Facebook rating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah one of my competitors left me one star. Complete sabotage considering I had all 5 stars and then all of a sudden it dropped.
This one is rude but I kind of get it. What would you say if your MIL gave you 3?! This happened to my friend. I don't do rating at all as there's no control over it (accidental and sabotage ratings).

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah one of my competitors left me one star. Complete sabotage considering I had all 5 stars and then all of a sudden it dropped. I was able to click on it and see who had made it drop to see a girl that I knew, who recently qualified as an extensionist rated me 1 star! So rude but it just shows that she was maybe threatened because my work looked better than hers! I would never stoop that low. Particularly because when she qualified I messaged her wishing her all the luck in the world!

How mature of her! How were you able to see who rated you?

How do I remove the review option on my page? It's so naughty that it's so easy to do without realising, especially as it's peoples reputations that could be ruined because of an accidental click!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do I get the star ratings on my page? X

I found that I couldn't see the ratings when on my pages manager but could see them when I looked at the page from my personal Facebook, if that makes sense... I just removed my address from my page and the reviews function has gone :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you go in threw your internet not the app the person (ur mum) can delete her rating or up it. I did this to one of my competitors and noticed right away so deleted it as you don't get notifications when ratings left xx

I know what you mean, I was raging when I noticed my stars dropped to 4.5 because 2 people have given me a 1 or 2 star rating, but it wont let me see who, or what they have said! Really annoying...

How can you see who gave you what rating?

I didn't realise you could remove it. My stepmom left a 3 star rating before I'd even started working properly lol. Hoping it was by mistake!

Iv actually decided I'm going to delete all my pages and personal account on Facebook and get a really good professional website. I haven't gained any clients from Facebook and can't be bothered with all the crap you get on there! X

The ratings/review element of business pages is causing a great deal of attention at the moment. Even on the Facebook groups people are not happy that you cannot manage the outcome. Some pages have been reviewed by trolls and they are damaging business.

You could at one point take the reviews off or delete false reviews but that no longer seems possible. Some have taken out their addresses to remove the stars/reviews but they soon return when you next update, or so I've been told.

I believe in reviews but they have to be honest. We can't please all the people all the time and as a professional you really don't want to be commenting to put your point across as it can put you in a bad light. So these reviewers can get away with all sorts.

We have taken the decision to close our business page down because:

1) It doesn't reach our target market.
2) FB have realised they can earn from promoting and advertising business pages, so have made it harder for you to reach customers for free. We won't pay just to increase our likers. There is no point in having 1000 likers if they are not bringing revenue to your business or interacting with your page. In our opinion.
3) We can promote better through emails, website.
4) FB is saturated with hair and beauty pages.
5) FB is not what it used to be for business.
6) We could go on but you get the gist of it.

I would also shut down my personal page but I belong to some great networking groups and I enjoy interacting this way.

Debbie

Last edited:
I do not own/work at a salon but I know that you can in fact reach quite a lot of your target audience. Facebook is constantly improving it's targeting algorhythm and why not take advantage of all those millions of people online? Sure, it depends on your location but even smaller cities here in Europe do a great job at getting customers from Facebook and other social media channels.
I agree that there are a lot of hair&beauty pages up and running but I bet most of them aren't bringing any real value to their followers/fans. Social media is hard work and you really have to create good, quality content which people can use and learn from. If you're already doing that on your webpage, why not promote it and show it to thousands of people who are interested in stuff like that.

You should also try Pinterest, since it's more beauty oriented and nice pictures of your work (whether nails or hair) can become viral with almost no effort - just nice lighting, a cool photo filter and a nice DIY tip with it. Success guaranteed! :)

Twitter is also amazing but thats a bit offtopic ... If anyone is interested in social media, we can open up a new thread. :)

The ratings/review element of business pages is causing a great deal of attention at the moment. Even on the Facebook groups people are not happy that you cannot manage the outcome. Some pages have been reviewed by trolls and they are damaging business.

You could at one point take the reviews off or delete false reviews but that no longer seems possible. Some have taken out their addresses to remove the stars/reviews but they soon return when you next update, or so I've been told.

I believe in reviews but they have to be honest. We can't please all the people all the time and as a professional you really don't want to be commenting to put your point across as it can put you in a bad light. So these reviewers can get away with all sorts.

We have taken the decision to close our business page down because:

1) It doesn't reach our target market.
2) FB have realised they can earn from promoting and advertising business pages, so have made it harder for you to reach customers for free. We won't pay just to increase our likers. There is no point in having 1000 likers if they are not bringing revenue to your business or interacting with your page. In our opinion.
3) We can promote better through emails, website and gappt app.
4) FB is saturated with hair and beauty pages.
5) FB is not what it used to be for business.
6) We could go on but you get the gist of it.

I would also shut down my personal page but I belong to some great networking groups and I enjoy interacting this way.

Debbie

Hi Debbie could you tell me more about the gappt? Just had a quick look and looks really affective, do you need it on a computer base to use the app?
Thankyou

I have recently had my 5 star rating drop to 4 and when I hovered over the stars it showed three 1 star ratings but no reviews showing for them :( all my visible reviews are 5 star so I think someone has done them anonymously to harm my score. I decided to remove the review section altogether which is a shame as the reviews that I had were fabulous! Facebook need to sort this out and start helping businesses instead of hindering them (I have sent a complaint to them).

I have recently had my 5 star rating drop to 4 and when I hovered over the stars it showed three 1 star ratings but no reviews showing for them :( all my visible reviews are 5 star so I think someone has done them anonymously to harm my score. I decided to remove the review section altogether which is a shame as the reviews that I had were fabulous! Facebook need to sort this out and start helping businesses instead of hindering them (I have sent a complaint to them).

Can I ask how you removed them. We removed ours but they came back up including a troll comment.

When you look at the admin or public tabs it shows different reviews, some hidden some not. If you log out of FB and look at your page sometimes they still show.

Debbie

Hi Alex

I will email you some info later today. I have a busy morning. Hope ok.

Debbie

I have sent you a message Alex.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back