Facial steroid swelling - facial required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
I have got a client that has booked in with me for a eyebrow shape and basic facial.

She has swelling on her face as she is taking steroids for rhuematoid arthritis (sp).

I have told the client that I will tweeze the brows in order to err on the side of caution incase there is any thinning of the skin. With regards to the facial she wants a basic facial so that she can have a decent cleanse.

I was going to do a cleanse, tone, gentle exfoliation, masque and moisturise. I have checked the patient leaflet for the medication and there doesn't seem to be anything in it which suggests that the facial would be a problem.

Would everyone agree that it would be okay to go ahead with these two treatments? Thanks for opinions.

just to be on the safe side i would ask for a letter from her gp. You can never be too safe!xx

I have got a client that has booked in with me for a eyebrow shape and basic facial.

She has swelling on her face as she is taking steroids for rhuematoid arthritis (sp).

I have told the client that I will tweeze the brows in order to err on the side of caution incase there is any thinning of the skin. With regards to the facial she wants a basic facial so that she can have a decent cleanse.

I was going to do a cleanse, tone, gentle exfoliation, masque and moisturise. I have checked the patient leaflet for the medication and there doesn't seem to be anything in it which suggests that the facial would be a problem.

Would everyone agree that it would be okay to go ahead with these two treatments? Thanks for opinions.

if this is all over its called 'moon face' - typical side effect of continued steroid usage. specific area swelling i would be concerned about.
you have a diploma in beauty from your profile and have the knowledge and skills needed to make a decision.i'm sure getting a gp letter would be unnecessary?

Latest posts

Back