Eyelash extension glue storage question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm sorry if this has been asked before...
I have two different brands of lash extension glue, one says to keep stored in the refrigerator and the other one says not to. Can anyone tell me why, & what's the difference? And if so how long before your client do you take it out of the fridge!? Thanks

Some always say keep in the fridge some say never. I keep my own in a tight sealed jar in my beauty box in my wardrobe so it's dark and cool. When keeping in fridge the glue will create moist and affect the glue.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply! I ending up calling the company & they told me to keep in the fridge & if it changes consistency they will send me a new one... So we'll see! If not, I'll try your tip. I really appreciate it

Thank you so much for your reply! I ending up calling the company & they told me to keep in the fridge & if it changes consistency they will send me a new one... So we'll see! If not, I'll try your tip. I really appreciate it

I've always been told to keep it in an airtight container. You can buy these things you can store them in or use rice which also works, but put them in a jar

what if you live in a country where the temp is normally 25-35 degrees most days?

what if you live in a country where the temp is normally 25-35 degrees most days?

All the posters to this thread have been absent from Salon Geek for some time.

If you store the adhesive in the fridge and then take it out into a warm environment you create condensation which essentially is humidity.
Imagine you come from the cold frosty mornings into a warm shop....your glasses steam up? Its the same for the adhesive and as moisture affects the cyanoacrylate it could shorten the shelf life or make the adhesive unworkable.

It is best if you keep the adhesive in a dark and cool place at constant temperature and best to store it in silicone beads, moisture granules or rice and change this with every new bottle

Airtight container in a cool dark place - not a fridge! I normally put mine in some little bags with moisture absorbing beads or rice and then onto an airtight container and then place that into a drawer or cupboard. X

Latest posts

Back