( EYELASH EXTENSIONS) information and tips please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade - portia

Reaction score
hey geeks ,

Im going to do my first eyelash extension course on the 26th,
im just trying to gather as much information and knowledge as i can before starting my course. im an aspiring beautican and want to train in all aspects of beauty. - first stop !! eyelash extensions. :)

Different curls available and what you would i use them for - ex- corner lashes ?

Is there different types and sizes of lashes/curls for pacific clients - ex - clients eye lash density - thin -medium -thick ?

Is there different strenghs of glues and why would i need different strenghs ?

Any useful information and tips would be much appreciated :)

thanks alot
jp

Hi, I passed an eyelash extension course at beginning of august (marvel lashes) thought it was excellent! It's fidley at 1st but I'm on my 10th set now and I'm getting quicker and finding it easier. With the lashes I buy them from sallys or capital I use salon system lashes and u can get all different lengths starting from 7mm going unto 15mm I find that 11mm are the most popular! Obviously everyone uses different products so everything's a bit different! Im getting on ok with the marvel lash glue but háve been recommended to use flirties extra strength glue apparently it's really good strong and fast drying! Good luck! Hope iv helped a little lol also I uploaded a pic of the lashes I did using those products if u wanted to look :) x

hey jazziepope , well done you for passing your course :)

bin a good few people on this site with good things to say about flirties. I have checked out the wow factor website .... can you tell me anything about the different curls used ex - j curls - d curls - ec

thanks
jp x

Hi ya hun have a look on the search itl take you a day to through it all!! But loads of fab info on EE - theres a recent post of best suppliers - you will find most people source things from different places - I get my lashes from lash base for example but use Flirties glue - which has got great reviews on here - I havnt used any different so cant compare. I trained using J curl but after my second set bought B and now only fill in for thickness really with J's - you will learn your own technique and style etc and it depends on clients eye shape to what will suit them best - your trainer should go through this with you - I will try find some good links for you

The other thing to consider is equipment - are you salon or mobile? - youll need a couch a stool/chair trolley to put equip on - will vary slightly depending on whether you are mobile or not to what youd need ie perhaps clip on light if mobile ... hope this helps some!! you will love it once youve got the hang of it!!:)

I am due to graduate on Thursday did my course a month ago.

I use on a young client inner eye J 8mm 0.20 middle C 10mm 0.20 end C 12mm 0.20

But on my mum who is 50 I used J curl as she wanted a natural look

As far as I am aware it goes J, B, C & D but I think there is also a new one I think L or something!

From what I've read on here not many use D as it's too curly, and that C on an older client is too much. That's what I've read on here or taken in lol!

Enjoy your course

X

@hayleyspraytan I've been having a good luck round and spent ages reading posts tonight :lol: @fake.it I saw your post of the 5th set you did... well done they looked great I hope mine look as good as yours.

I'll be looking through your poll hayley, I've noticed there can be some big differences in prices. It looks like lashes from lashbase are good value for money and I've read some good reviews on here :)

I'm really excited and looking forward to my course later this month but I understand that's just the start its practise, practise, practise afterwards :eek:

find a good glue that you are comfortable with using. have also a.non fumey sensitive glue.for those clients who need it.

j lashes are the eAsiest to use in my opinion. c curls are nice but only on.certain people.

don't expect too much at first. its fiddley and takes practice.

first thing.id say...make surrenders the bottom lashes are covered. Take your time with this. It might take a while at first..n but the ten minutes doing this will save you half hour panicking when someones eye is

Laahbase sell mixed length trays...great to start out.

Get Routine u like. Jot down what u use. Take pictures. Keep Diary to see how long lashes last. Have a clock.to time yourself but don't rush.

Don't let anyone put you down, practice practice and good luck xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

And ignore my clear spelling and grammar mistakes from my darling phone! :)

B lashes suit most people's lashes. I mainly use B's and C's. I never use J lashes-they're far too boring! Lol
I have D lashes but very rarely use them.
If clients have deep set eyes then it's usually better to use the same length all along.
If clients have quite protruding eyes then it's best to use shorter lashes with some longer lashes on the outer edge.
Get yourself a good glue. I've never had to use a sensitive glue with any of my clients as the glue I use has never caused a problem.
Practice with a slower setting glue but as soon as you speed up a bit then get a quicker setting glue.
I use mainly 0.15 and 0.20 thickness. There's not many lashes that can take a 0.25.
Be prepared to get very frustrated! It really is all about practice, practice and more practice.
I always use magnifying glasses as when I first started lashing I got a lot of headaches.
I use the magnifying glasses from Nouveau. They are quite pricey but are worth every penny.
Take before and after pics of every set and you'll be able to see how you are improving with each set.
Good luck on your course.

B lashes suit most people's lashes. I mainly use B's and C's. I never use J lashes-they're far too boring! Lol
I have D lashes but very rarely use them.
If clients have deep set eyes then it's usually better to use the same length all along.
If clients have quite protruding eyes then it's best to use shorter lashes with some longer lashes on the outer edge.
Get yourself a good glue. I've never had to use a sensitive glue with any of my clients as the glue I use has never caused a problem.
Practice with a slower setting glue but as soon as you speed up a bit then get a quicker setting glue.
I use mainly 0.15 and 0.20 thickness. There's not many lashes that can take a 0.25.
Be prepared to get very frustrated! It really is all about practice, practice and more practice.
I always use magnifying glasses as when I first started lashing I got a lot of headaches.
I use the magnifying glasses from Nouveau. They are quite pricey but are worth every penny.
Take before and after pics of every set and you'll be able to see how you are improving with each set.
Good luck on your course.

I rarely find myself.disagreeing but i.don't find j lashes boring. I get some good sets outter of mine x

I rarely find myself.disagreeing but i.don't find j lashes boring. I get some good sets outter of mine x

Ah but have you tried B lashes?
I trained with Nouveau and when I trained they only did J lashes so that's what I had in my kit and I used them to begin with. Me being me, I had to try all the other curls so bought some B's, C's and D's. I use mainly B's and C's now and I've never used J lashes since. Even if clients have quite straight lashes, B lashes are great and just give that bit of flick at the end :)

Angelina - what glue do you use? x
I am going to try some "b's" now :)

I use xflex from ABX Beauty.
Oh you will love the B's and a set with B's and C's mixed gives a lovely natural look.

Great thread I'm also wanting to train in EE and found this really useful, roughly how long do yours last?

Ah but have you tried B lashes?
I trained with Nouveau and when I trained they only did J lashes so that's what I had in my kit and I used them to begin with. Me being me, I had to try all the other curls so bought some B's, C's and D's. I use mainly B's and C's now and I've never used J lashes since. Even if clients have quite straight lashes, B lashes are great and just give that bit of flick at the end :)

Yeah of course. I admit i love a b curl but i think on some women a j looks good, i get a really nice effect with them. I've tried all except l lash and i think it depends on the client really. I frequently mix a c and b. X

I use xflex from ABX Beauty.
Oh you will love the B's and a set with B's and C's mixed gives a lovely natural look.

Great, thanks for the tip x:hug:x

I lash a friend of mine and Js look so glamorous on her. I do admit it's not for everyone as I use Js very rarely and too prefer Cs or Bs, but poor Js shouldn't be ruled out as they can still look fab too :) x

Latest posts

Back