eyebrow waxing sticks(this might save you money)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my coffee stirers that I buy come in a closed box and they are as hygenic as spatulas out of a spatular carton that I buy from the wholesalers.

I use them because they are an ideal size and work well for me. Thanks :hug:

Yes but thats the point, you bought yours in a sealed box. You didn't nick a handful from somewhere else. :hug:

After reading this,
I am wondering wether to put a sign on my hand lotions...
" yes its free to have a squirt....but do not take the p!55 and nick the bottle " :green:
I do...I now have visions that one day, a client will call round with a little wee sample bottle...or an old mini jam jar to fill up with lotion, as its much better than theirs and "well I do offer it free" !!!!:eek:

(This post is ment to be taken in a jokey way btw peeps, I'm not having a go ;) )

Last edited:
I completely understand Jen, I use the same thing. When they arrived with me they were in a sealed box wrapped in plastic, I checked them over to ensure they were the same, just as smooth with no splinters, they are obviously clean as they are made to stir food items, food which will be injested.

When they're in a coffee place it could have been touched by loads of people before they get to your clients face. As they're made from wood and meant to be consumables they can't really be cleaned properly.

Its like nicking bits of sand paper from the local diy stores to use as nail files!

Well my coffee stirers that I buy come in a closed box and they are as hygenic as spatulas out of a spatular carton that I buy from the wholesalers.

I use them because they are an ideal size and work well for me. Thanks :hug:

agree hun! small i find i get a better edge!!!

Like i said i ask not take! they still come sealded as Mcdes have hygen aswell!!! when i get them they come in a complete sealed box!!!

i think we all gonna have disagreements on here!!! If people want to nick them let them not your problems!!!!

I think this topic shall end here!!!! locked or something!!

:hug:Keep this friendly :hug:

After reading this I will never put a cofee stirer in my coffee again:eek:
after people saying about sneezing on them and not washing hands
errrr put me of forever.

Gosh I have to say having read this thread, and considered the hygiene aspect, I will stick to buying my £1.99 + VAT spatulas direct from the wholesaler. Who knows what is lingering on McDonalds coffee stirrers! What about all the bugs hanging around in the air and on people, then being passed onto people when they pick these up.

We are supposed to be professionals!

I will stick to using my own spatulas and waxing myself.

What about health and hygiene? Remember all those bugs and sanitation? Where's the sanitation and hygiene on a coffee stirrer that's been passed from pillar to post.

GROSS:mad:

agree hun! small i find i get a better edge!!!

Like i said i ask not take! they still come sealded as Mcdes have hygen aswell!!! when i get them they come in a complete sealed box!!!

i think we all gonna have disagreements on here!!! If people want to nick them let them not your problems!!!!

If you read the entire topic again I think its become clear that it's the replies saying they would go and take a handful of McD's stirrers, not you with your sealed box. :hug:

It is a problem if people take them and use them. There could be any number of nasties on them which could cause issues and that is surely your industry, and your, problem? You work to be a profesional and promote that image. If a Geek is seen by one of her clients lifting a handful of stirrers from a fast food outlet and happens to make the connection to what is used during her appointment what then?

I think the professional / hygiene argument has been well made and hopefully all you McTherapists will think twice before dipping your hand!

But can i just say you are complaining about the price of spatulas surely the price of your happy meal or coffee etc that you are buying to justify your pilfering adds up to more than the salon spatulas?

I buy my spatulas in bulk and they are soooo cheap that i don't worry about them at all although i know other people who half / quarter them etc to make 1 spatula last 4 times as long, and as strange as it is to me i can accept it But c'mon why steal dirty ones?

xxx

Clean and easy also do mini spatulas for brow waxing, I use them and they are ideal.....can't remember how much they are but I think they areround £2 for 100.hths:)

That's the point, you ask and get a sealed box so you know where they've been! Also, you have permission to take them. It's not the fact they are coffee stirrers that bothers me, it's the fact that so-called professionals help themselves to them from where-ever they fancy....... I firmly believe in using the best tool for the job, but source that tool professionally.

I think this thread has run its course. There are details within this thread as to where these wonder sticks can be bought professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back