Facial waxing and facials. Which order?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
I always thought that facial was done first and then the waxing. But I'm going through my aftercare sheets and on the facial one it says no hair removal. Hmmmmmmm what do you do?
Many thanks
X

I do it afterwards xxx :)

i would do it afterwards too :)

Sorry to be a numpty. So do you mean you do the facial first or the waxing first?

Facial first. It will cleanse the skin and avoid any skin irritation than if you were to do it the other way round :)

I'm very confused now as my nvq2 beauty therapy book states no hair removal should take place after a facial. X

We do brow waxing (along with lash and brow tinting) while the gommage exfoliant is drying, so after cleansing. Then we go on to do the rest of the facial.

x

I wouldn't recommend having the treatments done together but if that's what the client wants I would do the facial first. You don't really want to be putting products on over freshly waxed areas. Hths.x

Personally I wont do them within 24hrs of each other, its how I was taught.

I think you'd ruin the relaxing effect of the facial if you started waxing straight afterwards.

Karaxxx

I would do the facial then the waxing :)

I would prefer to do them in seperate appointments but if it wasn't possible then I would do the facial first.

If I was going to be using an AHA exfoliator in the treatment then I wouldn't wax over that area at all.

It's not ideal but I would do the facial first x

Latest posts

Back