Facebook Profile or group or fan page????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
I am wanting to get my business on facebook but I am a bit confused with the different options. I have read through all the old threads on this and am none the wiser lol!

What I want to be able to do is invite all my clients to join/be friends and hopefully then their friends will join or be friends. I also want any status updates I post to show up on their news feed ie. special offers and news.

I have just played around with it and the only way I can get the fan page is through my personal account and I can only invite my friends from this account to join. I do not want my clients as friends on my personal page lol!

But then I have read if you have a group you can invite anyone but the status updates don't show. Is that correct? If so that would be no good either :grr:

Or should I just set up a new profile for my business? Although I suspect this is not really allowed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :hug:

we have a facebook Nouvatan Spray Tanning | Facebook page and all the status updates show on live news feeds and status updates, a fellow geek RUTH MILLS set it up for us and we made all our trainers as admin its been a great tool for us contact her she will put you on the right track ... shes great at all the IT she stuff built our web site set up the online shop and she has designed a salon management system that is highly regarded by those in the know ;);)

I'm the same - None the wiser with this sort of thing! Check out my page on facebook - I don't have many fans but it's been hard to get it to people as you have to send invites to friends etc - I also notice that they want you to promote your page with an advert and this is good but you pay per click etc so it can be costly - To be truthful i'm not sure what the fuss is about with facebook and business promotion as I have not had clients from it but some geeks on here say they have had lots???

Lisa

I'm the same - None the wiser with this sort of thing! Check out my page on facebook - I don't have many fans but it's been hard to get it to people as you have to send invites to friends etc - I also notice that they want you to promote your page with an advert and this is good but you pay per click etc so it can be costly - To be truthful i'm not sure what the fuss is about with facebook and business promotion as I have not had clients from it but some geeks on here say they have had lots???

Lisa
we dont get any NEW!! business from our face book page but we do manage to put therapists and customers together through it, we post offers and discounts on the facebook page,
when Ruth set it up to be honest i thought it was a bit pointless but now i realise its a great marketing tool for us and our solution users

Thanks guys, sorry for the late response forgot I had posted this :o

Anyone else?

I started a group & a fan page for my salon back in November but more peeps joined the page so haven't really bothered with the group & now just concentrate on my page.

For the past couple of months I have worked on it A LOT & a few of you on here are fans so would know what i mean. Because I've taken the time & trouble to work on it, I have gained lots of new clients & made quite a bit of money I wouldn't have had otherwise :D. In a month it's brought in about an extra 18 clients! I should get a similar amount, if not more, of new clients this month as well

For my children's pamper party business I have a profile page & although I don't spend as much time on this, I have still got bookings from it :D

For me Facebook has been a fantastic result, but like anything, you need to work at it.

It's no good just starting a page & then do nothing with it. And then wonder why you're getting no business from it.

Hi, Please can you tell me the difference between a group and a page? Thanks

Me to. I could really do with the idiots guide to this. I dont want to know who's chicken has laid an egg etc so please help!!!! x

find a business page on facebook, then scroll right to the bottom.. on the left of the screan is an option "create a page for my business"

Ive got over 50 fans now, and have got customers from it, so well worth it, dont pay for the extra advertising, just network.. update your fans with special offers, or if you have a quiet day.. post on there and say first people to reply to this post can come have a treatment at half price or some thing.. bring them into salon when ur quiet.

this is my facebook page if you want to become fans or just nose :Dhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Gillingham-United-Kingdom/FizzyMelon-Nails/116816178345040

This is what facebook has to say:

Since groups look similar to Facebook Pages, what’s the difference between them?
Groups and Pages serve different purposes on Facebook. Groups are mean...
Groups and Pages serve different purposes on Facebook. Groups are meant to foster group discussion around a particular topic area while Pages allow entities such as public figures and organizations to broadcast information to their fans. Only the authorized representative of the entity can run a Page.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!! xx

find a business page on facebook, then scroll right to the bottom.. on the left of the screan is an option "create a page for my business"

Ive got over 50 fans now, and have got customers from it, so well worth it, dont pay for the extra advertising, just network.. update your fans with special offers, or if you have a quiet day.. post on there and say first people to reply to this post can come have a treatment at half price or some thing.. bring them into salon when ur quiet.

Thanks for that. So I have worked out I definately need a page and have set one up but it appears I can only invite my friends to become fans. Can I not invite my clients who are NOT my friends on facebook? Really don't want my clients as friends of my personal page!

Thanks Blue Rose and everyone for the clarification between the two.

Thanks for that. So I have worked out I definately need a page and have set one up but it appears I can only invite my friends to become fans. Can I not invite my clients who are NOT my friends on facebook? Really don't want my clients as friends of my personal page!
good point lets hope someone knows

I can't find the answer anywhere on the facebook site so am guessing you can't invite random people to join. I will just have to tell all my clients about it and see if they join up as I don't want them to be friends.

Has anyone got any hints or tips about what to do with a facebook page?

I haven't done this so it may not work but can you not just e-mail them the website address for your fan page then when they click onto the page can they click on the become a fan button?

If you have a page then you can't randomly add people, you have to wait for them to 'like' you. But, there are a few ways you can encourage your existing likers to get you more likers.

To randomly add people, you'd need to set your business name up as a person profile if that makes sense.

If you have a page then you can't randomly add people, you have to wait for them to 'like' you. But, there are a few ways you can encourage your existing likers to get you more likers.

To randomly add people, you'd need to set your business name up as a person profile if that makes sense.

Thanks I did try that but it wasn't accepted. I don't think it is really allowed! What would encourage my existing likers to get me more likers?

The Beauty Shed - that is a great idea, why didn't I think of that doh!!

Thanks I did try that but it wasn't accepted. I don't think it is really allowed! What would encourage my existing likers to get me more likers?

The Beauty Shed - that is a great idea, why didn't I think of that doh!!

Strictly speaking you aren't but loads of people do it & I have done this for my children's pamper party profile. You may have to tweak your name slightly, for eg I couldn't have Sparkle and Glitz, so am just Sparkle Glitz.

Competitions are a good way of getting more likers.

Latest posts

Back