Eye lashes sticking together!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home Indulgence

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently done my eyelash extension course, i'm doing my case studies before being let loose on paying clients. But i have found that
some of the lash are getting stuck to their neighbour lashs.

I apply the lash as taught; separate te lashes with the tweezer, then with the other tweezer apply it to that lash, i keep the lashs separated from the others for a couple of seconds before letting go with the tweezers. But this is when i find the neighbouring lash sticking to the new lash. i use the air blower, and i think i'm using the correct amount of glue! i am using a slow drying glue.

do you think i should buy the quicker drying glue, then this won't happen!!! :irked:

Ps i hope this make sense to you all, i feel like i've said lash loads!!!!!

If your using a slow drying glue, try keeping the lashes seperate a little bit longer or as you say try a faster drying glue. Good luck with your case studies.

Annie x

it really is practise practise practise when starting out. If you think you may have a lil bit too much glue on the false lash dont forget it should be 2 tiny bobbles of glue (like tiny water drops) stroke on the donor lash 3 times, dab excess off onto the pad and apply. I would really stick with the slower glue to start with cos the fastset glue is a mine field, some are very fumey and that will start all kinds of different probs (watery eyes, runny noses etc) which in themselves cause problems. You will get the hang of it but it will take you a bit longer than the amount of case studies you have to do :lol:.

Good luck

Blinkin Gorgeous xx

It sounds like you need to keep the lash seperated a tiny bit longer, and maybe a tad too much glue is being used?
Its frustrating at first, but keep going xxx

I agree with Cabinkel,it sounds as if you are maybe using a bit too much adhesive and dont keep the lashes apart long enough. Once the adhesive has set the other lashes simply cant get stuck to the one you have applied so try that and make sure the extension only has those tiny 3 droplets on it before you swipe it over the natural lash.
I would only recommend to go for a faster setting adhesive once you have gained experience as some of them can be fumey and very fast so you need to be very good at swiping and placing the extension correctly the first time.
hth
:hug:

I would definitely recommend you moving onto a faster drying glue!

Francesca

LASH by Francesca
salon boutique academy

Thank you all, :)

Now i've got a new problem, one of my case studies was saying her eyelids feels sore, do you think i've got to close to the lid!!!!
(shes has now removed them)

:cry: Ahhhhh am i ever going to get the hang of it!

how long was it for everyone else to feel confident? as at the moment i've got zero confidence with doing them!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Thank you all, :)

Now i've got a new problem, one of my case studies was saying her eyelids feels sore, do you think i've got to close to the lid!!!!
(shes has now removed them)

:cry: Ahhhhh am i ever going to get the hang of it!

how long was it for everyone else to feel confident? as at the moment i've got zero confidence with doing them!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Sounds like they were too close to the lid but hard to tell if you didnt get to see them, either that of she could have been fiddling with them, that would definately make them feel sore (trust me Iv done that ooops).

Please perservere, you will get the hang of it, dont forget you are only on your case studies and have only just trained, you cant expect to be fabulous without the practise :lol:. Do you have anyone in your area that you could ask to mentor you, maybe get them to watch you while you apply and they can give you some advise? Would the company that you trained with help you out on this?

Try practising on some false lashes, we were told that even if you sitting there infront of the TV in the evening, to have your tweezers with you and some false lashes and practise isolating, it is harder on falsies but if you can do it on them you can do it on people.

I promise you, it will click, eventually :hug: Take a deep breath and get back to it xxxxxx

The eyelid pain comes from the lashes being stuck together. I know through experience. I am a lash technician and then my good friend did a course and did mine. They felt a bit "pinchy" and then After a week a week I hated them it felt like I had styes all along my lid. I got her to go through really carefully and make sure she had pulled them all apart after that they were fine. The next time she did them I reminded her to make sure they were all separated and I didn't have a problem.

Hope this helps.

hi, Don't give up cos you're not alone on this. I started doing lashes end of July and just finishing my case studies off now. i too was having this problem and for me it was a couple of things.

1. i was using the 10 sec glue, so the rest of the lashes were grabbing hold of the isolated lash when i let go of it

2. Not isolating properly, making sure any rogue lashes that insisted n cutting across sideways were well and truely out of the way.

3. Too much adhesive.

These i found out for myself and adjusted. I now use the 5 secl glue and i love it. i now make sure my isolation is spot on before app;ing adhesive. If im struggling i sit back take a breath and start again with another lash.

I'm booked on for my graduation in a couple of weeks so i'm liooking forward to seeing the educators and no doubt giving me some valuable advice.

Who did you train with by the way, have you tried calling them?

Good look,x

Latest posts

Back