Eyelash Application Please Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariadazzle

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a newbie to the site, I have been training in beauty treatments at college part time over the past year, now this may sound like a silly question but I am a little confused as to what I can advertise my eyelash extensions as (I am just getting some business cards designed).

I feel competant in advertising my other treatments such as spray tans, manicures, pedicures etc as I have done full courses in all of these areas however I have only learnt how to do the 'cluster' eyelash extensions as part of the cosmetic make up course, I can apply these well however I don't know how to advertise them, could I call them individual eyelash extensions/ or semi permanent eyelash extensions (if either as I suppose I am stating they are individual when they are infact around 3 individuals joined together?) Hope someone understands this, I feel like I am finding it hard to explain!

Please help, anyone! Also how long do the cluster lashes you do on clients usually last, and I bought some marvel lash glue adhesive recently, does anyone know if this is suitable for the eyelashes I am applying? (Please note I am now planning on doing a proper individual eyelash extension course soon but for now I would like to advertise what I can provide.

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

Maria.

Hi there,

I'm not a beauty therapist but know exactly the lashes you're describing as myself and 3 friends had them applied by a local mobile therapist just before Christmas.

Beforehand, the therapist described them as "individual" lashes but they were cluster lashes. We were told they'd last 4-6 weeks with good aftercare, but unfortunately one friend's lasted 24 hours, mine lasted 48 hours and the two others have got just a couple of clusters left hanging on for dear life (after 10 days).

I met another beauty therapist friend of mine a couple of days ago who works in a salon. She was massively surprised that we'd been told these cluster lashes would last 4-6 weeks and told me they're described in her salon as "Party Lashes" which last "the weekend, and up to a week if you're lucky".

I guess the point of my story is to demonstrate the disappointment my friends and I feel that our lashes have lasted nowhere near the length of time advised. If, however, they'd been advertised/described as Party Lashes that can last up to a week, we'd probably still have gone ahead as we just wanted them for Christmas/New Year.

Maybe if you carry out a few trials on your friends and family and monitor things, you'll have first-hand experience of how long the lashes will last which will then help you with your advertising/description and of course pricing. We paid £17.50, but my other friend's salon who does the "Party Lashes" charge £15.00.

xx

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate any, so thanks for your lengthy reply, yes I think I do need to monitor on friends/family how long they actually last, do you think it could be down to the strength of glue used though as to how long they last? (obviously there are other factors - aftercare,etc) as I believe they are quite a popular choice at the moment (locally) not sure about elsewhere as the true individual eyelashes seem to reign supreme but obviously are more expensive. I was under the impression that these 'cluster-individual' lashes last 3-4 weeks too...can understand your dissapointment about them only lasting after a few days to a week! x

Cluster lashes are not meant to last more than a few days to a week because they will damage your natural lashes. They are too heavy to be applied to a single natural lash (as semi permanent, single lash extensions are), and if they are glued to several lashes for an extended period of time, will cause pain and premature lash loss because the natural lashes grow at different rates and are at different stages of growth. Hope that makes sense.
Jill

I personally would not advertise them as single or permanent lashes as that will cause confusion with your clients and potentially create disappointment. It would be better to advertise them as cluster lashes "for a fuller look".

I agree with girlj that the weight of 3 lashes is far too much to attach to a single lash which would cause problems. Cluster lashes are far quicker to apply yet they last a lot shorter than the single extensions.

As long as your clients know this there should not be any problems or disappointment
hth :hug:

You can advertise them as
party lashes
cluster lashes
temporary lashes
or
temporary cluster lashes,
they should last 3 to 7 days, and it is always best if you don't let your clients expectations become too high,
the marvel lash adhesive should be fine,
what ever you do, don't be tempted to use the adhesive for the semi permanent lashes as this will hold the clusters on for a longer period of time but due to the weight, over the time frame it will cause damage to the natural lashes, hth

Hi Everyone, thanks for your feedback, I have decided to advertise them as ''Party Lashes'' to avoid dissapointment and take all your feedback on board, how good is this website, everyone is so helpful, this may become my beauty bible, I am also going to train properly to do real individual lashes! ooh can I just ask what kind of prices do you charge for your individuals being as it takes you 1 and a half - 2 hrs? xx

I use cluster lashes or flares while I am applying make-ups just for a sweep look. But I only say they will last a few days at the most, however most people have said the have lasted up to a week (better to lower their expectations :))

I have never done them as a set just because of how they will last - the last thing I want is to travel out and replace lashes because of what clients might expect from them.

Hi Everyone, thanks for your feedback, I have decided to advertise them as ''Party Lashes'' to avoid dissapointment and take all your feedback on board, how good is this website, everyone is so helpful, this may become my beauty bible, I am also going to train properly to do real individual lashes! ooh can I just ask what kind of prices do you charge for your individuals being as it takes you 1 and a half - 2 hrs? xx

That very much depends on your area but generally it ranges between £85 and £125 for a full set of lashes plus the regular infills every couple of weeks.

£100 for full set
£20 per hr for infill/touch up appointment

£100 for full set
£20 per hr for infill/touch up appointment

£100 for a full set and £20 PH makes no sense to me, if a set takes 2 hours and you charge £100, a 1 hour fill should be around £45. you still use glue and lashes and pads (and possibly tape if you like that style)

The glue/adhesive, prep, sealer, pads, tape, electric for your mag lamp and your time it does not add up.

Most charge 85-100 for a full and 40-50 for a fill.

Su x

£100 for a full set and £20 PH makes no sense to me, if a set takes 2 hours and you charge £100, a 1 hour fill should be around £45. you still use glue and lashes and pads (and possibly tape if you like that style)

The glue/adhesive, prep, sealer, pads, tape, electric for your mag lamp and your time it does not add up.

Most charge 85-100 for a full and 40-50 for a fill.

Su x

A full set does not only consist of 2 hrs on the couch and using the products,
a full and through consultation is given a few days before the appointment,
all tests are carried out to ensure no bad reactions occur and a lash tint is given (if not a regular client they would have had a tint test at another time before the consult date),
and they get a free mascara or sealant (their choice) at the full set appointment,
hence my prices, hth

Latest posts

Back