, and was in 2 minds whether to fit them or not, but I did. They sent me blonde loops with brown rings, honesty, I give up!
ebu6ated.jpg

It was just their Indian remy range, 0.8g micro loops. This is my first experience of shedding with hair planet. I've sent them an email with the photo, we'll see what they say. However, we all know how suppliers stand when it comes to aftercare etc, it's a lost cause! All you can do is just not give them business anymore.

I got a delivery today from them, and was in 2 minds whether to fit them or not, but I did. They sent me blonde loops with brown rings, honesty, I give up!
ebu6ated.jpg

I would have been disgusted when I opened the pack !! Brown on blonde... They having a laugh !!!??

ebu6ated.jpg

You still fitted them!!!

Did the client not say anything? Sorry I'm not trying to get at you but it would be more professional to cancel the client for another day then to fit brown rings in blonde hair.

I ment I was in 2 minds whether to fit them because of the shedding!! I never fitted those ones. I ordered 5 different shades and left those ones out.

Please don't take this the wrong way as it's meant to be constructive, but why even use micro loops? Either use ready made stick tips+rings, or get bulk hair and make the strands yourself, in the latter case you have 100% control over the strand.

Latest posts

Back