Eyelash Extensions (again)! Tips for applying to thick, curly lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
I have a wonderful client who follows all her aftercare and returns for infills every 2 weeks. She is a delight!

However, she has really long, thick, curly lashes but (like everyone else) wants them even longer and thicker.

I want to do such a good job for her but actually find her lashes really difficult.

Rather than one row of nice straight lashes, she has about 4 rows! Some are curly and some are not. I find isolating a lash a nightmare as there are always about 3 that grow from the same place. Also, because they are curly, I find it really awkward to stroke the glue along the lash. I tend to attach the extension to the side of these lashes but feel the bond is never quite right. With a straight lash, you can stroke the glue down the lash and place the extension on top but it's impossible with curlies!

I know that wasn't explained very well but experienced lashers will know what I mean (I hope)!!! I do my best for her but know myself that they're not quite right.

Any tips you can give me to help give this lovely client the lashes she deserves would be really appreciated.

Thank you xxxx

First thing I am going to say to you is JEALOUS! Im so envious that you are going to get your hands on lashes like that lol:lol:

Ok, what I would do with this lady is layer her lashes up to lash them row at a time. For example, prepare her and her lashes as normal. then, get a couple of bits of micropore tape and "detack" them a bit so not as sticky. Get a pair of straight tweezers, and kind of weave them aling the lash line to lift the top layer, kind of halving the thickness. Get your tape and stick the top row of lashes upto the eyelid, gently. Lash all the lashes that are loose. Carefully remove the tape, and lash the new layer.

Have fun, these sort of lashes are a treat to work on!

Thank You. I've practiced that tecnique of taping up the lashes a few times but felt it made the exposed lashes point upwards at an awkward angle. Maybe I was taping the lashes too high up?

Any hints for getting a good bond to the curly lashes? I use a C curl and you would think that attaching a curly lash to a curly lash would be easy! But I am definitely struggling with that as I find it impossible to "stroke" the extension over the natural lash as it is really curly. AArrrghhhhh!!

Just as I thought I was getting good. :irked: (Although I think part of the problem is that I am getting more self critical. Now that I am good, I want to be GREAT)........... Now!! LOL:lol:

I agree with Cabinkel....the isolation is definitely key!
If you find it difficult try taping the tape around a cocktail stick so that you create a "flag".....sticky side on sticky side but it gives you a "handle" so that you can separate the lashes that way.

Concerning th curl there isnt really anything else you can do to make it easier for the application unless you want to use a "straightener" or lash curl before to see if you can straighten the lashes a bit?

I agree with Cabinkel....the isolation is definitely key!
If you find it difficult try taping the tape around a cocktail stick so that you create a "flag".....sticky side on sticky side but it gives you a "handle" so that you can separate the lashes that way.

Concerning th curl there isnt really anything else you can do to make it easier for the application unless you want to use a "straightener" or lash curl before to see if you can straighten the lashes a bit?

Does anyone know where I can see a video or a picture of the "flag" technique mentioned above? I am also having problems isolating on very dense lashes. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can see a video or a picture of the "flag" technique mentioned above? I am also having problems isolating on very dense lashes. Thanks.

Hi Laineymac,
tbh i havent seen a video about that but feel free to give me a call and i can talk you through it ? hth :hug:

Thanks for that, I've got a better idea now from the photo. Going to give this a go at the weekend it looks really good.

Latest posts

Back