Eyeshadow on Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lusious30

Reaction score
Anyone else tried using eyeshadow on top of shellac? I've tried it with shimmery loose powders and it looks amazing!!! Then apply top coat to seal!

I have tried embossing powder and is probably quite similar, gorgeous finish!

Ooh thanks for the tip will give it a go :)

Yes It would be! I love it!

What do you apply it with and what kind of thing do you do with it? Sorry, I just can't imagine this but it sounds really interesting x

I used a make up brush but any would do. Dab on and blend in. I used 3 colours and the effect is similar to airbrushing. I blend darkest to light. Also marble it.

Any photos? Im really intrigued!

I'll get one tomorrow x

looking forward to seeing the pics xx

Sound so interesting... Please do us a favor and upload some photos. Thanks

I had thought about using embossing powder. Curious for a look as well!!

What do you apply it with and what kind of thing do you do with it? Sorry, I just can't imagine this but it sounds really interesting x

This sounds very much like what CND is going for in their new line called Additives. Many of us have been doing this already. The effect can be subtle or really bold, depending on your pigments and/or your technique.

You can do it a bunch of ways and with a variety of pigments. You can mix the pigment (eyeshadow) into a clear or almost clear polish like Gelish Simple Sheer or Shellac Clearly Pink and apply it, or you can do it like rockstar nails and scrub it into the tacky layer. You can use eyeshadow or even blush or foundation powders, but try using the base pigments, colour-morphing powders and micas from diy makeup companies like the Planetary or Sparks series from TKB Trading - Planetary Sampler or Sparks! Collection Or the Xirona collection from DIY Cosmetics - DIY Cosmetics - Search Results for "xirona"

If you want to look at a DIY site, tPF has quite a few excellent swatches of what can be done with pigments in SOG polishes - Pigments for SOG polishes - PurseForum

Here are a couple of pics on the wheel as don't have a client handy! Lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329987518.488723.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329987518.488723.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,516
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329987745.106762.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329987745.106762.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,472
I'm going to have to try this. I smashed my fave eyeshadow palette the other day and can't bring myself to throw it in the bin! I might not have to now :o)

Thanks! X

Does it give the same sort of effect as rock star? Or is it not as shiney xxx

Oh my god these are amazing!!!

No it's a lot more subtle than rock star.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330019311.496719.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330019311.496719.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 930
That is awesome loving your colour weel I'm going to give this a try for sure x

No it's a lot more subtle than rock star.

Ooooo I LOVE these!! Are the two colours both eye shadow or is that a Shellac base colour like Cocoa with eye shadow blended in?? This is a really gorgeous effect, am off to buy eye shadow tomorrow and redo mine!! (Am assuming any glittery/shimmery eye shadow will do?)

Latest posts

Back