Eyelash extension are not staying on anymore!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labella

Reaction score
hi everyone

im having a problem with one of my regular client the eyelash extension aren't staying on anymore shes been having them for over a year with previous salons her lashes r quiet short and for some reason they just aren't staying on for very long anymore

any ideas...

thanks

if you dont mind me asking, how long have you been lashing for and how long has she been coming to you and have they ever stayed on when you have lashed her???? Also what glue are you using :green:

nearly a year now. yer they normally stay on all the time about 6months. lash fx glue

I've had the same issue with one of my regulars on their past two infills, so tagging to see what ideas people have x

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

how long have your regulars been having them on for? i wondered if they might need a break from them?

Iv had clients having lashes on continuously for over a year now so I doubt its that. Any change in medication? I believe thyroid problems can affect lashes as well as hair. How old is your glue, does it need changing? are you using a primer? Has the client changed facial products, could go on and on lol Generally its down to the client doing something different, if you havent had any problems in the last year its unlikely to be something youve done :green:

I've had the same issue with one of my regulars on their past two infills, so tagging to see what ideas people have x

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

I do find that clients lashes do have a cycle where they are absolutely fine for infill upon infill then there will be a space of maybe 1 or 2 infills where they have lost loads, generally its because theyre lashes have had a shedding period, then they go back to being fine. So if its only a couple of infill appoints and then they are fine again, I would suggest they are just having a shedding period.

the glue is still okay as ive used it on other clients and they have been fine. yer i use a primer to. i never thought about medication. so i dont no what to do now..

I do find that clients lashes do have a cycle where they are absolutely fine for infill upon infill then there will be a space of maybe 1 or 2 infills where they have lost loads, generally its because theyre lashes have had a shedding period, then they go back to being fine. So if its only a couple of infill appoints and then they are fine again, I would suggest they are just having a shedding period.

I find the same, also as Blinkingorgeous says check you glue, I have had this before and it was my glue.

Annie xx

the glue is still okay as ive used it on other clients and they have been fine. yer i use a primer to. i never thought about medication. so i dont no what to do now..

Well I would chat to the client and find out if they are on any different meds and if their facial routine has changed, any new activities they may be doing (ie go karting where they are putting a helmet on, just an example but you know what I mean) Get them to go through their daily routine - thats the only way you are going to get to the bottom of it!!

thanks for your help ill get on the case and find out :)

Do you girls not tell your clients that they must have a break in having lash extensions? I was taught on my training that after 12 weeks they were to have 1 week break then a new set could be applied? x

nope i werent taught that but she has had a weeks break few months ago. what lashes do u use???

Hmm was anyone else taught that? I use lash perfect x

thats what lashes i use

thats what lashes i use

How odd :/ I'd say it's probably something to do with client, medication or pregnancy maybe?? could be anything, go through everything with her and see what she says. Let us know! x

I had this and my client was on anti-biotics, she didn't think to say - but that's what caused it!

I use Lash Perfect and all my clients have a break every few months!! It is especially because certain clients are 'pickers' and I would give them a break so as they can itch there eyes etc!! I personally would give your client a break or even explain to her that the natural cycle of her eyelashes has made them shed.
Can I ask if your clients own eyelash is falling off with the fake one applied? Because this happened me before and it was actually my glue needed changed.
Hope this helps

Naomi x

I wasnt taught that either and have had them on myself for over 2 years - would be interested to see if anyone else has been taught this - what was the reason you were given for advising a break??

You dont need a break with eyelash extensions, by the sheer nature of your lashes shedding and growing.

Providing you have a good eyelash tech and you have regular infill appoints, which ofcourse as we all know, you remove top heavy lashes and lashes that are growing out, so there should never never be any damage to the lash. Again, providing the client doesnt pick and cause damage themselves and the tech has put the appropriate lash thickness and length for the client.

You shouldnt be lashing on to a baby lash, just the mid and longer lashes, therefore ensuring that the baby lashes grow in strong and healthy and are ready for lashing at the next infill.

Looked after properly there is no need for breaks, unless any of the above apply!! I have had lashes on for over a year now and due to being too busy to get to my infill appoints I have had to have a weeks enforced break, no damage to my lashes at all, cant wait to get them back on.

Im not sure what the theory is behind giving the client a break. Unless its to get them to pay out for a full set every 3 months :eek:

Latest posts

Back