eyebrow tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noulady

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have not done a eyebrow tint since I did my cosmetic make-up training at hairdressing school as it was never popular:confused:. Now i have people asking for it all the time.

What products do you all use and why? I am looking for good coverage and natural range of colours. Also do you tint first then wax?

Would love to hear your ideas :hug:

J x

I just use the salon systems range
yes hun tint first then wax hth

i use Hive products and i tint first and then wax otherwise the tint will go into the follicle and stain it.

hth
Debbie

I use mainly Hive but have used salon systems if i run out.
The colours are brown, black, blue black & grey.

I have Refectocil and Combinal... Refectocil have a really wide range of colours, available from Beauty Express. I love 'light brown' as I'm blonde, but grey is also good for adding to other colours to tone them down.

Definitely tint before you shape and don't forget, you don't need to leave the tint on very long at all on the brows, as it takes very quickly.

Thanks girls

When I did my make-up at hairdressing college we only plucked eyebrows(well it was 20 years ago)

My training and common sense told me to tint first then wax, but I do know 2 people who go to salons and have the treatments the other way around:eek: why would they do this?:irked:

J x

I do it the other way around! :eek:
I've been a therapist for 15 years and I prefer to do it this way! I've never had any problems... in fact eyebrow shaping and tinting is my most popular treatment. Provided you don't get tint actually on the skin, it's fine. I find I can create a much better shape out of the clients brows with the tint if I shape first. Hive is my fav brand... my clients notice that it seems to last longer.xx :hug:

Dont fret Judy! lol
I do it the other way around as well... Always waxed then tinted... Was never really taught which to do first... I've never had a problem with doing it this way, and I don't think I have ever "stained the follicle" like Debbie mentioned. Everything always turns out great.

--- Should I be doing it the other way though? why is this?

PS: I use Refectocil, it's a great product and works fast.

Ha ha! Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was beginning to wonder if I'd been doing it wrong all these years!:confused:

I really don't recall ever being taught to do it one way or the other! I do understand the logic, but I don't ever get any tint on the skin so it doesn't seem to make any difference to the follicles. I've certainly never stained anyone! I do it on myself this way too! Think I'm going to stick to my way... I'm too set in my ways to change now :lol:

I usually tint first and then wax after but have done it the other way round too and have never had any problems.
I use salon systems and find them very good.

I have done both ways and never had a problem. I have recently started using Refectocil and have been very impressed with the results.

I've never used Refectocil... I've always been happy with ther results from Hive, but I love the idea of a wider choice of colours! Where do you get it from?xxx

I've never used Refectocil... I've always been happy with ther results from Hive, but I love the idea of a wider choice of colours! Where do you get it from?xxx

Beauty Express, there are lots of colours, you will be surprised :)

Cool! Thanks hon! Will give that one a try! You learn something new everyday :)

i use strictly professional for tinting

i would tint then remove hair

Thanks girls

Ain't this site great :green:

I always tint first before waxing. My theory is that the skin is quite sensitive after waxing and applying the tint to such sensitive skin would be more prone to a reaction.

Latest posts

Back