Fake bake spray solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keli

Reaction score
Hi...
Ive just changed to using Fake Bake spray solution, havent actually used any as yet, just wondering what kind of percentage colour Original and Dark come out like?????
x

As far as I am aware Fake Bake doesnt have a percentage as such as it is supposed to adapt to each individuals skin type, so a skin type 4 would go a lot darker than say somebody who is a skin type 2.

This is the one thing that can proove tricky with Fake Bake, when I get a group of young girls all wanting Fake Bake and to be as dark as possible there have been occasions when they have not all ended up as dark as each other, I do try to explain all this to them when I start but I think it goes in 1 ear and out of the other!

As for the dark solution when I trained I was told that unless you had a very olive skin base anyway it wouldnt really take to the skin very well so wasnt worth investing in.

HTH x

Yeh thats excatly it, they only had 2 solutions to choose from Original or Dark, and no real indication what skin type or colour would suit each one, thank you for that bcoz i was going to buy the dark one!!!
xx

Hi, I've been spray tanning with Fake Bake for a while now.

I pretty much use about the same amount of Original and Darker, and I totally agree that Darker should be used on olive-toned skins as it doesn't really make a massive difference to Original on pale-skinned clients. It's Original all the way for pale-to-medium-skinned peeps but I'd advise to stock both.

Fake Bake don't really advise to do this, but I do lots of 50-50 mixes, where I mix equal measures of Original and Darker - this produces a great result on medium & olive toned skins and clients like this "bespoke" service.

I've never, ever had a situation where a client has asked me about DHA percentages, they're only interested in the final result not the science it seems, and it's only a bonus that I'm not bogged down with feeling obliged to stock 4, 5 or even 6 strengths of solution.

xx

Hi, I've been spray tanning with Fake Bake for a while now.

I pretty much use about the same amount of Original and Darker, and I totally agree that Darker should be used on olive-toned skins as it doesn't really make a massive difference to Original on pale-skinned clients. It's Original all the way for pale-to-medium-skinned peeps but I'd advise to stock both.

Fake Bake don't really advise to do this, but I do lots of 50-50 mixes, where I mix equal measures of Original and Darker - this produces a great result on medium & olive toned skins and clients like this "bespoke" service.

I've never, ever had a situation where a client has asked me about DHA percentages, they're only interested in the final result not the science it seems, and it's only a bonus that I'm not bogged down with feeling obliged to stock 4, 5 or even 6 strengths of solution.

xx

Hiya, I trained a while back and am currently using celebrity secrets, but wanted fake bake, I was talking to the head of fakebake in southern uk or wherever it was! and she sent me through the packages, but once I'd told her I already have done my training and have a kit I only want solution, she never got back to me!

Do I need to train with fake bake to use their solution or can I buy it wholesale, if so could you link me to where? Thank you! xx

Latest posts

Back