EZflow Nails and Solar oil, should it cause lifting? A cry for help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyuk

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if you could possibly help me out?

Have just had to change Nail Techs as my original one has left the area unexpectedly who used creative products. I have just started seeing a new nail tech who is EZ flow trained. She is very good, doing all that my old nail tech did in regards to the prep work et al.

I seem to be having issues with the nails though, they are lifting at the sides, but not at the bottom of my nails. Originally we thought that this could be to do with the fact i was still using solar oil on my EZ flow nails, and this seems to have stopped a lot of the lifting.

Today my nails became brittle and snapped, and also I was able to pick off a few of the nails which had lifted a lot (do have to say i am a serial picker!)

My new nail tech said that It could be the fact that sometimes a new product takes a while to settle down, or that it could be i dont get on with EZ flow. ALthough she did say that this was unusal and had only happened to two of her clients in two years.

Was just wondering if Solar oil could have caused this, or weather or something else. Bottom line is that I have to find a product and nail tech soon as I am getting married in May.

Please can you help me out, as I feel like i am fighting a losing battle.

Thanks

Speaking as a creative tech, I would not have thought using solar oil with your ez flow enhancements would cause any problems, but maybe an ez flow tech would be better placed to help, hope you don't mind me asking but as a nail tech yourself, would you not be able to do your own nails, best advert for your own services etc.

dont know about anyone else but i use solar oil with ez flow and mine are ok , sorry i cant be of much help , xx

I did a few one-on-ones with an EZ flow tech a few years ago and I remember her telling me solar oil is only for solar nails (or the whole creative range I would assume) so I would try to get in EZ flow retail /homecare products too, its always better to stick with one system.

Wouldn't have thought it isthe solar oil, I use it and I dont get lifting. We use a different prep to creative, so maybe it is a prep problem?

I have used Solar Oil with EZFlow previously and have never had a problem with lifting. No offence but I would say that is most likely that the cuticle is not being removed from the side wall or product has touched the side wall at some stage during application.

Just to add I trained with Galaxy and we used Solar Oil all the time, never had problems with lifting.

I've used Solar Oil with EzFlow and not had lifting problems.
EzFlow prep is not the same as Creative prep regarding products and procedures.
It could be improper prep or application that is causing the lifting?
The oil recommended for EzFlow products is Essential Oil Plus.
hth

Have to say I can't really fault the prep, she is very through with it all.
They only seem to be lifting at the sides as well, and have become brittle today as well. I have kinda been able lift them off!!

thanks for all your help guys.

Also, just to add, my nail tech did say that sometimes people don't get on with certain products.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks

I have never had this problem, cuticle oil can be used with any systems, it's not something to only be used with Creative products.

One thing that does stick out to me, you say you are a serial picker, and was able to lift them off. The thing is, the more you keep picking off enhancements, the thinner the nail plate gets, then the harder it is to get anything to stay on them. Reason being, the nail plate is thin and very flexible, so the product will come away easily if you continue to pick off the product.

It could be that the tech isn't pressing her brush on the sidewalls enough which means the product isn't adhered properly as well, but if you say she is thorough in her prep and is good at applying the product, then it is more likely to be something you are doing i'm afraid.

Also, just to add, my nail tech did say that sometimes people don't get on with certain products.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks

Chances are if you got on with Creative, you should be fine with EZ Flow. I have only had a problem with a cheaper product, i trained with Star nails and become allergis to their monomer, but i am perfectly fine with Creative or EZ Flow.

It can happen, but it is rare.

Have to say I can't really fault the prep, she is very through with it all.
They only seem to be lifting at the sides as well, and have become brittle today as well. I have kinda been able lift them off!!

thanks for all your help guys.

Hiya ... when you say her prep is fine...can i just ask...how do you know this...? what i mean is....by having your nails done can you really tell how good someones prep is...are you qualified to make this assumption...?

I'm not saying her prep is not good...(dont know her or her work)....but lifting around the cuticle area can be due to prep, mix ratio, application and client interferal....

I do not think its anything to do with the oil. x

Another point to throw in the mix; I used to find when I fist did my nails after training was that I wasn't patting the product down at the sides properly, and that was were I got lifting.

I use both Creative and Ezflow, and I always use solar oil without any problems at all.

Hth :hug:

It does sound a bit as though it may be more to do with prep or technique than anything else. I don't think it's anything to do with the oil. x

Never had any problems with solar oil and EzFlow products hun, I use solar oil all the time.

sounds like she may be treating the cuticle area as "just around the base of the nail", possible not blending the acrylic in well enough around the sidewalls.
BTW: STOP PICKING :)

Thanks for all your help guys.

I appreciate it all. And I shall definatly try to stop picking.

Cheers
Amy
xxx
xxx
xxx

Latest posts

Back