Facebook rating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to be careful with touchscreen phones!

I rated a local business that I go to by mistake just by touching the wrong place on my phone! Luckily it was a 5 I rated it, but that could have been embarrassing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

1) It doesn't reach our target market.
2) FB have realised they can earn from promoting and advertising business pages, so have made it harder for you to reach customers for free.
Well it does reach when you pay though and that's what I use fb for as I find it the cheapest way of advertising. I don't have 1000s of followers but many of those that I gained through the advert became my clients, also they like to communicate with me on fb (they send fb msg from their phone even though they have my number! I find it funny). I know fb is going down and heard there's something new and big coming to replace it but I would't delete this page just yet... No reviews though! :D

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can counteract trolls & lows by replying by leaving your own review... again and again lol! Its so daft, I get asked to review pages I once looked at months ago?? You should only be able to review if you 'like' the page at least

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah one of my competitors left me one star. Complete sabotage considering I had all 5 stars and then all of a sudden it dropped. I was able to click on it and see who had made it drop to see a girl that I knew, who recently qualified as an extensionist rated me 1 star! So rude but it just shows that she was maybe threatened because my work looked better than hers! I would never stoop that low. Particularly because when she qualified I messaged her wishing her all the luck in the world!

How did you find out who it was. I have a few bad ratings (rest 5s) and im pretty sure I know who made them - jealousy is an evil thing and I personally couldnt do something like that, im getting in a bit and dont have time for all that kind of nonsense but I would like to find out if my suspicions were true.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really can't see a huge value in Facebook pages for salons. Unless you routinely get all your clients to like your page, it doesn't seem to do too much. I don't really get the whole 'like swapping' thing on here. If I like a beauty page miles away from me, how does it benefit them?
Facebook, twitter et al seem to be primarily sites for marketing nowadays. Real content is getting hard to find. It's all adverts and games.

I agree that 'like swapping' is a bit pointless, I can understand it for people who offer a national or international service but, if you don't I don't see the point. I do have friends and family likers from all over the world though, but that's purely for support.

However, I think Facebook is an excellent tool for business! Its a place where you can show off pictures of your work and interact with new and existing clients and best of all, its free (unless you pay for advertising). I don't know of any other way to create such a massive 'advertisement' for your business.

I have an advert running at the mo on there and its costing me nothing (I went through the create an ad thing and quit right before I was due to pay as I was dubious about the cost and what it would actually achieve - a few days later Facebook emailed saying they'd 'noticed' I hadn't finished and gave me a £25 voucher to use! Bonus!). Its gained me 60+ likes, all from the criteria I set (age, hobbies, interests etc) and, although I've only had a few enquiries/appointments from it, my name is out there and its showing on peoples news feeds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with princessamie - of course it depends where you are but for me it works - I'm new in small community and it's important for me to get my name out there and show my work. I do boost posts as the cost is nothing if compare to advert in local newspaper and I get clients from it, also regular ones. Also every time I boost I get new likes which might turn into appointments and that's for as little as a fiver. It's about your name sticking to their minds so when they need a service they automaticaly think of you. Swapping likes - it's useful when you've just started your page as 15 doesn't look good but in a long run pointless indeed :)

The way Facebook controls who actually sees your posts, status updates photos is a nightmare.

What's the point in having 650 likes if only 40 people see your posts because they have a strangle-hold on them.

I use it and have gained clients but have also had a LOT of clients I'd rather not have, i.e. messers and timewasters.

I don't believe it's the good for business unless I'm doing something wrong so any tips appreciated. :)

You may be interested in reading this in Forbes magazine...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/elandek...es-are-a-bad-investment-for-small-businesses/

Last edited:
Iv had a local stylist who messed up my hair (she didn't know I was a stylist at the time) leave neg feedback
She had never seen my work never mind being a client,
Really really pissed me off as the rest of my ratings are 5* but apparently they can rate you privately as I can't see hers on my pg
Very odd

What's the point in having 650 likes if only 40 people see your posts because they have a strangle-hold on them.
I keep an eye on it as I've read about this new fb policy but my not boosted posts are still seen by a vast majority of my likers for some reason (?).

Bloody annoys the hell out of me. I've found a way to get rid of the reviews. It annoys me that FB allows any Tom, Dick and Harry to review your business when they've never set foot in the place!

Debbie

Iv had a local stylist who messed up my hair (she didn't know I was a stylist at the time) leave neg feedback
She had never seen my work never mind being a client,
Really really pissed me off as the rest of my ratings are 5* but apparently they can rate you privately as I can't see hers on my pg
Very odd

If there privacy settings are in place then they remain anonymous!

Debbie

If there privacy settings are in place then they remain anonymous!

Debbie

Yea it's a bit crap
Iv got a business pg and a (personal) business pg where I can have friends I have more control on that one but I do feel Iv got nothing to hide on the other one so kept that just now
That wee lassie just pissed me off
Jealous wee beep

The way Facebook controls who actually sees your posts, status updates photos is a nightmare.

I use it and have gained clients but have also had a LOT of clients I'd rather not have, i.e. messers and timewasters.

I don't believe it's the good for business unless I'm doing something wrong so any tips appreciated. :)

You may be interested in reading this in Forbes magazine...

Facebook Pages Are a Bad Investment for Small Businesses - Forbes

What a good read, thank you for sharing Lisa and just confirms what I suspected.:grr:

Latest posts

Back