Eyebrow shapes please Help !!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnailamilo

Reaction score
Hi, I hope you are all well!!!

I am doing my level 2 beauty, and have been on Google, for days tying to find the answers to the questions, I have found out the theory of why a eyebrow should be shaped a certain way, but I have 4 eyebrow shapes to choose from and all the web sites seem to say different, I have 4 shapes to choose from.

Normal eyebrow

Arched eyebrow

Straight eyebrow

Angular eyebrow

Which on for which shaped face???

Round face ?? I thought arched

Oblong face ??? any shape

Square face - strong angular

Pear face - gental arch

Wide set eyes - I know they should be shaped closer to the inner corners of the eye, I thought arched??????

close set eyes ??? yet again i know the theory, but can't decided what shape????

Low forehead - ???? I thought straight very low arched

High forehead - ????? Thinking high arched .

I have looked in books, been all over the net, even to celebrity eyebrow shapes, and believe me it raised my eyebrows.

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys and girls

An easy guide is to use the opposite of their face shape. So, a square face would have a nice soft arch for example. xxx

I dont know about most therapists but more often than not this idea that you can have all these different shaped eyebrows is just that ..an idea.Usually you have to work with what you have presented to you which quite often is not a lot.Very few people come to you with enough hair that you can make a huge difference to and you also have to work with their natural shape.
I have to explain that most celebs have their eyebrows pencilled in or tatooed on when they say i want my eyebrows like so and so.

I am still a little lost on what to put though???? So if a square face is a soft arch, would a round face be straight, is that what you mean????? I know, I will come across very few peolpe I can make a huge differene too, in the real world of eyebrow shaping, so what you are saying is there is no text book format, I have to go with the flow???? in the real world???????:confused:

no sorry i wasn't being very helpful just making a general comment :).I could say what i think but i may be wrong as i havent done nvq or any training on eyebrows for many years and i dont remember learning any of this.

I am still a little lost on what to put though???? So if a square face is a soft arch, would a round face be straight, is that what you mean????? I know, I will come across very few peolpe I can make a huge differene too, in the real world of eyebrow shaping, so what you are saying is there is no text book format, I have to go with the flow???? in the real world???????:confused:

It means that on a square face you would soften the look by doing a more curved/rounded brow, not so angular as this will make a square face look squarer, and a round face you would do a more angular/arched brow so to add some shape to the face.hths:hug:

I always just follow the rules of plucking and try not to change the clients shape too much.
I can't remember if i did this question but you could try Lorraine Nordmann professional beauty therapy book.
That's what we used and i'm sure you could get hold of a copy in the library or you could always ask your tutor to go through it again with you, that's what they are there for.
Sorry i couldn't hep more.

Cheers Geeks, I will buy that book, and thanks for all your advice:hug:

A oblong face would require a more straight eyebrow giving the illusion of width.
I am not into skin but I know this because I have a very long oblong face and have studied extensively about face shapes with Haircuts and coloring.

Cheers Geeks, I will buy that book, and thanks for all your advice:hug:

Do you not get an appropriate textbook included with your beauty kit for your course?
I thought a book was usually included...I would strongly recommend getting one as it will come in alot of use for the entire year believe me!

xx:hug:xx

Yes we do, they came in tonight!!!! and they are great. Thanks for all your help xxx

Latest posts

Back