eye lash perming...???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Lee

Reaction score
hi..

im thinking of getting my eye lashes permed as im sick of curling them everyday with a eye lash curler.... but like all things for the first time... i feel kinda of nervous...

ive never had/seen it done before so is there any beauty therapists out there who can tell me a bit more info and whats involved...? im terrified of something going wrong and my eye lashes falling out....!! :rolleyes:

It takes about 45 mins to do, you obviously have to lie down for this time.
A sticky roll is placed on to your lashes at the base of your lid, the lashes are then curled around the roll. you then have some solutions put onto the curlers each one has a setting time, that's why it's takes a while. Then the rollers are taken off and Voila Curly lashes. it's fab you'll love it x

Its a very simple process, but make sure you have a skin patch test before you have it done.

Basically you have small sticky rods attatched close to the root of the lashes and the lashes are then curled around, sometimes they need to be glued slighly to stay on (this comes off easily, so dont panic). An application of perming solution is applied, then a small piece of poythene is placed over the eyes followed by a towel to keep the heat in. This is left on for 10 -15 mins. An application of fixing lotion is then applied over the top of the perming solution, polythene then goes back on and towel for a further 10 - 15 mins. Lashes are then wiped over with damp cotton pads, then collagen is applied to for 5 mins. Clean and wipe off with cleanser and thats it, curly lashes!:)

hey.. thanks for the info....

can i just ask one silly question though...? will this solution cause any damage to the eyelashes.... weaken them...? falling out....? (yikes..!) i have this image of a perm in your hair going wrong....

and also.. how long will the curl last for...?

You should be fine, just make sure you have the skin patch test :hug:

Curl last for about 6 weeks or so, lashes fall out naturally so will be replaced with straighter ones :)

ok.. thanks for your help girls....

im going to call for my appointment now...

xxxx

I had my eyelashes permed a while back at college, I didn't feel it did anything to my eyelashes, but I think because my eyelashes are so tiny anyway, they just didn't take to the solution!! I have seen it done to ppl and it looks fab!!

I wasn't keen either with keeping my eyes shut 4 that length of time, I kept wanting to open them but had to resist!! lol

I know it sounds silly but why don't you see whether any of the colleges near you does it as it is far less expensive and if it doesn't work it's not all that bad, don't worry, the tutor watches them do it and they wouldn't be let loose if they weren't confident!!!

hth

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

just as thought but sometimes it does not work

i know one client that i had it didnt take for some reason. it wasnt anything i done as it has worked on other clients but sometimes it does not take

Latest posts

Back