Eyebrow waxing laying down?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
This week I have had half a dozen people ask me why I do their eyebrows sitting up, I've explained that this is how I was trained both in college and with HD Brows and that this way will give them a better result. they've told me their old therapist always had them lying down and I almost felt like they were implying I was doing it wrong.

What I'd like to know is does anyone wax the brows laying down? And how can I explain to clients that the correct to wax brows is sitting/inclined without looking like I'm just trying to discredit their old therapist?

Sarah xxx

You can wax eyebrows either way. I don't think either way is 'wrong'. I wax both ways depending on my booking.

Hi didn't want to read and run, but I've not trained in waxing yet (just do nails) but have had waxing and threading for years..and I,ve always laid down.

I would think it strange but if you reassured me that this is how you do it and the results were good then I don't see a problem hth x

You can wax eyebrows either way. I don't think either way is 'wrong'. I wax both ways depending on my booking.

Hi what would make you decide whether to sit them up or lie them down? I was trained to never (and they really did stress never) to wax laying down as the facial muscles relax so you can't get a perfect result and won't be able to see if they have ptosis.

But if someone struggles to sit up I would lay them down as much as I could.

Obviously I want to make my clients feel comfortable and I'm wondering if some clients may not return as I they think I'm doing something wrong as they're used to always lying down.

It just seems strange to that no ones ever said this before and I've never had mine done lying down then 6 people say it in just over a week.

Xxx

Hi Hun

I always wax them lying down, this is how I was taught. Really if you're good at waxing you should be able to get the same result either way.

I always check them once they'e sat up due to facial contours etc and correct if I need to but I very rarely do.

I've experienced your brows and they are fab, I think as long as they get a good result then that's all that matters, I'd be back to you in a flash if I wasn't that little bit further away so don't let it worry you.

Just explain that you can do it either way and this is how you prefer to do it. Let the result speak for itself :)

Think I depends on when rather than where we train...I would imagine most "older" ie trained years ago did lying down and the sitting up stemmed from "HD" trained trainers. Either way, its better to check them sitting up.

What determines it for me is what treatments the client is having. If they are having a pedi and an eyebrow wax, I'm not going to lug in my couch as I don't need to. I'm mobile, so I only take what I need. If I had a room though I would wax laying down. I find it much easier.

Lying down for me, trained in 1998. However I would always be led by my clients preference. If they wanted to sit up I would accommodate.

P x

I do it both ways. I prefer lying down, but sometimes do it sitting up too and sometimes I get them to lie down for wax and do finishing touches sitting! Just depends on client and (as I'm mobile) other treatments I'm doing and lighting that I've got to work with! :)

Either or....I've done both lay down when doing a waxing course, but sat up when I did my hd brows course x

I always wax with clients laying down as it makes no difference to the finished result, there's no chance of tint running down into their eyes and clients find it feels more pampering.

However, on my courses I have them tilted back slightly but that's only to show off my lovely beds that turn into a chair:)

Do whatever you think as you're the expert, not your client.

I agree with posts above. I do it lying down and get fab results but I've also had some that need or prefer to sit up/slightly reclined and that's fine too. Personally lying down is easier for me and I prefer it but as Kim said above "do whatever you think as you're the expert" :)

i can do either, i dont think it matters. i prefer them lying down. xoxo

Thank you everyone for your replies its been an education as I really thought it was wrong to wax laying down but now I know different. I'll just explain to clients that both methods are acceptable and I can lay them down if they'd prefer.

Thanks geeks xxx

Ooh, I couldn't wax with the client sitting I don't think..!! Would feel alien to me as have always done it with hen lying down..! I can't look at a pair of brows "right way up" and tell exactly what needs doing, I have to look at them "upside down".! It's just what I'm used to! I was alway taught to wax lying down as if sitting you may drop wax onto the clients clothes etc.

But as others have said, we are all different therapists with different teachers and different methods, so we have to do what we feel comfortable with and what works best for us.

Latest posts

Back