Fake Bake Rant.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gem81

Reaction score
I am so frustrated, upset and let down generally by fake bake's shockingly bad customer service and complete lack of customer service. I invested a huge amount of money in a fake bake pod. The first issue when I bought it was lack of liquid. The next issue was the liquid wouldn't take to the skin. Next issue was the duck valve in my gun not functioning. Now, my tent tore like paper and last week fake bake customer services promised me faithfully the tents would be in stock this week. So I phone today and guess what it's going to be another fortnight. Do you know what the customer service advisors advice was when I grumbled about my loss of earnings? She told me to buy a pop up tent. I'm so cross I'm spitting teeth. How can you not have something SO important in stock at ALL times?!?! And the customer service advisors do not give a flying doo dah. I've had it now. My brand new pod is going on eBay minus one tent and I'm taking my (what was once healthy) business elsewhere. Stuff you fake bake. :irked:

Exactly! Their service is rubbish. Totally agree with you hun! I cannot stand Fake Bake!!
Can you not ask for a refund and go with a better company?

Have you tried escalating this?
I tend to make a nuisance of myself (surely not, I hear you cry!) until I get a resolution.

I already have complained, and the assistant at the end of the phone just goes silent. Honestly! Totally and completely silent!!! All she says is that she can put a tent on back order, that's no use to me as I will just be parting with cash for nothing and tbh thanks to fake bake I really cannot afford to do that now! The way it's going I'm not even going to be able to afford a tent at all! I feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall with them the whole time. :Scared:

this isn't the 1st time i've heard bad stuff about fake bake! it makes me so thankful i chose a company like sienna who i have heard no complaints about :D i think big companies get to a point where they think they are untouchable and forget about the people who put them in the position they are in. tut tut. never ever ever a good thing.

i honestly hope you manage to get something sorted out soon and they you don't end up loosing too much.

x

I've also heard a lot of bad things about Fake Bake customer service which is worrying now I'm starting to get quite busy with it and getting orders

I'm not wanting fake bake to make me look bad when their orders dont arrive.

I have been thinking to change brands because of this but all my customers have loved their tan and the samples I have.

I've been waiting since 2009 for my online login!!!!! good job i've had a baby in that time so not been in a major rush for it until now!!!

I have had a brilliant service from fakebake! Ok I had to chase them up with 3 phone calls and 2 emails for my online log in, but when my tent arrived with a rip, they swiftly arranged collection and sent me another! My order that was quoted 3-5 working days turned up after 2! I'm sure every business has their problems and there is always some level of human error in any company! The only time I've heard of problems is after shows when they run out of stock occasionally! I'm happy with them for now x

I already have complained, and the assistant at the end of the phone just goes silent. Honestly! Totally and completely silent!!! All she says is that she can put a tent on back order, that's no use to me as I will just be parting with cash for nothing and tbh thanks to fake bake I really cannot afford to do that now! The way it's going I'm not even going to be able to afford a tent at all! I feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall with them the whole time. :Scared:

There is never any point in just complaining on the phone it is too easily ignored!
Put it in writing to the Head of the Business, that will have more effect.

I know I said this to you last week but there are better solutions and companies with real customer service out there! I used Fake Bake for 3 and a half years and never once felt valued! Seems there stock situation just gets worse! Hope you find a company that values your business!:biggrin:

i think I'm abit of a moaner in situations like this!

as said send a very opinionated letter and email and maybe even a few more phone calls! think of all the customers they have and if they send them all a riped tent then tell them to go buy another one as they are out of stock think of all the money they'll make! like my mum says if tesco overcharge every customer 10p they'd be multi millionaires! Dont let them get away with it!
id request that they should return the full kit you bought and give you your full money back including VAT and postage!

how long have you had it for? because by law if it is broken they HAVE to give you your money back (not a voucher or credit note) without proof of purchase! give them a good telling off! haha i would your the one thats loosing out at the end of the day! x

We use fake bake in the salon and the company and my rep are crap. They never have stock. Decide on the day if you have to pay upfront. And charge you to put stuff on back order. I'll be changing brands this year!!!!!

I have to agree that their customer service is a load of rubbish and I am a low end user, can't imagine what it will be like when my business really starts to take off!! However, I do love the product.......I guess it's just a love, hate relationship! :Love:

I rang Fake Bake as I was considering stocking it. The lady on the phone was not helpful at all!! So that has put me off. I will be staying with St Tropez.. Never had any problems with them :o) xx

Taken from the Geek Commandments:

2 - Thou shalt not use thy forum to troll.

This is not the place to bitch and moan about proper nouns (i.e. People or companies). That doesn't mean that you can't debate, question or raise a valid point. It means that I don't want to see threads about how x sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back