Facial Waxing - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickles01

Reaction score
Hello - am hoping someone can help me :confused:

I've had a client for a chin area/upper lip wax. (I use hot wax). The lip wax was fine no probs - however I kinda got confused around the chin area! Im newly qualified - so not hugely experienced.
My client had a some downy hair (light in colour) and quite a lot of coarser black hairs on chin area- (the kind that we gals get at a certain age!) The client wanted just the coarse hairs waxed away - however the chin area was really a combination of the two

I carried out the treatment to the best of my abiliity - removing coarse hairs and some of the downy ones too (impossible not to!) However I'm now concerned that she may be a bit patchy! If that makes sense? As I did not wax whole chin - as hair continued under chin and felt would end up having to do a whole face wax.

Any comments/advice really appreciated!! I can't stop worrying and she was such a lovely lady!!

Many thanks.

If the client has a combination of coarse hair (terminal) and downy hair (vellus), then I would remove the entire area where the coarse hair is and then blend into the downy hair.

So.....apply wax to remove the dark hair. Then take a wax strip and dab small amounts of strip wax over the bottom half. Make sure there isn't much wax at all. Then randomly remove the vellus hair from where there is no hair (where you remove the dark hair). The aim is that the edges are blurred and blend in. so there's no definate line.

If I haven't explained this very well, just tell me and I'll try again. xxx

hiya

stop panicking you have done nothing wrong, as you did everything the client wanted, I understand the comment about blending but that is somthing that comes with pratice and experience. As long as you explain everything you do to ur client and they check after all work has been carried out and you have asked if they are happy then u are doing the 100% right thing and by doing this everytime it means you should have nothing to worry about after ur client has left as she has given you confirmation that she is happy with the treatment.

I would have waxed the worst area as a whole the plucked any randam course hairs in the surrounding area.

Jo x:lol:

Hi, i think you've done just fine too. Blending is a great skill to work on, particuarly if they are quite hairy on the face generally. Another thing I find is that hot wax is good to use when you have coarse hair to remove but don't want to remove too much downy hair...

Latest posts

Back