Fake Bake 60 minute-no colour complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
My therapist done a 60minute spray tan yesterday, the client left it on for two hours and called asking for a refund as the couloir hasn't come up/ it wasn't really noticeable. She said it come out on her face but not on her body, although she said she had a little bit of a knicker line but not a lot.

I wondered if anyone could help or advise what could of happened? Has this happened to anyone before with the 60min before? As I have used the retail on at home and find sometimes it doesn't come out that dark whereas other times it will- despite leaving on for the same amount of time. She said she didn't have any moisturiser on the skin.

also do you think I dear with this situation ok- she straight away said she wanted a refund and I apologised and said we don't usually do refunds (as it's still product and time used) i said she can come in today and I will re spray her or give her some 60minute retail solution for free. She was going away for a wedding and didn't have time to come for the tan. She kept insisting about a refund and was being quite rude, in the end I said I will do a refund over the phone but as she was somewhere else having a pedicure she didn't want to give her details. So I offered to send her a gift voucher to the total amount of the tan (as she said she doesn't get many spray tans) and I also said if she wanted to come for another tan free of charge another time as well as a voucher she could.

What would you do in this situation- especially as I hadn't seen the tan and had to take her word for it- would you give refund? Was a voucher a good thing to do?

I think you're way too generous. Your first solution, of a re-do or free retail item was perfect. I would have asked her to come in first though.

I would have definitely asked her to come in!!

The Fake Bake 60 min tan is definitely lighter than the original tan.
You just can't win with some people- sounds like you've gone above and beyond too.

This is what I tell my clients
When you shower it nay look like you have no tan as it still takes 8 hours to develop, so will always look darker the next morning.

2hours = glow
3 hours = light tan
4hours = same colour as original

Hope this helps - just as a note I love 60 min and so do my clients, I use this more than original during the summer months.

So weird I've just seen this... I've literally just put 60 minute on [emoji23] I've only had it on 13 minutes and I already have a glow... [emoji53]

So weird I've just seen this... I've literally just put 60 minute on [emoji23] I've only had it on 13 minutes and I already have a glow... [emoji53]

Do you mean you have washed it of after 13 minutes and have a glow?

Do you mean you have washed it of after 13 minutes and have a glow?
Haha no, I noticed a colour change after having it on for 13 minutes although saying that I now think it's complete rubbish as I kept it on for 3 hours and then took a shower and I wasn't as brown as it said I would be

Haha no, I noticed a colour change after having it on for 13 minutes although saying that I now think it's complete rubbish as I kept it on for 3 hours and then took a shower and I wasn't as brown as it said I would be

Lol oh right yea I'm not too sure about it I loved it at first but doesn't go that dark and this Time after using it, it hasn't taken that well to my lower legs when usually it does.

The 60 minute tan need to be washed off after a maximum of 3 hours and the guide colour will wash away, the water activates another ingredient in the tan so that it keeps working for the next 24 hours.

When you wash it off the full colour will wash off and look like there's no tan, once the water activates it it will start rapidly tanning for upto 24hours, however it only rand to how you'd naturally tan on holidays.

Latest posts

Back