Eyelash Technicians - What to do if the eyelashes drop?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya,

One of my clients have just sent me a message saying that her lashes have dropped and she cant see properly?! I havent had this before so dont know what to do.

I done her lashes 2 weeks ago now - have her lashes grown which have made them drop? I know she has put mascara on them so maybe they are too heavy for her eyes?!

What would you do/advise in this case? Would you charge?xx

I would ask her to come in and let you see, if they are growing out and are pulling the natural lash down, you can take the ones cauing the problems out, around 2/3 weeks is normaly about the time for an infill, so you could even advise her of this, let her know that you would remove any lashes that are ready to come out, and fill any area's that have already shed and are neeeding filled, or if she isn't wanting to have them permentnaly and come in for her mailtenance appoointments, you could let her know what the cost is for a full removal, if it is just for a few to be taken out, have a price in mind for this as well, but it will be hard for you to know what is needed without seeing her first, but have 3 options/prices ready for her...infill £.....Full removal £.........taking out the few that seem to be falling, ready to fall £.........

Hopefully she will go for th infill and you can remove the ones needed and get her lashes looking their best again, good luck hth xx

My opinion is that they are too heavy. Do you not have thinner ones that could have been applied?

Her natural lashes could have taken them when they were first applied, but as they grow out if they were too heavy the would have definitely have weighed them down.

If this is the case then it's not client error I'm afraid. She shouldn't have to pay for them to be put right.

Although you could do an infill and just put thinner lashes in, and by the time all the others have fallen out and replaced the whole set would be thin lashes.

Thanks for your comments.

I did explain this risk to her when she had then done so surely this would be the clients fault?

Thanks for your comments.

I did explain this risk to her when she had then done so surely this would be the clients fault?

Yes it's a risk if she puts too much mascara on them (in my experience it needs to be a lot of mascara not just a top up), but no if you've put lashes on that are too heavy for the natural lashes. It's your job as the professional to make sure that you've tailored the treatment for her and chosen the correct lashes.

If you knew they were too heavy and she might have problems, then you shouldn't have done the treatment.

If the extensions are either too heavy or too long for the natural lash, this can cause them to "drop"

I always advise clients of the lash I think is suitable for them. However, you always get one who wants longer & thicker (don't we all) LOL!:lol:

For these clients, I would explain that I will do it but that they won't last as long and may drop or twist.

If you have explained this fully before application then the responsibility is on the client. If the lash tech has chosen the wrong lashes then I think they would need to resolve it.

Thankfully, most clients are happy to be advised and want the lashes that will last the longest/look most suitable.

I it was me and a client told me the lashes I applied were too heavy and obstructing their sight I would fix for free.

thank you all - i spoke to my client and she said its only 2 which have dropped so i have told her i will remove and reapply free of charge xx

thank you all - i spoke to my client and she said its only 2 which have dropped so i have told her i will remove and reapply free of charge xx

2 individual eyelashes??? My god, sometimes these clients overreact and make out like it's the whole set!!

Maybe you put them on lashes that weren't very long into their life cycle? Not strong enough to hold a lash. Just a though for when you do them again to focus on ones a bit further along in their life cycle.

OR maybe she knocked one of two in her sleep and they've bent that way? (I know that doesn't sound like a proper reason but I've had clients who've fiddled with theirs and you can bend / damage individual lashes)

If the extensions are either too heavy or too long for the natural lash, this can cause them to "drop"

I always advise clients of the lash I think is suitable for them. However, you always get one who wants longer & thicker (don't we all) LOL!:lol:

For these clients, I would explain that I will do it but that they won't last as long and may drop or twist.

If you have explained this fully before application then the responsibility is on the client. If the lash tech has chosen the wrong lashes then I think they would need to resolve it.

Thankfully, most clients are happy to be advised and want the lashes that will last the longest/look most suitable.

I completely agree with elliebee and normally I'll write my recommendation on the consultation form along with what they require if it's different x :)

Latest posts

Back