Fantasy Salon Market research

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee32

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Wondering if our geeky mates can help us out
We are looking at doing some research into " A fantasy salon" Kind of a what if You had an endless amount of money to spend, what would you like to include in your salon to make you stand out from the rest of the crowd.
How do you think it would make you stand out from the crowd Etc etc.
What would you say was your USP.
Many thanks in advance guys
Really!!!
Jen and Helen xxxxxx

Completely co-ordinated branding, down to embroidered towels, robes, pens, the works. A beautiful waiting area, Starbucks style drinks menu. For deoor, my personal perfect salon would be vintage orphan furniture, in the style of squint. Money money, but beautiful. Oh my gosh, Thats without the treatments and retail i'd put in! Plenty of thankyou evenings for regular clients, a super hot appt system, and lots of in salon marketing. Have a look at squint and see what I mean....

Squint Limited

Ooh you have got me thinking!

WOW, I think I have fallen in love with their black & white victorian chaise!!

Thats brilliant information, thank you! Exactly what we need. Unique selling points of what, as a customer, would make you choose between salon A & salon B (whether for a hair dresser or nail technician), and stand above your competitor.

Thank you :D

Wow, as Helen said exactly what we are looking for, You know sometimes you have this visoin in your head but you cant get it out ......
Thanks hun xxx

I'm all for the co-ordination definitely i think it looks great aesthetically as well as professionally..
I would have all treatments tailored to and personalised for every client- they'd each have their own custom colour blends to suit their skin tones, they'd have their own files.
I'd have thank you evenings where they can learn about the products used on them, why we use the products we use and demonstrating our knowledge in nail/ skin care. I would also like this information given partially through their treatments too so they can trust we do know what we're doing! This would both lead onto relevant retailing as the customer would know we were retailing products we believe will benefit them and will understand WHY we think they will benefit from the products.
Regular staff training opportunities so all the staff are kept up to date with products and techniques.
The customer would Never feel cramped or rushed and will always be greeted by name and not appointment time or treatment, they will be greeted with genuine friendliness and their appointment is their time- no stopping to answer the phone or deal with other customers in between.
Marketing will be consistent, professional and up to date too.

One day.... i'm still a newbie so i have a long way to go lol but i can dream!

I could buy allsorts. I really do want to save up for one of their standard lamps.

What about lots of huge massive floor standing heavy gilt mirrors. All orphan, could have them at the end of your treatment rooms. If they are a bit shoddy looking dont worry, get some silver or gold hammerite from range or wilkos and spray em. I did this with some really nasty plastic pound shop a4 gilt style picture frames. They are now silver, and I have all my offers/price lists in them. Believe it or not, everyone comments on them!

How many treatment rooms are you having? If youare having, say, 3+, you could run with the orphan theme and have colour themed rooms... gold and cream.... blue and matte silver.... mint green and gray? If they are shut off from your main area, you could get away with different themes, and its in keeping with your orphan theme. Things like, huge wire manequins?

If you are only having partition curtains for your treatment rooms, Go on fleabay and get some heavy vintage velvet curtains, they'll last forever, they can be as big as you like and drape on the floor (following h+s obv!) and you can maybe dye them. I'm vintage mad. I should have been born ages ago! hth x x

Last edited:
Omg Britgirl, I love it...
We are not sure how many treatment rooms yet we want to start from the bottom and get the basics right first then discuss how many and what treatments we will be doing, we know nails will be the main treatments, then tanning Lashes etc,
I am thinking boudoire.......My imagination is in overdrive!!!
Jen

There is a salon near that is available and that would have 2 large rooms downstairs and toilets plus another floor above Its rather large...
We know what sort of theme we want to go for now...Can see it in our minds
But what else would make you choose this over another salon, in a city full of nss...
this is open to anyone.
All input will help us make our final decisions
Jen & Helen.

There is a salon near that is available and that would have 2 large rooms downstairs and toilets plus another floor above Its rather large...
We know what sort of theme we want to go for now...Can see it in our minds
But what else would make you choose this over another salon, in a city full of nss...
this is open to anyone.
All input will help us make our final decisions
Jen & Helen.

I think its about the service. Those i have spoken to who dislike the NSS salons, tend to not like the conveyor belt attitude they have of feeling like they are being shunted in and out as quickly as possible.

I like to have a chat and relax and enjoy that little bit of time being pampered.

Its silly things that get me going back to the same place... like a food van man who always remembers what i was doing or what i said the last time i visited!! He seems pleased to see me to find out how i'm doing rather than to just take my money for the a sandwich!!

Sorry, not sure this is very helpful. But to me the experience and how i'm treated are what stand out. Sounds like you're planning a wonderful salon though xx

Thanks hunni, as they say every little helps lol xxx

I have opted for the organic/green/vegan friendly approach and so far so good. Living in Florida there is at least one nail salon on every corner but being organic and having the newest treatments available really helps. In my case also being different, i.e. not using a spa chair, sterilizing all my implements or using single use implements only.

Latest posts

Back