Facebook wars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
You may have seen my last post about my client who was always late that I ultimately told I could not do them anymore. Anyway, today she has posted on facebook that I "sacked" her, and having laughs between her and her mates about it and then recently one of her friends that came ONCE with her is saying "glad I sacked her first" and slating me. I would love to reply to and say "glad to see everyone's being so grown up about this. The reason I decided to no longer do XX's *hair* is because she constantly showed up late to appointments and was affecting my business, I am sure any of you in my situation would have done the same" or should I just leave it? I feel infuriated! Sorry for my hundreds of posts recently! xx

Her friend did not "sack" me but I sat there correcting said friend's last treatment which took a whole HOUR and did not charge her for it! I know more fool me but I was just being nice and helping her out x

Gosh they really sound like they're back in the playground.

I'd leave it...can you set Facebook so you don't see these posts? Hold your head high and ignore them.

I know, it really is so sad and pathetic. I haven't replied and I don't think I will. I think I'll just remove her! About time they grew up huh? x

Don't get involved.

The damage you could do to your businesses reputation would be far worse getting into a slanging match on the internet, than it would letting a coven of witches make unsubstantiated claims about you.

In reality very few people are seeing those posts- easier said than done, but just ignore it.

Think of yourself as a business, rather than an individual.

Thank you Verve! I suppose just delete her from facebook but it is so infuriating the fact that she never had a problem with me when she kept me waiting 30+ minutes! Oh well, I need to get over it hehe! Thanks for your replies xx

Thank you Verve! I suppose just delete her from facebook but it is so infuriating the fact that she never had a problem with me when she kept me waiting 30+ minutes! Oh well, I need to get over it hehe! Thanks for your replies xx

No worries- just ignore it. People aren't daft, they know to take Facebook whinging with a pinch of salt. Getting involved can only make it worse.... :)

Delete her from facebook and move on. She sounds very petty and hiding behind her keyboard!

Oh bless you, i hate when people do things like that. She is probably just embarrassed and this is her way of dealing with it. Hold your head high and ignore her. Block her from your page if you can and focus on your more appreciative clients :) xx

just see it as 'good riddance to bad rubbish' move on. Look forward to those nice appreciative clients that won't mess you about.

Delete her and block her! People really are pathetic! xxx

Hi just delete her from Facebook and block her it's simple as that.

Uh that's terrible, you can't put up with lateness like that! 5-10 mins is the max I wait! Your time is better served with your loyal, reliable clients that have respect for your service. I wouldn't reply to the message AT ALL and just delete and block her because I saw this kind of thing happen to a salon in my area. Oh and no one apart from her 2-3 friends will know what shes on about anyway, so I doubt anyone will even take a second glance at it going down their newsfeed!
The more the salon owner replied to the negative message, the more the client's friends gave negative and positive feedback which made the post THE MOST popular post (164 comments) in our entire area for a week!! It kept showing up in my news feed and I wasn't even friends with the woman on Facebook!! Poor woman!

For every person that is laughing along, there are probably two people that think she and her friends are completely pathetic and should return to the playground. Ignore it, they probably have the attention span of Labradors and will forget about it as soon as one of them updates their status to how "totes amaze" something is. Social media is a double edged sword!! Chin up xx

Latest posts

Back