Eyelash Extensions On Pregnant Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evissa

Reaction score
Ive been New Topic happy on here today...!

Basically Ive had a client of mine refer a friend who after I had spoken to and offered an appointment tomorrow afternoon for eyelash extensions told me she is 16 weeks pregnant and assumes the glue wont affect her... Ive told her Id like to check with my insurance in the morning and that Ill get back to her.

Im just wondering if any geeks know off the top of their heads if this will be covered by my insurance, which before I forget is with The Guild...?

Thanks in advance :) xx

Just wanted to answer my own question incase anybody is searching and had a similar one - Ive just spoken with The Guild and as long as the company I trained with supports lashing pregnant ladies then I am covered by them. Clients must be by their first trimester (12 weeks) and not have any history of miscarriage and have had a problem free pregnancy. Also you have to make sure they lie comfortably on the couch and not have them lying for too long.

I had a lady from 6 months until 3 weeks ago and she is around 8 months now. She has cancelled though as her midwife doesnt think it is a good idea her lying down for long periods of time. I dont know if that answers anything but previously she would start to get uncomfortable around 40 mins so I probably wouldnt take on that late on in their pregnancy again.

thanks for your reply eyespy :) it does help yes, i did say to her about lying for so long and thought that as shes 16 weeks we could maybe get round it using pillows to make her more comfortable. weve agreed on a half set to save her lying for too long and then maybe shorter top up appointments more frequently if this suits her :) xx

I spoke to my trainers about this one recently and was told I can't do anyone over 12 weeks. It's not so much the glue but the pressure on organs from lying on back x

it is a very good point, i was wondering if lying on their sides would work... i might actually get in touch with my trainer for more advice on this, thanks ilovelashes :) xx

I spoke to my trainers about this one recently and was told I can't do anyone over 12 weeks. It's not so much the glue but the pressure on organs from lying on back x

I do my friends lashes - she is 7months. I have since she was 14 wks (she went without from 0-12wks). She lies on her side with my body pillow as support and twists her head to side so her head is still positioned correctly for me. She actually says she is really comfy and if she isnt she sits up for a bit!

Emma x

thanks emma - thats the position i had in my head :) good to hear from fellow lashers who have lashed pregnant clients as well xx

thanks emma - thats the position i had in my head :) good to hear from fellow lashers who have lashed pregnant clients as well xx

Obviously not saying this is correct but many of my friends who have been preg andstill had spray tans/nail enhancements/lashes etc they say that they eat well, dont smoke do nothing bad they cant understand why lashes (glue shouldnt touch skin anyway) would do any harm (unless they become allergic which is not likely to happen although not impossible and my friend who i lash now who is7months she says that her midwife said no issues withlashing but that she probably wouldnt recommend her to have nail enhancemnts. However she doesnt believe there is any harm and still has them done.

Not saying this is my view but just another view to consider :)

My friend owns a salon and they spray tan loads of pregnant ladies. Im not a tanner so i guess its down to your insurance and if the client is happy?

I see no harm lashing aslong as client can be comfy and they are not allergic ie you have patch tested (and also ensured your insurance is fine!)

Exx

I was in the salon getting my lashes done 4 days before going into hospital to have my little boy!! I cant say it was fun with heart burn etc but I just had regular breaks so it took longer than usual but looking at the photos after giving birth I am very happy I had them done wearing no makeup!!! I would block out a longer appointment if your clients want them done or maybe do them on a massage chair.

Whilst i was pregnant i went mega sensitive to everything and couldn't even have my eyebrows waxed!

I do skin test prior to every client but i'm especially wary when the client is pregnant as i know how sensitive i was to EVERYTHING, i've only ever had one pregnant client who wanted lashes and her skin came up red and a little itchy where i has applied the glue :(

HTH

I trained with Nouveau and they state that you can't lash pregnant clients. If you have a reaction to the glue, which can happen at any time, then they can't have the medication that is needed because they are pregnant. Also it does get uncomfortable lying down for long periods although you can lash clients with the head of the bed up a bit, which is good for clients with a bad back.

During the whole of my last pregnancy and this one (im 5 months) and the only position that i find very comfy is lying on my back, i dont know if its because i am carrying small(ish) babies but i thinknit should be preference from the client too as its them paying you to do the treatment.

Laura x

If anything were to happen to the client/baby would u want it on your conscience? Personally i wouldnt take the risk despite how many pregnant clients have been sucessfully treated. At the end of the day its down to whether your insurance co will back u if it all goes horribly wrong so best to check with them x

Latest posts

Back