Eyelash extension problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really quite sure that there is nothing that I have done that could have led to glue getting in to her eye. Im pretty sure it's just one of those things. One of the first things she said to me when she came for the patch test was that she'd done a lot of research. So I imagine she's probably done what most people do when something's not right & googled the problem, probably coming across horror stories of glue getting in to the eyes. As far as I understand the girl she had booked in with hadn't done a patch test, so I'm glad I insisted on that. I really don't see how she could have got glue in her eyes, she wasn't a nervous client so eyes weren't twitching, although that's usually more of a problem for tinting. I never go right up to the lid, despite being told by a salon colleague that I should but that's not how I was taught to do it. I also think that part of the problem for her is that she had them done for a specific event (new Year) although she said she would consider ongoing upkeep (otherwise I would have recommended clusters!!), the result hasn't been what she had hoped for and she is disappointed.

I'll see what happens tomorrow, for any that she's lost I would be happy to replace for her free of charge as I can't prove the reason behind them falling out. I haven't offered that to her as she seems adamant she wants them removed. I'll discuss the options with her when she comes in and I'll phone the insurance company in the morning to see what they say. Thanks for all your help ladies xxxx

Whenever I have a new client, I make sure to talk about shedding cycles, and the fact that an average person sheds approximately five of their own lashes a day. When you are a new lasher, it is understandable that you might attach an extension to a lash that is in the last stages of growth just before it sheds as those ones are way easier to attach to. This being said, you have absolutely no control over when one of their lashes sheds. Be careful not to take responsibility for this and replace extensions. This will set you up for a very tiring precedent of replacing lost lashes for free.

Sounds like she's had a reaction to the glue/pad/tape. I wound up with conjunctivitis after a set of lashes once, it was a reaction to the glue. My eye was stinging a little during application, a lot after, and the next day it felt like I had something in it, and it was so red. I would remove for free, but not refund as she had no reaction to the patch test, and it doesn't sound like something you have done wrong. Also, it is common to lose a lot of lashes in the first set, as the natural lashes adjust to the extensions, and you try and work out the shedding cycle - it's impossible to know where they are up to.

Just a thought... Normally, if the person has had an operation in the area that is going to be treated, isn't it required to wait for 3 months - 2 years? Personally, I feel a bit unsure in this requirement as the time frame is very wide. Maybe (correct me if I'm wrong), considering this client has had contacts "sewn" in only 6 months ago, the op should have asked for doctors note? Maybe its something to do with this?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

She had the op in March, so it's been 9 months but she didn't actually tell me until she was on the couch!! My training manual states 3 months for laser eye surgery but personally I had never heard of it, she said that she had it done when she went home to Iran!! I did wonder if it had something to do with it and suggested it when I spoke to her yesterday but her response was no if that was the case it would have affected both eyes, it must have been glue in her eye!! I text her this morning and she said that her eye is better so she's going to continue with the drops for the next couple of days and then come and get them removed. I'll be taking them out and refunding, I just cannot be bothered to deal with the aggravation!! I spoke to my insurance company this morning and they said I'm not admitting liability if I refund, I just need to say that it's a good will gesture, put it in writing and let them have a copy.

She had the op in March, so it's been 9 months but she didn't actually tell me until she was on the couch!! My training manual states 3 months for laser eye surgery but personally I had never heard of it, she said that she had it done when she went home to Iran!! I did wonder if it had something to do with it and suggested it when I spoke to her yesterday but her response was no if that was the case it would have affected both eyes, it must have been glue in her eye!! I text her this morning and she said that her eye is better so she's going to continue with the drops for the next couple of days and then come and get them removed. I'll be taking them out and refunding, I just cannot be bothered to deal with the aggravation!! I spoke to my insurance company this morning and they said I'm not admitting liability if I refund, I just need to say that it's a good will gesture, put it in writing and let them have a copy.

Good to know xxx 3 months for laser but just (for your own peace of mind) keep in mind that sometimes you need up to 2 years to be able to receive any beauty treatments after an operation - be it eye or any other related, so to be on a safe side - I would ask for doctors note (this is how I have been taught in my beauty therapy & lash extension courses by different tutors). I don't know about you - but I have also included this on my consultation forms.

It is funny how many times I have had to argue (!!!) With clients asking them to remove their contact lenses. It's just so odd as it only takes seconds to take them out and up to 10 minutes to get them to do so. I've even purchased contact lense cases and solutions in case their argument is they don't have their own :o

This is just my advice so you don't have to take it if you don't want to :) also, you could double check this with your insurance just in case! :)

X

U am signed up to do an eyelash coursr next week. I already do clusters and the fumes can be strong. I'm worried about doing my semi permanent eyelashes now :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

U am signed up to do an eyelash coursr next week. I already do clusters and the fumes can be strong. I'm worried about doing my semi permanent eyelashes now :-(

Do not worry! You will not notice the fumes (just make sure you patch test your clients at least 24 h before). And leaving the clients for few minutes after the application will make most of the fumes to evaporate so they won't even notice. A good idea would be to have a set done on you just so you know what it feels like xxx

Thank you. I am hoping in the training we work on each other. I do have a lot of models lined up. How much does everyone charge to do a full set of eyelashes I don't know what to charge :-s. I charge £20 for cluster lashes.

Heyyy, I do 50 clients a week, and about 2 to 3 on average have the exact same blood shot in either just one or both eyes. Their irritated because of the eye pads or tape, or most the times the fumes from the glue when opening DURING treatment irritates the eye and makes it uncomfortable till the end when they open. Stinging after lashing is Normal, they just need to keep them closed for a little longer.

Eye drops help. Redness will dissapear any time from an hour to 3 days. Everyones sensitivity is different

If you got glue in her eye, she would seriously know about it! It would of burned there and then. She's over reacting, but her eye does prob feel a bit sore, but will pass! But no swelling, so she was not allergic. Just eyes are sensitive area.

Plus lashes look great for just starting :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Heyyy, I do 50 clients a week, and about 2 to 3 on average have the exact same blood shot in either just one or both eyes. Their irritated because of the eye pads or tape, or most the times the fumes from the glue when opening DURING treatment irritates the eye and makes it uncomfortable till the end when they open. Stinging after lashing is Normal, they just need to keep them closed for a little longer.

Eye drops help. Redness will dissapear any time from an hour to 3 days. Everyones sensitivity is different

If you got glue in her eye, she would seriously know about it! It would of burned there and then. She's over reacting, but her eye does prob feel a bit sore, but will pass! But no swelling, so she was not allergic. Just eyes are sensitive area.

Plus lashes look great for just starting :)

How much do you charge for lashes and maintanance?

And I don't think there is any need to remove them! Irritation will still be there with them gone. Unless lashes are digging into her eyes x

Good to know xxx 3 months for laser but just (for your own peace of mind) keep in mind that sometimes you need up to 2 years to be able to receive any beauty treatments after an operation - be it eye or any other related, so to be on a safe side - I would ask for doctors note (this is how I have been taught in my beauty therapy & lash extension courses by different tutors). I don't know about you - but I have also included this on my consultation forms.

It is funny how many times I have had to argue (!!!) With clients asking them to remove their contact lenses. It's just so odd as it only takes seconds to take them out and up to 10 minutes to get them to do so. I've even purchased contact lense cases and solutions in case their argument is they don't have their own :o

This is just my advice so you don't have to take it if you don't want to :) also, you could double check this with your insurance just in case! :)

X

Honestly that's just crazy, you'd think they would appreciate that you are a qualified and experienced technician and that it's in their best interest to do as you ask. People seriously astound me lol xxxx

The remover is very harsh if her eyes are sensitive due to surgery which i feel they could be even after 9 months! she had her eye ball stitched? thats harsh stuff.
I dont think its an allergic reaction, you didnt get glue in her eye or it would be stuck to it still no doubt and she would have jumped up and yelled at the time.

An inexperienced person such as herself would blame glue in eye, experienced lash techs or customers know the glue doesnt go near the eye ball or skin. So it could have been the fumes on her sensitive eye or there WAS one lash sticking down into her eyeball. And everyone knows if you get a teeny itch or sore in your eye it quickly turns into something that feels like glass and is unbearable the more you rub it.

Her blood shot eye will take up to a week to go, she should not have them removed unless she is in pain until a doctor has looked for a foreign body in her eye and then you MUST check with your insurance your ok to put remover on her eye. You need to get her to sign something letting you do this but dont touch her until any soreness has gone, as i say its harsh stuff and very runny.

I dont think you did anything wrong, although i cnat see if you left a couple of millimetres from the lash line or not, im presuming you did.

As for loosing them, her eyes will have watered and she will have been rubbing and cleaning and poking about where her sore is, fact!! so no refund there just tell her that happens if you do that. If its her other eye then maybe your at fault there but i wouldnt worry about that.

xx

Latest posts

Back